collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TINY PONY SWAP - SHIPPING TIME! :)  (Read 20635 times)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: TINY PONY SWAP - Sign ups CLOSED
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »
Added the answers to the questions to my first post on page two. This makes it easier for my partner to see as I post LOTS of posts a day so I'm just making your life easier :P
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2012, 01:45:04 AM »

Post Merge: September 10, 2012, 07:23:43 PM

Question Here..... :)
1.  I was just wondering..when you guys are making your wanted lists did you consider values of ponies or what we pay for the ponies?  Many ponies are way past the 15.00 limit and will cost a whole lot more than 15.00 to buy.  Are we supposed to go by the value of the pony with this swap or what we spend on the pony?  In most of my other swaps its value and not what we spend.  The thing is its really hard to find Dolly Mix now and a few other small items and I am not sure the value of these since some we don't have a guide for for any of the G3 line.  Any ideas? 

2.  Are we allowed to put ponies on our list that we know are going to cost way more than 15.00 a piece?  Or should we keep our list only those ponies which fit in the spending limit?

I really tried to consider these two things when I made my wanted list since this is a 15.00 swap.  As far as Petites go, I don't know their value either but most of them are not priced less than 9.00 usually.  Also if we don't have access to blind bags we may have to buy them on ebay which will cost three times what they cost in the stores.  I can find the blue bags, but I can't read the numbers on them so they really are blind bags for me lol. :cool:

Good questions, tulagirl!  The only other swap I've ever participated in (which is still going, in fact) is hathorcat's Make a Wish (List) Swap.  I'm guessing it's somewhere in the middle between value vs. actual price paid, but let's say we just happened to find Baby Princess Sparkle or Baby TAF Sugarberry at a charity shop or garage sale for mere pennies (don't we wish?!), I imagine we still wouldn't be allowed to include them in the box since there's such a HUGE discrepancy between value and price paid.  As for me, I kinda just copied and pasted my current wish list, grail ponies and all.  I will happily edit it down to ponies whose values don't give my partner a heart attack when he/she is assigned to me. ;)

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2012, 02:10:35 AM »
@Tulagirl

It's value that counts, not what you spend. :) and it's not a good idea to have an item on your list that's worth more than the swap budget because it's 99% likely you won't get that item and even though people generally overspend on swaps, it's only a requirement to spend the $15.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2012, 02:34:12 AM »
1. What do you think about themed boxes? Would you like one maybe a Fall/winter colored theme?
Themed boxes are really cute! Any theme!

2. What are some of your favorite colors?
Pink, purple and blue. Pastel rainbows.

3. Do you collect any other small objects?
Just the G1 merch and accessories really.

4. Any pets? Would you like any pet items included in your box? (sure it sounds weird, but always seems pets want to check out the boxes)
Nope, only a 14 year old budgie.

5. Is there anything you do NOT want in your box?
I am sure I will love whatever my partner chooses!!
I mean...I can think of plenty of things I would not want in there, but I am sure my partner would not include dead mice or snotty tissues...lol!

6. Would you be happy to receive a dolly mix or blind bag custom as an extra? If so, what character would be a fave?
If my partner is feeling creative, a custom of either G1 Moonstone or my original character Moonflower would be lovely - but not essential!

Post Merge: September 11, 2012, 02:47:33 AM

Post Merge: September 10, 2012, 07:23:43 PM

Question Here..... :)
1.  I was just wondering..when you guys are making your wanted lists did you consider values of ponies or what we pay for the ponies?  Many ponies are way past the 15.00 limit and will cost a whole lot more than 15.00 to buy.  Are we supposed to go by the value of the pony with this swap or what we spend on the pony?  In most of my other swaps its value and not what we spend.  The thing is its really hard to find Dolly Mix now and a few other small items and I am not sure the value of these since some we don't have a guide for for any of the G3 line.  Any ideas? 

2.  Are we allowed to put ponies on our list that we know are going to cost way more than 15.00 a piece?  Or should we keep our list only those ponies which fit in the spending limit?

I really tried to consider these two things when I made my wanted list since this is a 15.00 swap.  As far as Petites go, I don't know their value either but most of them are not priced less than 9.00 usually.  Also if we don't have access to blind bags we may have to buy them on ebay which will cost three times what they cost in the stores.  I can find the blue bags, but I can't read the numbers on them so they really are blind bags for me lol. :cool:

Good questions, tulagirl!  The only other swap I've ever participated in (which is still going, in fact) is hathorcat's Make a Wish (List) Swap.  I'm guessing it's somewhere in the middle between value vs. actual price paid, but let's say we just happened to find Baby Princess Sparkle or Baby TAF Sugarberry at a charity shop or garage sale for mere pennies (don't we wish?!), I imagine we still wouldn't be allowed to include them in the box since there's such a HUGE discrepancy between value and price paid.  As for me, I kinda just copied and pasted my current wish list, grail ponies and all.  I will happily edit it down to ponies whose values don't give my partner a heart attack when he/she is assigned to me. ;)

It is the value, not how much you spend - you might happen to already have a pony which is on your partner's wishlist. If there is anything you are uncertain of the value it might be worth doing a price check. It is best to try and list items which are within the spending limit.

$15 dollars is the minimum spending limit, which means you can include whatever you like in your partner's box as long as the value is $15 or more. It's not that you would not be allowed to include a Baby Princess Sparkle or a Baby TAF Sugarberry, but don't be disappointed if the box you receive in return is not worth as much (ie. $15).  Although people usually go over-budget, it is not a requirement.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 02:47:33 AM by moonflower »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2012, 07:01:41 AM »
@Tulagirl

It's value that counts, not what you spend. :) and it's not a good idea to have an item on your list that's worth more than the swap budget because it's 99% likely you won't get that item and even though people generally overspend on swaps, it's only a requirement to spend the $15.

Yes this is what I have always done with swaps.  With this one though its different because we have little things on our wanted lists that I am not certain of the value at all.  In the past I have always considered value being the most important rather than what I spend.  I agree its not a good idea to have higher end ponies on your wanted lists for small amount swaps.  I think the biggest reason for me not to include them is that if I have more of those than the value ponies people will really be stressed out trying to find ponies they can afford because there are so many expensive ones taking up space on the list.  If I put lots of ponies on my list that are in price range, they have an easier time shopping for me.    Small lists and lists with expensive ponies have stressed me out in the past and made the swap not so much fun at all.

Post Merge: September 11, 2012, 07:10:39 AM

As for me, I kinda just copied and pasted my current wish list, grail ponies and all.  I will happily edit it down to ponies whose values don't give my partner a heart attack when he/she is assigned to me. ;)

Yea just make sure you have lots of ponies on your list that are in the value of this swap.  I wasn't mentioning this to anyone specifically though...it was just a thought I had because, I didn't see this mentioned in the directions of the swap. ;)  Because lets say I do go shopping at the thrift for 1.00 and find Mimic or Baby Princess Sparkle or even Baby Crumpet...I am admitting ahead of time that I am selfish and fully intend on keeping them for myself. ROFLOL :lol:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 07:12:59 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2012, 10:19:09 AM »
1. What do you think about themed boxes? Would you like one maybe a Fall/winter colored theme?
Awesome idea! Any theme would be great, I usually come up with theme ideas as I'm shopping and see things, so if you think of one, Great!

2. What are some of your favorite colors?
Turquoise and purple (especially together!) pastels and rainbows

3. Do you collect any other small objects?
Strawberry Shortcake miniatures

4. Any pets? Would you like any pet items included in your box? (sure it sounds weird, but always seems pets want to check out the boxes)
Nope

5. Is there anything you do NOT want in your box?
I am sure I will love whatever my partner chooses!!
Not that I can think of, I'm cool with whatever!

6. Would you be happy to receive a dolly mix or blind bag custom as an extra? If so, what character would be a fave?
G1s! Any of them! The early years are my fave.
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2012, 10:33:57 AM »
 Would you be happy to receive a dolly mix or blind bag custom as an extra? If so, what character would be a fave?
Sure! Bowtie would be cool to get.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2012, 03:35:15 PM »
Got my partner!  Off to shop!!!  :frolic:

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
Re: TINY PONY SWAP - ASSIGNING PARTNERS
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2012, 03:37:15 PM »
we have about half of the partners assigned, and the rest will be sent out in a couple of hours! :)

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!! :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline ember86

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2012, 05:06:54 PM »
I can't wait to get mine!
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2012, 05:13:13 PM »
Well, I got my partner and I have to say I am thrilled!!!!!  Does anyone ever anticipate who your partner might be and then it ends up that person? LOL this is the first time I had my partner called before they were assigned.  It was just meant to be I guess and, I have a wonderful partner for this swap this is going to be super fun!!!!

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »
Woo! I'm excited and ready to shop. ;)
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline ember86

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2012, 05:37:34 PM »
Well, I got my partner and I have to say I am thrilled!!!!!  Does anyone ever anticipate who your partner might be and then it ends up that person? LOL this is the first time I had my partner called before they were assigned.  It was just meant to be I guess and, I have a wonderful partner for this swap this is going to be super fun!!!!

That happen to me too!
My etsy shop

Offline minercia

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Instagram ♥ @minerciadesign ♥
    • View Profile
    • minercia.com
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2012, 05:39:51 PM »
Yay you guys! I'm already looking for my partner's ponies, I'm soooo pumped!
I think the best deals are right here at the arena, the ponies are super nice & willing to negotiate price, keep that in mind :)

Will trade for Polly Pockets
ETSY SHOP

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2012, 05:42:14 PM »
Ah well being a newer member I don't know everyone just super well. I like getting different people though. I get a chance to know someone better. I suppose it's almost in a weird creepy way, since I get to know them by following their posts around to see the stuff they like. :lol:

Woo! Bidding on some ponies for the partner.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal