collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Some help with an Argie Posey?  (Read 765 times)

Offline EmeraldEyesPhoenix

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • butts butts butts
    • View Profile
Some help with an Argie Posey?
« on: September 14, 2012, 08:39:10 PM »
I bought her off of eBay, and I *LOVE* her! But...she's got problems. Tail rust, pinpoint mold, fading mark, paint chipping from eyes, and her previous owners were smokers!

I know I can fix most of this stuff, but she's my first G1 to restore, so I'm deathly afraid of messing her up! >:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• What's good way to get rid of pinpoint mold?
  • What's a good haircolor match for her?
wacky wahoo pizza

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Some help with an Argie Posey?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 08:43:48 PM »
the only close match that dollyhair in stock has at the moment is called pussycat

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:47:45 PM »
In the pony Corral there is a thread for cleaning suggestions that will help a lot of that. I know they suggest really hot water, soap and nail scrubbing on pindot. That helped the majority of my girls I cleaned.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 09:55:05 PM »
here eyes look great to me! typical argie eyes, dont retouch!
her hair looks good too
do you have more pics of her all together?
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 04:47:42 AM »
pussy cat won't be a match for her, the match would be tearose, however from what i can see of her mane i would condition and straighten with a cool iorn first before i would htink of rehairing :) i would also be tempted to use real G1 mlp hair rather than new nylon  ;)

also her eyes look just how they should for an argie pony :) so no need to fix them, the symbols will be a little patchy too, which again is normal :)

nirvana ponies are no way as factory perfect as hong kong or china pony's, they often have what appear to be flaws that are just part of how they were made :) many ponies were hand finished, such as having the eye lashes hand painted on (greek rainbow ponies!) or the symbols and eye where hand stamped on (italian ponies!) there is a lot of variation in the quaility of the materials used.

the pindot can easily be cleaned with very how water, a little bleach and a good scrub with a toothbrush :) there are tutorials in the corral i think ;)

love pkw xxxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 11:04:30 AM »
Agreed, don't rehair her, the problems are fixable or just typical of the country. I second Maddies suggestions on the pindot mold though! She looks pretty great to me :)

• Fancy Pants Baby
  • butts butts butts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 11:03:15 AM »
her hair looks good too

Her mane was really frizzy, and had a streak on one side of what looked like rust. I'm not sure what it was, to be honest. She also had tail rust. :c
wacky wahoo pizza

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 11:04:59 AM »
her hair looks good too

Her mane was really frizzy, and had a streak on one side of what looked like rust. I'm not sure what it was, to be honest. She also had tail rust. :c
Whitening toothpaste will get that out if you scrub with it. Most people are against rehairing them if it can be avoided because it decreases the value of the pony, and it can be really hard to find one with good hair. In the end of course it's your decision, but all the things you mentioned are repairable.  ^.^
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

• Fancy Pants Baby
  • butts butts butts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 10:41:17 PM »
her hair looks good too

Whitening toothpaste will get that out if you scrub with it. Most people are against rehairing them if it can be avoided because it decreases the value of the pony, and it can be really hard to find one with good hair. In the end of course it's your decision, but all the things you mentioned are repairable.  ^.^

I'm just going to rehair her, since I'm going for aesthetics over worth. :happy:
wacky wahoo pizza

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 03:48:50 AM »
her hair looks good too

I'm just going to rehair her, since I'm going for aesthetics over worth. :happy:

but you can remove the frizzyness with water and a flat iron. :) And the rust is easely removable as well if you know how to do it. I think it's more fun to own a pony thats 100% original, especially when it is a treasure like this :heart: argie posey is a adorable pony! (and super hard to find in this good condition! I envy you! I sold my own a couple of years ago as she had very scratched symbols.)

And you will have less work with defrizzing her back to full glory then what you would have had with rehairing her (and its cheaper to, as you don't need to buy new hair).

I understand that collectors want to do a rehair when the hair is very badly cut, but if that isn't the case it is really worth trying to restore her back with less drastic methods. :)
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

• Fancy Pants Baby
  • butts butts butts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 03:21:23 PM »
her hair looks good too

but you can remove the frizzyness with water and a flat iron. :) And the rust is easely removable as well if you know how to do it. I think it's more fun to own a pony thats 100% original, especially when it is a treasure like this :heart: argie posey is a adorable pony! (and super hard to find in this good condition! I envy you! I sold my own a couple of years ago as she had very scratched symbols.)

And you will have less work with defrizzing her back to full glory then what you would have had with rehairing her (and its cheaper to, as you don't need to buy new hair).

I understand that collectors want to do a rehair when the hair is very badly cut, but if that isn't the case it is really worth trying to restore her back with less drastic methods. :)

I don't own a flat iron, so just spending a few bucks on a good hair match is considerably easier for me!
wacky wahoo pizza

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 11:57:28 AM »
you can use a clothes iron if you don't have hair straightening irons :) i don't have hair straightening irons either so i use a clothes iron set to the nylon setting ;)

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal