collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High retail price  (Read 2071 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: Monster High retail price
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 10:06:23 AM »
In Australia the general cost of living is much higher.  We do things in Litres not gallons, but roughly milk at its extreme cheapest is 30cents more than it is here at it's extreme cheapest, and for the more average price it's more than a dollar more.  Petrol is about 2 more for a gallon there.

I don't know specifics about Sweden, but I was going to do an exchange there for University, and I was told in Sweden lots of things are free, such as health care, and school (including University).  They also have a pretty good welfare system.  So everything else is quite pricey. 

I think that is why Australia is so much too.  We have welfare for everyone for as long as they need it, and you don't have to pay it back.  We also have mostly free health care and what not.  So things cost more because they're taxed and because we have more money to spend on it.  The average median family income in Australia is $90,000 a year.  In the city I am from its $150,000 a year.  We can afford to pay more our day to day stuff more than an average American can.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 01:18:22 PM »
I'm just wondering, how are your prices on milk and gas and stuff?  Is it just toys that are crazy expensive, or is everything marked up so drastically?

Everything thats imported are always much more expensive.

Nussekanin; sigh scandinavian customs and taxes</3 and yes it is cheaper to nuy from US even with shipping. I pay around 25-30usd shipped for a unboxed doll

Xeevee - yes we have great healthcare and school for free. So I can agree with that making other stuff more expensive. It's also much more expensive if its from outsidr EU because then the taxes are higher
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:46:21 AM by amenoo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 09:50:26 AM »
It's interesting to me that Targets in different cities appear to have different prices-  maybe that's why the prices are not posted on Target.com

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 09:54:39 AM »
I went to Seattle a few weeks ago and I was shocked at the prices of monster high... 

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 10:02:43 AM »
It's interesting to me that Targets in different cities appear to have different prices-  maybe that's why the prices are not posted on Target.com
I haven't been to the website in a while, but I think all the prices are the same at different Targets. Both Renton Landing and Southcenter Target have the same prices. Aprox $19.89 ish or so, also same with the one in Downtown Seattle that just opened. I can't remember exactly, so I might be wrong. @,@; Then again, I mostly check for what they have on stock instead of what the price is, and when they do have what I'm looking for, I use the price scanner, which goes around that price of $19.89ish. XP

As for other stores,

Walmarts prices go for about $19.97
Fred Meyer prices go for about $22.99 =_=;
Toys R Us prices go for about $26.99ish >,>;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 10:17:49 AM »
Here in Honduras prices are:

beach of death tired types go for $30-35
signature or similar dolls go for $45
special like the sweet 1600 go for  $64

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 10:19:23 AM »
If any of you fellow American go to K-Mart MH is much cheaper there than anywhere else I've found including Target.  Our TRUs vary in pricing depending on where they are.  The TRU in my neighborhood is about 2US cheaper than my older sister's TRU regarding MH, Lego, Star Wars and other popular brands.

At two local K-Marts here the Roller Maze girls are 12.99, SS and GB are 14.99, Mystical/Nocturnal Design Lab add ons are 11.99, regular CAM add-ons are 12.99 while starter sets are 19.99.  Basic dolls are anywhere from 19.99 to 21.99 with certain ones being on sale.  This last weekend the DDG girls were on sale for 19.99 and I even found the ever-elusive DDG Lagoona that always seems to missing amongst the sea of Spectras and Operettas.  In fact K-Mart is the only place around here that I've seen the DDG line.  So do find out if there is a K-Mart in your area and pay attention to their sales.

Unfortunately Walmart is out of the way for me although I drove to many trying to track down 1600 Cupid. She was the only MH doll other than the Werewolf Sisters that I broke down and bought online.  I expect I'll have to do the same with Caterite De Mew if I want her as she's another Wally World exclusive.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 05:35:25 PM »
Canadian TRU retails Sig dolls and CAM starter packs for 29.99.  The single packs like Skull Shores and the Rollerderby girls are 19.99, as are the CAM add-ons.  I haven't paid attention to the other prices on playsets with dolls or the plush girls or anything like that...
zellers is selling the CAM add ons for 14.99 now! SKELE HERE I COME

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 06:12:24 PM »
Since the topic of K-Mart came up......

I noticed they have a deal going on, spend $50, save $5, going on right now (at least here.)  I was gonna (finally) buy the DDG singles, but all they had were Operettas!  I was debating to myself if I should get them or not, and then I decided I should.  Looked through the pile to get the three of them and the ENTIRE pile was nothing but Operetta!  I was shocked.  But I saved $60.  Ya win some, ya lose some.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Xanthestar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 06:22:21 PM »
I saw the Ghouls Rules line at Justice for $40.00 a piece...eeeek!

But yeah, around here signature lines are generally 19-22 depending where you get 'em.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 08:06:37 PM »
Sigh... I would pay more per doll in exchange for free healthcare. Us [United Statesians?] think we're getting a good deal when everything is cheaper than Europe and Canada, but we're really not :(
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:10:57 PM by saply »

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 10:09:22 PM »
Here I have found that Amazon has really good prices depending on the day.  I managed to get Sig Spectra, Rochelle and Robecca for $21.99 each (could only find at TRU for $25 and Kohls for $40-Spectra before that), SS B&W Frankie for $13.20 (went cheaper a few days later), Sig Operetta for $19.95, GR Draculaura and Cleo for 19.99 and GR Clawdeen for $19.97.  I ended up returning a bunch of these that I bought in stores right before checking Amazaon because they were cheaper and offered free shipping on orders over $25. 

Where I have been shopping for MH dolls (ND and MN) TRUs seem to run high-Signatures around $25, 1600 around $30, SS and RM around $18.  Walmart is on the cheaper side with Sigs around $20, GR around $23 (except Abbey-about $24), SS and RM about $13.  Target is in the middle-Sigs around $20, GR around $24, ST-$23, Werewolf Sis pack-$30, SS 5 pack-$55.  Kmart is higher too with sig dolls around $24, GR-$26 and SS/RM-$16.  The absolute worst I have seen is Kohls-they have sigs priced at $35-$40, SS/RM-$20, DotD-$25-30. 

Places many people probably wouldn't think to check is Claire's and Justice stores.  They don't have large stocks and they are pricier but they often have harder to find ones or older ones that most stores don't have in stock or really new ones that people snatch up right away.  I saw my first guy doll in Claire's recently.  Claire's has Sigs at $25 which isn't bad if they are HTF.  Justice has their's marked from $25-40 but they recently had their whole store at 40% off so you could get them at about regular price. 

So, I think it depends on where you live and where you shop because you can find some HTF items in unexpected places.  Also, I noticed on some things that Target and TRU stores are not consistent with pricing across the board.  Target will have some things $1-$5 higher than another Targets depending on location (even within a few miles of each other and so will TRU.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:15:56 PM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal