collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: BUYER BEWARE OF FAKE EBAY LISTING!!!  (Read 1327 times)

DanicaB

• Trade Count: (0)
BUYER BEWARE OF FAKE EBAY LISTING!!!
« on: September 16, 2012, 02:31:56 AM »
So I've been selling my childhood collection of G1 my little ponies on ebay and put a lot of time and effort into my listings. I want people to be sure they are happy with what they're bidding on, so I do my best to make the auctions accurate. Tonight I was browsing through MLPs for sale on ebay and I noticed an auction that had the EXACT same pics as on of my previous auctions. I know this because I have the same background in all my pictures so it's kinda hard to miss. I click on the listing to find out it has the EXACT same description as mine had!! Either this person copied mine and is trying to sell the same type of pony but not the same one as in the pics, or they don't even have the pony and are trying to rip people off!!! Anyway it's not right either way and I've reported them to ebay and sent them a message letting them know that what they are doing is wrong. Just be careful if you are buying anything from RED741 on ebay.

Offline FlitterRose

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Welcome to Daydreamland. No reality allowed.
    • View Profile
Re: BUYER BEWARE OF FAKE EBAY LISTING!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 03:13:00 AM »
Oh,I hate those fakers :mad: Thanks for warning :)
Sup

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 04:35:03 AM »
Common problem sadly, you should report it so the auction is pulled. :)
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 04:48:07 AM »
Exactly what Sarah said.  It seems that people are to lazy to do their own work these days. I can't even tell you how many times I have had to repost listings for image and text theft.  I finally added a little note in my listings and a link to ebay's text and image policy because I don't have time to report every idiot.  And knock on wood it seems to have worked.

But I did go and look up their ID and it shows that they do not have anything for sale, so ebay must have pulled it already.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 08:18:27 AM »
Thanks for letting us know!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

DanicaB

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:45:50 AM »
No problem I would hate for someone to bid on something that may not exist or is falsely advertised. I looked at some of their completed listing and saw that someone payed $200 for a lot of ponies a few days ago, hopefully they actually got what they paid for. After I messaged them asking them to change their listing or delete it this is the reply I got lol

"Please! There is NOTHING to hide. In fact, my items are probably in better condition than yours.
My daughter thought it would be easier to copy and paste pictures or whatever she did rather than typing it herself. There is nothing wrong being done. NO worries I will revise it sing you find a need to cry about it."

"Thanks!"

- red714

Good to hear they don't have anything for sale anymore. I reported them to ebay last night after I saw the auction.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 06:48:08 PM »
Thanks for letting us know :hug: 
wow as if copying and pasting your pics and descriptions wasnt bad enough  how rude was that message?! ! :blink:   I'm glad ebay took down the listings

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 07:05:03 PM »
Thanks for the warning! I got one of their auctions in my watch list just to see if ebay does anything.

DanicaB

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 07:48:37 PM »
Right? She was beyond rude! After I tried to explain to her that it isn't fair to the buyer or seller to just copy and paste other peoples listings she told me to "stop harassing her, loser". I mean come on first she tried to tell me her items for sale are nicer than mine then called me a loser. Obviously my things for sale aren't that horrible or she wouldn't have copied my listing! haha. So then I just kinda laughed it off and said haha okay and this was her reply...

"Pretty sure you are some fat hog sitting behind your computer...thats when you have balls to talk..im sure if i was in your face you wouldnt be running your mouth heffer."

Wow some people on ebay can be rude. I couldn't help but laugh when I read that message because it couldn't be further from the truth lol. I didn't even say anything to insult her and as a grown woman who says she has a child, you would think her manners might be a little better.

P.S sorry about the language if anyone finds it offensive but I'm very frustrated and wanted to share my story :x

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 09:23:56 PM »
oh my that's unbelievable... gosh I have nothing to say but how do some people manage to continue to live in society? Who does that type of thing really. If I were you I would ignore her and the rest of us can block her ; ) Sorry you had to deal with her thou, sounds like reporting them to ebay is the best thing to do rather than contact the seller

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 09:31:59 PM »
How do you look up sellers? I def. block this jerk.  :mad:

edit: found it, seems like she has nothing to sell? lol Ebay did something good by taking her auctions down.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:38:26 PM by CupeCakeWishes »
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 09:39:29 PM »
Wow, thanks for the warning. I would keep reporting her for her rude language. The "fat hog" bit might get her in trouble.

What a loser.

DanicaB

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 09:45:30 PM »
Thanks nhal039 =)
I just told her that I was glad to see my listing was off her ebay page since that was the point of me messaging her, not to engage in some immature argument, and goodbye.

@ CupeCakeWishes I'm not too sure on how to look up sellers but I can give you the link to her ebay page...

http://myworld.ebay.com/red714?ssPageName=ADME:X:CEM:US:1181

Post Merge: September 16, 2012, 09:49:48 PM

Ya I think I will report her again. I noticed ebay took down most of her MLP auctions since I reported her last night so that's a plus. Her rude language was definitely uncalled for!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:49:48 PM by DanicaB »

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 09:53:38 PM »
Yup, found her just as I saw your post! I'd report her for foul language. Apparently her attitude is that it's okay to steal pictures and other people's work and she's saying it's okay for her kid to do the same.  :huh:

Parent of the year goes to... LOL
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 11:47:55 PM »
Thanks nhal039 =)
I just told her that I was glad to see my listing was off her ebay page since that was the point of me messaging her, not to engage in some immature argument, and goodbye.

@ CupeCakeWishes I'm not too sure on how to look up sellers but I can give you the link to her ebay page...

http://myworld.ebay.com/red714?ssPageName=ADME:X:CEM:US:1181

Post Merge: September 16, 2012, 09:49:48 PM

Ya I think I will report her again. I noticed ebay took down most of her MLP auctions since I reported her last night so that's a plus. Her rude language was definitely uncalled for!

Are you sure Ebay is the one that took them down? Maybe she just removed them. Did you get a notice or something?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal