collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Make a Wish Swap Brag  (Read 21862 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Make a Wish Swap Brag
« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2012, 08:21:48 PM »
I know! I keep running my fingers through Sherbet's hair-- it's so unbelievably silky! <3 They all seem to have a bit of scent, but Strawberry Surprise is the strongest. I love her so, so much! The creamy pink color, the cutenesss of the Crumpet pose, and the way her hair is tied up... she's so precious!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 27, 2012, 08:25:29 PM »
Yay more brags!!!!  Babushka, I had so much fun making those felt ponies for you:). 

You made those? I loved those. Neato
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 28, 2012, 07:12:42 AM »
I love that baby Parasol!  She really looks like she was made by Hasbro!!!  Wow!!!  The colors and shapes are perfect.  How do you make them so identical to the original?  I love that retro T-shirt too!  Pina Colada and Majesty really are so pretty.  Windy is gorgeous! 

Fizzy and Bonnie Bonnets with the prettiest hair I have seen yet!  I've been looking for Bonnie with nice hair and yours is the nicest I have seen.  I think I am going to have to put TAF Night Glider on my wish list.   I so want those felt bags.  So creative and beautiful.  Any chance we could get a close up of the ponies?

Doctor Who!!!  I love Syd and Willie's pictures.  So cute.  Are they a handful?  My two favorite Sweetberry ponies!  Those are such pretty girls.   Everyone's Big Brothers are starting to make me think I might like them.  Never paid any attention to the boys before, but seeing everyone swap brothers is making me realize how awesome they are. 

What great swap boxes! 

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »
These boxes are amazing!!!!!  Customs!  Big Brothers!  Nightglider!  Wow on the  pony front!  It's so fun to see the other goodies in the boxes...it's like a peek at who people are!  It's been said a lot, but what a lovely and generous group of people.  Lots of art and craft talent, too.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »
These boxes are amazing!!!!!  Customs!  Big Brothers!  Nightglider!  Wow on the  pony front!  It's so fun to see the other goodies in the boxes...it's like a peek at who people are!  It's been said a lot, but what a lovely and generous group of people.  Lots of art and craft talent, too.

My thoughts exactly.
 :good:

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2012, 06:38:38 PM »
Oh wow I haven't posted in this brag for a bit. I wanted to say you guys are simply amazing! I adore seeing how much time and effort everyone has put into making their partners happy. I really will be truly sad when this swap is over,but excited to know next year we can do it again. :grouphug:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 01, 2012, 07:08:39 PM »
And remember, there will be swaps in between now and next year that many of us will join. :)  At least the Arena keeps them coming!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 01, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »
And remember, there will be swaps in between now and next year that many of us will join. :)  At least the Arena keeps them coming!
Oh I know, and I've even joined several. I just feel like in this one we've talked a lot and really got to know each other...sadness to the ending. :cry:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #233 on: October 02, 2012, 10:34:43 AM »
So! 

This is bound to run long.  ;)  I am the lucky recipient of a swap box from Jupiter.  She did an amazing job and I got so many gifts in the swap box that I've found it impossible to photograph them all together! But I have *dozens* of photographs from my swap and that seems like it might break the thread here if I include every one of them. So, I'll do my best!

This is my first swap with the Arena.  I'm hugely grateful for Hathorcat for arranging the swap itself and for bending the rules a bit to allow me, a relative unknown in the community, to participate.  Everyone in the swap was supportive and gracious and awesome to me, too, so really--THANKS!  You made my first swap a memorable one.  Now on to the *gigantic* box of gifts I got from Jupiter!

(As an astrology buff, you know that Jupiter is known as the expansive planet.  It is the planet of big acts of generosity and kindness and just--big blessings--so I think it was rather a perfect embodiment of her ponysona that I got so spoiled.  :) )

I got home from a weekend trip out of town and found the box waiting for me.  It was decorated, adorably, with G1 symbols.

The tissue paper resting on the top was similarly decorated and then, underneath that sheet, a holy huge pile of presents!

No, I mean practically neverending.  There wasn't any packing material or peanuts or anything--that entire giant box was filled with gifts.  The gifts were cushioned in shipping with *even more* gifts.  It was kinda crazy--in the most fabulous, not sure whether to laugh or cry or shriek with glee, kinda way.  :)

I do not even know where to start in telling you about it all.  How about with the 'extras'?

For non-pony extras, I got:
*a box of decadent Tazo Chai tea
*a panoramic postcard, bookmark, and squished penny from Yosemite National Park
*two books I've heard a lot about but never read:  Polgara the Sorceress by David and Leigh Eddings and The Color of Magic, the first book in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.
*Four little seashell themed glass tealight holders
*a butterfly and heart-themed spiral notebook
*pink WallPops! (dry-erase wall sticker decal circles)
*a sequined, black and rainbow decorated folding fan
*a table-purse-hook
*a pencil set with eight decorated pencils, two erasers shaped like adorable foods, and a cute sharpener
*a postcard from the San Diego Zoo
*a smiling sunflower sticker/pencil/eraser set
*a cherries (jubilee!) reusable shopping bag
*a mini Ty beanie unicorn
*a rainbow handwoven keychain :D
*are you still reading?  How can this list be possible?
*a sheet of puffy floral stickers
*a sheet of prismatic butterfly stickers
*a rainbow owls pocket
AND *a sheet of rainbow pony stickers

I never managed to get a photograph of everything together.  It was just--too much!
~*~

So then, as if that wasn't enough, she also included two things she'd found in thrift stores and hoped I'd like.  As I'm a huge fan of She-Ra and cartoon bed linens, it was a given!  I LOVED THEM!

I got a Sweet Bee figure from She-Ra and a beautiful Smurfs flat sheet.

Oh!  And, and, and!

She also included some stones and crystals.  Two of the crystals are from giant amethyst geodes, I can tell, but I'm not sure what the third is.  It is a cluster of kinda ambery-brown growths.

So then, at long last, three hours of gift opening later, we've come to the ponies.  ;D

I'm extraordinarily happy with them, too.  :)

Snowcatcher in the box!  I missed her when she was released and am *super* happy to have her to add to my MIB G4s.

My first G2 babies!!  Dart and Dash.  I don't know anything about them but they are ridiculously cute.  :D

Lovely, lovely Windy. 

Li'l Pocket (She's a bit embarrassed that she spent that spare change of hers.  Probably on ponies like me.)

There are no ponies ON EARTH I enjoy spa days with more than Perfume Puffs.  Jupiter sent me two!  Lavender Lace *and*.....

Darling Sweet Suds!

And then, because this box was huge and I'm not kidding when I say that Jupiter packed it to the brim, there was EVEN MORE...

Safely tucked away in the owl folder was a Dutch My Little Pony Advertisement!  It is in pristine condition and came from a magazine somewhere.  It is so, so, so thrilling to have.  :D

And there was a bag of accessories, too, which to an accessories junkie like me is like having a bag of diamonds floating around in your swap box.  :D 

Three scrumptious pieces of birthday cake along with the cake platter, some party plates and mugs, noise makers and party hats, even the pin the tail on the pony game and two of the paper invitations.  A box of pony diapers and a pink saddle and a G3 brush, too.  I was in heaven.

But see that rainbow awning in the middle of the picture?  Imagine it bathed in light and accompanied by a heavenly choir singing because that is the last piece of Paradise Estate I needed to complete my personal PE.  SHE FOUND ME THE LAST PIECE I NEEDED!!!!!  :D  :D

Let me put that, the phenomenal treasure of my swap box, into perspective.  :)  I've been a longtime collector but I only joined the Arena about a year and a half ago in the hopes that, somehow, I'd find a rainbow awning (along with a few other small items I needed) to complete a Paradise Estate I'd found and restored.  I found everything else *but* that awning.  It was my signature line, that awning request, for well over a year and finally I kinda gave up on it and decided to take my mind off of my PE for awhile.  And here, in the ultimate of Wishlist swap fulfillment, I got that single piece I've been *dying* to find from my partner.  It was incredible.  She could have sent me a box of shredded recycling paper and that awning and I would have been on the floor in shock and delight and happiness and gratitude and instead, it was just one tiny piece of an AMAZING giant swap box.

I'm on Cloud Nine.  Cloud Pony, anyways.

Jupiter, you're the best.  <3  I owe you--big time.  :)
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #234 on: October 02, 2012, 10:52:20 AM »
Oh Wow Congrats songtoisis!!
What a cute box!!

Great job Jupiter!!

Babushka

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #235 on: October 02, 2012, 10:59:17 AM »
Awesome boxes everyone!

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 02, 2012, 11:26:27 AM »
I have to agree with you, songtoisis... that is one incredible swap box you've received.  Jupiter's generosity is indeed grand and expansive, just as you said.  I think my favourite part of this swap brag, though, is how obviously and completely grateful you are.  Oh, and you're a great writer, too!  In addition to all the fun pics, this has been a lovely swap brag to read through.  ^.^

Yay, it has been agony waiting for another brag, and this was sooo worth the wait!
 :good:

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 02, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »
That is a beautiful swap box Song!  Wow, Jupiter put together quite the awesome box!  I'm thrilled you finally got that elusive little awning for PE. 

I'm glad Hathorcat allowed you to participate in this swap!  It's been really fun getting to know you better:)

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #238 on: October 02, 2012, 11:49:02 AM »
What a great box you put together Jupiter. Congrats song!

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 02, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »
yay!  what an awesome box :)  amazing that she found you that last peice you needed!!
looking into a re-branding.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal