collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So I'm starting to like Monster High...  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
So I'm starting to like Monster High...
« on: September 07, 2012, 03:01:03 PM »
So after lurking on the Monster High threads here on the Arena, I decided to look into Monster High some more. I've read some of the characters' profiles and I'm currently watching the webisodes on their site. I'm not that far into it (only the second volume) but I'm starting to really like Frankie and Lagoona. I also like Rochelle because I think she is gorgeous as a doll. I think the whole concept of Monster High is really interesting and I think I would like to get a doll or two.

I figured I should ask everyone: who is your favorite character/doll and why?
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
Re: So I'm starting to like Monster High...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 03:07:42 PM »
Yay, another fan! :D

I have only been into MH for like 2 months so i'm kinda new too. I didn't like them before then, but when i started watching the webisodes, i totally began to like it! :) The caracters are so cool, now i'm very excited about them all! I especially liked the movies 'Escape from Skull Shore' and 'Why do ghouls fall in love?'

Cleo is my absolut favorite. She's beautiful and kinda bitchy sometimes. Just makes me chuckle  :haha: In a weird way i see myself in her.

Abbey is absolute runner up, she's so fun. Her accent! Genius!

Those two are definitely my very favorites. By the way, i'm sad there is no Michelle in the episode/movies :( i want to know her some more..

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 03:11:51 PM »
I haven't read any of the stories or seen the webisodes but I like Rochelle and the CAM dragon girl. I think the coloring on Rochelle looks really cool and her face is very sweet and I've always like Gargoyles and Dragons.

Here's a few pics of my dragon girl Ruby cause I like to show her off
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 03:32:29 PM »
Wow, Ruby is beautiful! Did you reroot her?

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

plague

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »
I really like Spectra's dolls. She was the first MH doll I fell in love with. (without seeing the webisodes first)

Guess I'm partial to her color palette, mostly..  She's just a really aesthetically pleasing doll in general.

Offline Summer-blade

• View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 03:36:47 PM »
Wow, Ruby is beautiful! Did you reroot her?

thank you! and it's a wig I made turned out be a lot easier than I thought 

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 03:55:58 PM »
Yay and welcome PiexLover!

My fave is Rochelle (as if that wasn't obvious...  :biggrin:) She's just my type with the pink hair, the black and white stripes, the gargoyle-ness... lol. I also really love Spectra.

Wishing you happy hunting for your first dolls!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 04:39:08 PM »
me and my bf have just started to like it too :) we havent watched the websodes but the dolls intrege us we hope we can pick up our fist one soon and we really want the cam dragon and jinfire long when she comes out in january

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
My favorite character is Ghoulia!  I just love her - but then again, she's exactly like me XD

My favorite doll is Howleen though, even if Ghoulia is my favorite character. In fact, I don't even own her.. Tor is another favorite that I dn't have.

I also suggest the CaM dolls! They're a ton of fun!
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 06:57:11 PM »
Well, I'm not gonna lie, Operetta was the one who got me interested in MH. Flaming red hair, in victory rolls? I'm in. I've wanted to have that fire engine red hair for years, (like literally YEARS...Pretty much since The Little Mermaid came out when I was 5) I'm just too much of a chicken to actually do it.

Once I started watching the webisodes, she kind of turned me off...that accent is HORRID. :/

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 07:04:54 PM »
Guys! We've got another one!  :lol:

Anyway, I love, love, love Abbey's character. She's so blunt and hilarious without even trying. Draculaura is a close second because she reminds me of Pinkie Pie, and is my favorite doll of all time. I want practically all of her versions and I only want the signatures of other characters.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 08:45:15 PM »
I am the same way...I just got into them within the last 2 weeks and already have over 10 in my collection (some on the way).  What got me interested at first was seeing Nefera in Target a few months ago and really liking her, but I didn't want to start a new collection so I pushed her from my mind.  Well, then recently I started looking at people's pictures of them on here and started liking them because they are so different and remind of me of Halloween.  The final hook, line and sinker for me was going to Walmart to see what they had and finding the Ghouls Rule set that are more based on fashions of classic Halloween monsters.  It was all over for me.  I picked out Abbey unexpectedly as I think she is so pretty with her colors.  I was really expecting to pick Draculaura because I love vampires or Cleo because I like the way her and Nefera look.  Now I have quite a few and am debating on a few more. 

I don't have a favorite character yet as I have not been able to check out the webisodes.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 08:50:03 PM »
I just finished watching volume 2 of the webisodes and Abbey has become another favorite of mine. Not a fan of Operetta or Nefera. I wish they had more episodes with Abbey and Spectra. Well, onto volume 3!
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »
I think I would like to get a doll or two.

:lmao: ahhhh, those were the days... a few months ago. Monster High dolls are like Pringles, you can't have just one. Or maybe just I can't.

15 dolls later...

I actually saw the pilot show on TV years ago and thought it was adorable. I didn't even own a pony then. I got into customizing ponies, then the Arena, then the doll forums, and I saw Skull Shores (SS) Frankies on sale for $4.19 each and grabbed a bunch. Started customizing one, started making clothes for a friend, watching ANTM and got hooked somehow...

My favorites on the show are Ghoulia and Frankie. I feel a lot like Frankie in that I'm socially awkward but enthusiastic. I love how Ghoulia is so smart and it's funny how the other characters know what she means when she moans. I LOVE Operetta's styling too, HATE the old lady who does her voice. Also HATE HATE HATE Holt's. In the dolls I love the CAMS so much! I love making my own characters. And I love Spectra (don't have her yet though) because I think she's lovely but I also just love ghosts in general. Thanks to NoDivision I am in love with my new skeleton girl and I love my witch too. I think I will love my boys once I get them customized.

Welcome to the fun!

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 09:01:05 PM »
My favorite doll is not my favorite character. So, two answers.

Doll: Clawdeen - I just LOVE her style and releases and I <3 Werewolves for years, n years.

Character: Gotta say Abbey. It probably would have been Lagoona but she does some silly crap when it comes to how she lets Gil treat her that seem out of step of with the rest her character but Abbey is Abbey through and through.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal