collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37727 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #945 on: October 13, 2012, 10:54:25 AM »
I would love to have the Cleo/Deuce 2-pack and all the great drama photos I could get with them and Rochelle :)  :devious:

But yes, TOTALLY picking up Scaris Deuce, even if he does turn out to be a two-timing little.....
ANYWAYS! I don't think Deuce would leave Cleo, though. It is just against the personality they've given him.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #946 on: October 13, 2012, 10:57:59 AM »
I would love to have the Cleo/Deuce 2-pack and all the great drama photos I could get with them and Rochelle :)  :devious:

But yes, TOTALLY picking up Scaris Deuce, even if he does turn out to be a two-timing little.....
ANYWAYS! I don't think Deuce would leave Cleo, though. It is just against the personality they've given him.

I agree, I think Duece is really committed to Cleo, and he sees the beauty in her personality when others may doubt it. They really are well suited for each other, I just wish I knew some back story on how they got together in the first place.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 13, 2012, 10:59:43 AM »
In stores I see Ghouls Rule Cleo and I guess what must be her rerelease? At TRU there are a ton of Cleo's and Skull Shores dolls.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #948 on: October 13, 2012, 11:15:31 AM »

I agree, I think Duece is really committed to Cleo, and he sees the beauty in her personality when others may doubt it. They really are well suited for each other, I just wish I knew some back story on how they got together in the first place.
I agree with wanting to know their backstory. He understands that most of what she does that seems out-of-the-norm comes from her family and her background. I think that's why I love Cleo so much, her character has depth and psychology behind it. She isn't just boy crazy or something like that. I can follow why she does most of what she does. She's kinda deep :)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #949 on: October 13, 2012, 11:20:45 AM »

I agree with wanting to know their backstory. He understands that most of what she does that seems out-of-the-norm comes from her family and her background. I think that's why I love Cleo so much, her character has depth and psychology behind it. She isn't just boy crazy or something like that. I can follow why she does most of what she does. She's kinda deep :)

I think thats what I liked about the ghouls rule special. It really showed that Duece understands her. she's constantly being made to feel inferior to her sister Nefera (Nefarious Nefera?) and her father puts a lot of pressure on her to be a leader and 'make him proud' and fit into his mold for her. I see much of her acting out as her frustration at being unable to make her own choices. It's why she craves attention so much, she wants people to look to her with admiration because she feels so inferior at home.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 13, 2012, 12:37:16 PM »
Thought I'd post a heads up that Angelic Dreamz is having a big Monster High sale this weekend and many of the dolls are now below suggested retail:
http://www.angelicdreamz.com/search.asp?keyword=monster+high&search.x=0&search.y=0

Am I seeing that right? a B&W Frankie for $3.99?

Yep. :) When she first hit Walmart she was about $4, though she was more difficult to find at that price. Shipping would factor in at about $8 more, which still isn't bad at $12, but if you're buying anything else it would be a nice doll to tag onto an order.

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #951 on: October 13, 2012, 02:59:40 PM »
so much here about Deuce and Cleo separating lol... Maybe its not something like that... It could be for some reason she has to stay behind. Maybe Nefera caused some trouble for her, making her miss her ride.. Or maybe something she cant leave behind, or just something like being grounded  :lol: stop worrying! Or even the break up... But hey, we will just have to wait and see! :P

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #952 on: October 13, 2012, 03:26:11 PM »
I need to catch up on the webisodes.

Guys, I feel really bad for not liking DDG Spectra.  :yikes:

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #953 on: October 13, 2012, 04:03:50 PM »
so much here about Deuce and Cleo separating lol... Maybe its not something like that... It could be for some reason she has to stay behind. Maybe Nefera caused some trouble for her, making her miss her ride.. Or maybe something she cant leave behind, or just something like being grounded  :lol: stop worrying! Or even the break up... But hey, we will just have to wait and see! :P

In regards to Cleo not being in the Scaris line maybe her and her family went to Egypt to visit relatives?

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #954 on: October 13, 2012, 05:39:04 PM »
I think the Scaris dolls should have included Cleo, Spectra and Lagoona. Maybe if the Scaris line does well enough they could do a second wave with them.
Agree forever! Those are three of my faves and they deserve awesome Scarisian outfits too!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 13, 2012, 05:50:54 PM »

I can't seem to get excited about the DDG singles.  I've seen them dozens of times, and can't force myself to buy them.  AND I BUY THEM ALL!  I dislike the sheer parts of the dresses, the huge dots, and the hairstyles aren't doing anything for me either.

I plan to buy a second set of dresses to alter.  Take the sheer stuff off. 

I bought the 3 pack in a heartbeat though :huh:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 13, 2012, 06:21:21 PM »
They've brought back 1600 Cupid. I was shocked to see her at WM this afternoon.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #957 on: October 13, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
I can't seem to get excited about the DDG singles.  I've seen them dozens of times, and can't force myself to buy them.  AND I BUY THEM ALL!  I dislike the sheer parts of the dresses, the huge dots, and the hairstyles aren't doing anything for me either.

I plan to buy a second set of dresses to alter.  Take the sheer stuff off. 

I bought the 3 pack in a heartbeat though :huh:

I like all of them except Spectra (I REALLY HATE the "chains" accessory across her torso and her face is way too white to me).

I actually love Operetta, like, a lot. I just find her DDG single so stunning. I love her hair, her dress, her beautiful white mask and being able to see the intricate scarring she has. Not to mention her totally awesome shoes and purse (and her miniature cosmetic coffin is so adorbs). She's probably my favorite doll right now. She's amazing. Lagoona's DDG shoes are also amazing. Her hair I find to be okay and her dress is pretty. Her purse is ugly, though. I really like her blue/pink color coordination going on. The 3-pack for $40 was, obviously, not to be passed up. Abbey. Omg. Just so drool-worthy.

They've brought back 1600 Cupid. I was shocked to see her at WM this afternoon.

I saw a ton of them at Walmart today, too. Wish they'd re-release Sig Cupid. I'd die happy.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 13, 2012, 06:29:50 PM »

I saw a ton of them at Walmart today, too. Wish they'd re-release Sig Cupid. I'd die happy.

Those I saw at TRU.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #959 on: October 13, 2012, 06:33:54 PM »
I passionately hated her outfit until I reworked it a bit, including cutting off that sheer stuff like Chi taught me. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal