collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dear Hasbro...  (Read 3002 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Hasbro...
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2012, 10:21:12 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

Please bring manufacturing back home.  Employ those who loyally buy your products.  End the rampant employee theft and protect your intellectual property! 

Yeah yeah like they will listen to *that*.  But that's what I would tell them! 

this, I agree completely

As great as it would be to have manufacturing back in the US, with the way this country is right now it just wouldn't work. Manufacturing moving overseas was not the cause of the mess we are in but is just a symptom of a much larger problem. Only if that larger problem is fixed can things more complex than a simple spring be made here.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2012, 01:35:54 AM »
I love reading this thread, especially people's comments about the hasbro's manufacturing processes. When I got into collecting ponies again, I spent a long time reading the "corporate social ethics" section of their website. It seems they already do a lot for the health, safety and working conditions of their employees, both in their own factories and in licensee factories. If this is all actually carried out, and not just corporate blah-blah, then I'm very happy about it, and would definitely congratulate them in a hypothetical "Dear Hasbro.." style letter.  :)

Other than that, I would put... Bring back the fringes on G4 ponies, and bring out more non-mane 6 brushables - pleez  :biggrin:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2012, 01:37:46 AM »
Oh! A brushable Ditzy Doo would be great! No way and I spending a bunch of money on the big one!

I agree!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2012, 05:30:12 AM »
I agree about bringing back bangs!

Also, boy pony brushables and more characters in unique colours. More greens, blues, whites, reds and less pinks!!!!

Also, please more poses for the brushables! I'm so tired of the same two poses over and over again..

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2012, 05:43:05 AM »
Oh, and while everyone is asking for boy ponies FS size and brushable size, with brushable hair or mohawks, can I add that I'd love to see some shaggy hooves! Painted would be fine but to have a unique design for boys with molded shaggy hooves like Big Brothers would be so squeee!  :biggrin:

It'd be a great chance start to adding a little more pose variety too.  ;)
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
They are definitely making an effort to be responsible which is something I deeply appreciate-  they actually do inspect from time to time- I guess the concern is what goes on when they are not there.  The allegations are that the factories make everything look great when they visit- but things tend to slip without constant oversight.   You can't really believe everything that Hasbro is saying about how great they are any more than you can believe some of the inflammatory articles trying to tear them down-

Still- they are trying.  Which is more than I can say for many corporate giants. And that does mean something.

More boy ponies Hasbro!  And cuter plush-  and higher quality....

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2012, 10:02:31 AM »
but things tend to slip without constant oversight.
My mom was transferred to work for a water filteration machine factory in China from '07 to '09. And welp, that's what she said. They have to be put under constant supervision or all sorts of hanky panky will happen. Even worse is that they sometimes treat those tools as toys and would accidentally hurt their colleagues with it.

*sigh* How do you knock it into peoples' head that Hasbro did not make any of the plushes save for the newborn cuties? (which I don't classify as a plush given that their head is made of plastic and is technically half the size of the toy).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:04:58 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

all4fun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2012, 12:04:07 PM »
I say "Dear Hasbro...." often, usually when I'm thinking about how much money they could make by offering a line of boy brushables or new background character brushables, or ANYTHING other than the mane 6 in brushables again. Though I do think the mane 6 should be continued to be offered for new buyers. When I first started buying about a year ago for my daughters I could not find any brushables in my stores for a long time, they were just cleaned out. And Pinkie was the hardest to find (and the one my daughter most wanted). Hard to believe that I have 7 or 8 of Pinkie Pie today.

Also, THANK YOU Hasbro for re-releasing Rarity in FS size, and hopefully Applejack (pretty please?) And I hope there are more different characters coming too :)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »
Dear Hasbro:

Please make special edition holiday ponies! I would LOVE some special Christmas and Valentines' Day ponies.  Not just current characters in holiday attire, but actual new special holiday brushables in collector packaging.

I totally agree with this.  Though, if you have to reissue something, recolor the train to make it a Christmas train with Christmas accessories.  I would totally buy it. (again)

Totally. Want. Christmas. Train!!!

Seriously... how cute would that look under the tree? :xmas:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »
Dear Hasbro:

Please make special edition holiday ponies! I would LOVE some special Christmas and Valentines' Day ponies.  Not just current characters in holiday attire, but actual new special holiday brushables in collector packaging.

I totally agree with this.  Though, if you have to reissue something, recolor the train to make it a Christmas train with Christmas accessories.  I would totally buy it. (again)

Totally. Want. Christmas. Train!!!

Seriously... how cute would that look under the tree? :xmas:

I know, right?!  I'm just envisioning it with a G4 Minty at the helm and Snowcatcher along for the ride.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2012, 06:53:41 PM »
Please bring back G3 style exclusives!
And please give us boys and Halloween and Christmas ponies, NEW characters and not the core six blablabla.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2012, 07:07:41 PM »
Dear Hasbro!

PLEASE pretty please with a pony on top:

Make more non-mane six brushables and Fashion Styles. It would be just ever so more fun and make you more money if you made more characters from the background of the show or even some brand new ones. You need to make this line more vibrant. All those cool blindbags? Make them brushables! Definitely add some stallions. We need more than one gentlecolt for all the thousands of mane 6s we have.

~Trix

Also, THANK YOU Hasbro for re-releasing Rarity in FS size, and hopefully Applejack (pretty please?) And I hope there are more different characters coming too :)

Plus THIS ^

Oh, and while everyone is asking for boy ponies FS size and brushable size, with brushable hair or mohawks, can I add that I'd love to see some shaggy hooves! Painted would be fine but to have a unique design for boys with molded shaggy hooves like Big Brothers would be so squeee!  :biggrin:

and THIS ^

Shaggy hooves could be super neat even maybe...maybe with Shining Armor hair.

EXPLORE
CREATE
MAKE MONEY

:enthralled:

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2012, 03:04:32 PM »
*sigh* How do you knock it into peoples' head that Hasbro did not make any of the plushes save for the newborn cuties? (which I don't classify as a plush given that their head is made of plastic and is technically half the size of the toy).

Most people think that because they are a Hasbro licensed character that Hasbro produces them. But when it comes down to it, it's still a Hasbro toy even if they were made by another company on behalf of Hasbro. Any quality or sales of such toy still reflects directly on Hasbro, whether they produced it or not.

So all in all, it does not really matter if they are made by Hasbro or not, they are still a Hasbro toy to most people, and I don't think that will ever change :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:08:09 PM by Oneleo1 »
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal