collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Curse you Mattel!!! (two left limb frustration)  (Read 492 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Curse you Mattel!!! (two left limb frustration)
« on: September 11, 2012, 09:25:59 AM »
OK, I know I can't be the only one this has happened to, because it's now happened to me twice: I got 2 left feet in the Nocturnal add on pack, and previously I got 2 left hands in the Dragon and sea monster cam pack.

Now I understand production errors, but TWICE? It's very frusterating to be sooo excited to put your character doll together and open the pack, and THEN realize you have 2 left limbs.

Fortunately, Target and walmart are good about letting you return exchange these type things, but I didn't realize it either of the times it happened until I was home already and had op-ened the packs.
One things for sure, I will be studying ALL my Monster High purchases in store from now on, I mean, they're supposed to be unique but I really don't want Monsters with 2 left limbs...

Has this happened tto anyone else?

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Curse you Mattel!!! (two left limb frustration)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 09:36:24 AM »
Not yet yikes! I am annoyed with their CAM sets not coming with a complete doll. Why, oh why, are the unicorn/nocturnal sets not coming with upper arms and legs?

Bj-Lydia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 09:46:23 AM »
Untill now no, thank God!  :lookround:

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 11:35:26 AM »
one of my gargoyle boys has two of the same limbs. i got him third party so there is no chance of returns

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 01:46:16 PM »
Not yet yikes! I am annoyed with their CAM sets not coming with a complete doll. Why, oh why, are the unicorn/nocturnal sets not coming with upper arms and legs?
I know right? Fortunately I ordered 2 of the torso packs from Mattel's site, so I had spare Bee and ghost torsoes to use for the Nocturnal and Unicorn packs respectively, but I don't like having to make thier clothes cover up so much...
one of my gargoyle boys has two of the same limbs. i got him third party so there is no chance of returns
OMG!!! If I were you I would write a complaint letter to Mattel! I did right after I posted this thread ( in fact I used some of my text as template). Perhaps they'll send you the proper limb as replacement...

Sorry to say, but I am glad to hear I'm definitely not the only one~!

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 06:10:48 PM »
My Cat CaM has two right feet! The really weird thing, is that the stripes are still painted on the outside of both of them. So the stripes are in the correct place, but one of her feet is wrong. She's quite the little mutant. I also didn't notice until I'd already opened her up and was trying to assemble her. ^^; I was really confused for a few moments until I figured out what the problem was, and even then it took a minute to sink in.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 01:20:39 PM »
double post by mistake
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 04:51:14 PM by heftysmurf76 »

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 02:33:12 PM »
My Cat CaM has two right feet! The really weird thing, is that the stripes are still painted on the outside of both of them. So the stripes are in the correct place, but one of her feet is wrong. She's quite the little mutant. I also didn't notice until I'd already opened her up and was trying to assemble her. ^^; I was really confused for a few moments until I figured out what the problem was, and even then it took a minute to sink in.
wow! that IS interesting how the stripes were on the right side, it defineitly sounds like a true factory error issue then!

For anyone else that this has happened to, I encourage you to write to mattel. I emailed them and here's their response:

[
Quote from: Mattell
Topher, we're so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations.  Please accept our apology; our goal is to provide a positive experience for all our consumers.

Because we value your loyalty, we are sending a $10.00 voucher to use toward your next purchase.

We work hard to exceed consumer expectations, and we thank you for sharing your opinions with us.

Mattel Consumer Relations Team[/quote

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal