collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: acrylic paint help ?  (Read 259 times)

anna4810

• Trade Count: (0)
acrylic paint help ?
« on: September 18, 2012, 03:12:04 AM »
ive painted my first custom about a week ago now but her pain is very sticky i left her hair in her hair and just removed the tail to remove the washer hair was in perfect condition but tail was starting to rust ive never used paints before im a pencil kinda gal ;) but thought id make my first custom the paint very quite expensive for the size of the tub it was £6.99 for id say 50ml any help on why its so sticky if i touch it it leaves and indent plus the hair is sticking to it :/

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: acrylic paint help ?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 04:50:12 AM »
Have you sealed the paint with anything yet? Using a sealer may help. Also, what brand paint was it?

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 05:23:45 PM »
Acrylic paints can react with pony plastic over time to become sticky to the touch.  There are some easy sealing methods, such as watering down some matte modge podge to the consistency of milk.  Also, painting in thin layers with a little water added to the paint can help.

pineapples

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 09:48:24 PM »
I'd say you may have painted it on a little thick what I do is I mix my acrylic with water (just a tiny bit I usually dip my paint brush into some clean water then mix it into the acrylic and I might do that twice depending on how much pain I have on my pallet.) I would do a maximum of two coats in one day or the paint dries funny. Make sure you don't put another coat on until the other coat is dry and as others said use some kind of sealer like mod podge.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal