collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37718 times)

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #1080 on: October 16, 2012, 11:36:22 PM »
I still see them as Mummies, but if they painted on like a bandage wrap/s on either of their wrists/forearms or ankle/calves that might be a good way to give her a more Mummy-ish look. Seeing them with only the Eye of Rahish style eye and diamond beauty mark, the first thing that would pop into my head if I had no knowledge of MH would be that they're normies with Egyptian heritage or something.

Has anyone ever completely detinsiled a Cleo and added some gold/blonde colored hair to replace them?

Ravie from our board did!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/prettypullips/6918629561/

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 16, 2012, 11:38:10 PM »
My School's Out Cleo's diamond birthmark is vertical as well. I haven't got any other Cleos to compare it to, though.
Thanks, pukunui. I don't feel bad now. Her lipstick is also fantastic :)
Yes it is! Also, her slanted haircut and the teal streaks! I reckon she's the best Cleo out of all of them (which is why she's the only one I've got).

My SO Cleo is one of my absolute favourite dolls. She is just stunning!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 16, 2012, 11:39:19 PM »
Wow that looks amazing! Why didn't Mattel do it like this?! XD lol Props to Ravie for pulling it off. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1083 on: October 16, 2012, 11:48:56 PM »
Wow that looks amazing! Why didn't Mattel do it like this?! XD lol Props to Ravie for pulling it off. :P
Seconded.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 17, 2012, 03:19:12 AM »
I get emails from one of the many Black Friday sites and they had the scans up for Farm & Fleet's Toyland catalog, which starts this weekend. They have Monster High dolls listed for $16.49. It says assorted and shows sig Spectra, Ghoulia & Abbey and wave 2 Frankie, Lagoona, Cleo and Clawdeen. I don't know if that's all they'll have, but either way, it's a really good price and probably worth checking out if you have one nearby.

I'm thinking about stopping by there anyway because they also have the MLP Wedding Castle set for  $26.89, which is the cheapest I've ever seen it. I've been putting off grabbing it because I didn't want the castle, just the two ponies, but for this price, I may pick it up.

Argentum-Zeena

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1085 on: October 17, 2012, 03:39:48 AM »
Speaking of Black Friday...

I'm curious if this is a good idea or not:
Since I most likely won't be able to go out nice and early for Black Friday, I was thinking of maybe asking someone here if they could pick up some items for me (obviously I would give them the shopping money + shipping).

Dumb idea?

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 17, 2012, 04:37:55 AM »
Speaking of Black Friday...

I'm curious if this is a good idea or not:
Since I most likely won't be able to go out nice and early for Black Friday, I was thinking of maybe asking someone here if they could pick up some items for me (obviously I would give them the shopping money + shipping).

Dumb idea?

You might be able to find someone, especially if they're already going to the store that has the item you want. I've gone out on Black Friday every year for at least the past 10 years and it takes a lot of planning. Most of the time if you don't get somewhere before they open, you won't find the item you want.

I personally wouldn't do it, at least not for actual cost simply because it entails getting up super early, standing an hour or more in the freezing cold, then fighting huge crowds to try to hopefully grab the item you want. I hate it, but we do it because it's usually the only way we can afford certain things. And this year I need a TV for my bedroom (my old one is making a high pitched sound that's driving me nuts) so that's going to be my top priority.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #1087 on: October 17, 2012, 06:04:21 AM »
I'm a sucker for sneakers. Can't beat the comfort and I can wear them with just about anything.

I've spent the last 2 years wearing Vibram Fivefingers during the week and flip-flops on the weekend.  Never been more comfortable.

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 17, 2012, 07:32:56 AM »
So, a user on tumblr got a replacement Rochelle from Mattel.

(larger image here - http://i.imgur.com/Oqg5g.jpg)

Okay, these better start popping up in stores because this is getting ridiculous aaaaaaa. Because my "RAWR RAWR I AM ANGRY AT ALL THINGS" side is just thinking the worst and that Mattel is just SITTING on these dolls and haven't sent them to stores yet (though... with any company I really do think that can be truth) and not just the fact they might have sent these to stores but stores still have a lot of back stock or something idk.... all I know is I'm terrified of walking into Walmart while grocery shopping and seeing a doll I want from this line on shelf ;o;

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #1089 on: October 17, 2012, 07:33:56 AM »
Wow! She's cute!

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 17, 2012, 07:36:27 AM »
She is! I was so scared that she wouldn't come out good, at all... though my fiance is a little upset they couldn't have at least tried to keep that gorgeous purple-ish mix of hair the prototype had. It's fine, if he reaaaaaaaaaally doesn't want her when he sees her in person I'll get her as a back up for my Rochelle (Asjkhgkjasdgasdg STUPID FOREVER GREASY HAIR) and hope this one doesn't have the same flaws. Also, dat. Outfit.

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #1091 on: October 17, 2012, 08:16:24 AM »
My Rochelle's hair was too flyaway so I tamed it with a glob of hair gel. :lol:

Frankie Stein

« Reply #1092 on: October 17, 2012, 08:25:40 AM »
Wow, isn't this Rochelle suppose to be deluxe? Hopefully thats not all she comes with...  :shocked:

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #1093 on: October 17, 2012, 08:29:34 AM »
Wow, isn't this Rochelle suppose to be deluxe? Hopefully thats not all she comes with...  :shocked:
The non deluxe don't come with the travel bags from what I've seen.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 17, 2012, 08:44:22 AM »
So, a user on tumblr got a replacement Rochelle from Mattel.

(larger image here - http://i.imgur.com/Oqg5g.jpg)

Okay, these better start popping up in stores because this is getting ridiculous aaaaaaa. Because my "RAWR RAWR I AM ANGRY AT ALL THINGS" side is just thinking the worst and that Mattel is just SITTING on these dolls and haven't sent them to stores yet (though... with any company I really do think that can be truth) and not just the fact they might have sent these to stores but stores still have a lot of back stock or something idk.... all I know is I'm terrified of walking into Walmart while grocery shopping and seeing a doll I want from this line on shelf ;o;

She is lovely! I feel the same way. I wonder if they're waiting to release the Scaris line for Black Friday?
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal