collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone never expect to get into ponies?  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone never expect to get into ponies?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 08:00:34 PM »
Definitely not  :P
I got in though Frienship is Magic. During the wait for season 3 I decided to go for the older generations
I love the toys and really am happy to get any generation I can get my hands on.  :lol:
That's the kinda Brony I wanna see more of!

FiM is what started it all, I wish I had gotten into ponies sooner, but alas, G4 design is my fav and while I like G1s variety, the pony designs themselves aren't quite perfect to me, I prefer G4, but I like the rest too. Though if not for G4, I'd not be a fan of the rest at all, G1s look too sad to me! It's depressing, at least they have nice colors.

:D
I'm actually waiting on a few g1's as we speak. 2 G1 blossoms (one came from ebay and one came in a lot I got for a really good deal on) and the 2 that came from the lot

Offline miss_skaife

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • 420/683 Only 263 Ponies to go!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 06:35:39 PM »
I had G1's as a child but all were lost over the years. As an adult I was rater excited when the G3's were released I started buying and storing them away for if one day I had a little girl to give them to. However I never really loved them like I did my G1's. A work friend one day bought me in her G1 dance and prance pony (DJ) she found in a box of stuff she was throwing out, and she told me I should look on ebay for more. I did and had soon found about 15 ponies that I remembered as a child - but I couldn't stop I soon collected the sets of those 15 and then began to buy large lots. my collection of G1's is now around 500, and luckily enough I have since had a little girl who is now 6 years old and she has all the g3's I collected.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2012, 06:36:08 AM »
I just never really thought about it! I had watched reruns of the cartoon as a kid and even had a few G1's, but like all my toys they eventually disappeared amd I grew out of toys. Then one day I wanted to see what all the fuss abour fim was and BAM! i was hooked. It made me think nack to the G1 days and I started researching it and ended up here where I lurled for lile three months. I find it kinda funny that after watching fim, the first thing I did was research G1's lol!

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2012, 07:09:05 AM »
I got into it an... Odd way.
I NEVER expected to ^^'

When FiM became popular, i didn't even see them as ponies. They looked pretty much like Pokemon to me, but i didn't mind. After a while i had gotten quite familiar with 'Bronies' and 'Ponies' thanks to people's forum signatures. However, it didn't matter to me.
Eventually, ponies where everywhere. The words 'My little pony' 'Brony' 'Friendship is magic' came to me daily. I was doomed to get interested. When i left the forum with ponies everywhere, i told myself 'If i come back, i'll love ponies' I'm not entirely sure what i meant, though. After another while i happened to visit TRU. I saw ponies. I knew i wanted them instantly! But, to buy them i had to let my mother know i liked ponies, so no. Then i started researching FiM, i actually knew the mane 6 inside and out before watching my first episode :P
After being a FiM fan for a while, i remembered toys... Then i remembered seeing some ponies in my attic a while back... I squealed when i found them. I wanted more, i needed more! And that's how i became a collector :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal