collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which pony best fits the assignment?

Sarahlacewing
2 (2.3%)
Gotbunny
17 (19.3%)
Ambar_Jul
37 (42%)
Saja
13 (14.8%)
assassin_kitty
13 (14.8%)
tsukikakushi
2 (2.3%)
Kalavista
4 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: September 07, 2012, 09:35:29 PM

Author Topic: TOP CUSTOMIZER ROUND 3- VOTING NOW- TWO DAYS ONLY!!  (Read 857 times)

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
TOP CUSTOMIZER ROUND 3- VOTING NOW- TWO DAYS ONLY!!
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:35:29 PM »
Well, looks like we won't be voting anyone out this week again. We're missing one pony, so folks, just vote on the pony you feel best fits the description, next round's assignment will be posted tomorrow.

Assignment Three-

In each of your forms, you were asked what colors and gen. ponies you liked the least. This assignment asks that you choose one or the other and make that the main focus of your custom. You can choose either the color or the generation (both works too, IF you want to- not required). If you choose to stay in your preferred generation, I'd ask that you try a pose you don't like. By choosing a color, it has to be the main focus- it can't just be incorporating a little of it in the eye color or the symbol. To go further- if you have mainly straight hairstyles, I want you to try curls, vice-verse. Do things that you normally don't do and that you are not known for. I want to look at your custom and not instantly recognize it as a "name here" custom. Sometimes trying new things and working with mediums we don't always care for, we can still create something that we will love. :) You have until Wednesday, September 5th midnight EST to turn in your entry. Good luck and have fun!

please include a short paragraph explaining what you did and why.

Just as a reminder- here is your answers from the form:

Sarahlacewing- orange/pastels OR G4’s 

Tsukikakushi- Pink or G4’s

Kala- Brown/Green/Orange or G2/G1

Saja- Browns/Blondes/light colors OR  G2

Gotbunny- pink/yellow or  G3.5

Murbella64- pink or  G4

Ambar_Jul- purple  or G2/G4/G3.5

Assassin_Kitty- orange or  G2

#1 Sarahlacewing

"Hello little tiny thing, what in the world are you?"
"Quack."
"Hello Quack, I am Orange Rose. You can call me Ora."
"Quack."
"I love you too."

For this assignment we were challenged to use our least favorite baits/colors/styles/etc and make them something off the wall and lovely.  I chose to go way outside my comfort zone and tackle a G4 bait (neck plugs and tiny heads are tough for me), accentuated with orange (least favorite color and difficult to paint, and a play bow repose (least favorite pose).  I made her symbol a rose because they are my favorite scent and my favorite flower.  And I curled the hair but teased it up a bit because I have messy curls and it has always been something I love and hate about myself.  So she is a mix of things I love and things I don't. Thank you for taking the time to view, read, and vote.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

#2 GotBunny

Pink Frost is a loving little dragon from the Alps.
She started out as a G3.5 Pinky Pie the two things that haunt my sleep. The dreaded G3.5's and Pinky Pie who will not go away, she just keep multiplying :scared:. I could not for the life of me see her as a pony in any form so just started laying down clay hair and scales and Pink Frost was created.
Her horns, hair and scales are apoxie sculpt. First time on making cloven hooves.
She has been Airbrushed in Yellow and Pink two colors I despise. Yellow for being hard to paint with, and pink ..... well it is  just pink.  Besides the black and white on her eyes everything else is some shade of pink or yellow.
I tried something new,  I used Rabbit fur (  Fuzzy lop wool for those who know bunnies) for her hair. Fluffy and very soft.
Nothing like adding a little warmth to the frozen Alps.

#3 Ambar_Jul

Her name is Puke-rple.....well i hate purple to dieeeeeeeeee for the eternity!!! :drunk: she was made on a bbe baby sundance bait, the only way to make a bbe cute, is covering with apoxy!!! lol
she is my first pixy dragon, and i hope not the last :lovey:

#4 Saja

Linkin Llama. I decided to test myself and use both my dislikes, G2 bait, and Browns.
First thought was to make a giraffe, but Ive seen that done so perfectly before, I wanted to make something else. My son looked at the bait, and said, is that a Llama mum, I said not yet! So there was my idea. Llamas come in all shades and patterns, as well as wool types. So Linkin Llama is a long woolled llama, and he needs shearing every year! I decided to leave the gems in the eyes, as theres nothing else left of the bait to show it was once a g2. Seeing I dislike them so much, I wanted a reminder that they can become something beautiful, and I dont think I dislike browns so much now either! Great assignment, I thoroughly enjoyed the task!
Cheers Saja

#5 Assassin_Kitty

Kiyomi the Koi Merpony - for this challenge my choices were to use a G2 or make an orange custom and as I have no G2's in my bait box it had to be orange, ugh! This custom is unlike any merpony I have ever made this is the first time I have sculpted the fins as I normally make them out of fantasy film. Rather than the normal round scales that I sculpt I tried a new technique and the scales are tiny but i think they look great! I started out this challenge hating orange but I think this custom has changed my opinion, I think I may actually love orange customs now!

#6 tsukikakushi

Pink & girly is not my usual, so I figured what the heck. Lets do some other stuff I don't ever do! So she has a dress sculpted in apoxie, with the under layer & bow accents in satin ribbon. Those ruffles were a first for me (and a pain!). Painted in  pink acrylics (so many layers, never again...), & oil pastel for her blush. She was rehaired in Dollyhair mystic plum-pink, peaches & cream, mystic pink-white, & given boil perm curls. Unfortunatly I put her tail in after painting & sealing, so I was afraid of pouring boiling water down her backside. And I really had a hard time photographing the thermal hair, so I had to stick her in the freezer & try to get a quick pic. She was sitting on top of my cat carrier for that one. All in all, I'm pretty happy with her. Though if she'll make me pine for pink & frilly things; we'll see ;)

#7 Kalavista

I'm not a huge fan of brown, although I have this glorious bronze paint by Golden; and while I love G2's in general, I'm not usually too keen on customizing them. I have a tendency to bust open their plug lines!!
So, using the lovely Retro Dolls US synthetic blend Savannah, I created this pony forcing myself to try and highlight what a great color brown can be. I figured I couldn't go wrong with swirls and a pretty updo with gold chain accents.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:02:25 AM by enchantress41580 »

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: TOP CUSTOMIZER ROUND 3- VOTING NOW- TWO DAYS ONLY!!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:44:11 PM »
Awesome, love them all, but voted for Ambar_jul, are ya gonna sell that pixie dragon? I want him!! He is sooo cute!!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:08:32 PM »
WOW! A very tough vote. There are some AMAZING ponies here, I have no earthly idea how you guys get these done so fast o_o

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 10:20:15 PM »
GAHHHHHH I WANT PINK FROST!!!!!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 11:07:38 PM »
Pink frost is the cutest G3.5 ive ever seen!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 11:40:44 PM »
Girls it's so hard to give the vote to only one, you all made such gorgeous customs!

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 12:08:47 AM »
I want Pink Frost and Puke-rple they are both amazing x

Offline assassin_kitty

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 02:10:20 AM »
Agghhh Ambar_Jul Puke-rple is sooooo cute!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 07:22:55 AM »
Holy cow, Jul, is that a pony? A BBE PONY?! :faint:  It's the most adorable pixie dragon I've ever seen! And I don't even mind the colour! :P

A_K, your mermaid is to die for! And I don't even care that much for merponies, with a few exceptions - this definitely being one. I love the sculpted tail and her colours! I'd welcome her to my collection anytime!

Sarahlacewing, great job on the repose! I know what you mean by that pose, it's so unnatural for equines it throws me off, too. But the repose is skilfully done and I really like her colours, she's like a bolder version of Ditzy.

Gotbunny, great job turning something as ugly as the G3.5s into something this adorable! The colours look delicious and the bunny hair must be amazingly soft to touch. :heart:

Saja, your llama is so cute! I love llamas and a G2 pony makes a great base for a llama custom. I love the picture from behind, the curve of the neck makes it look very lifelike and the tail and the flowy coat add to the feeling of motion.

Tsukikakushi, I love how you took the pink & girly theme to the extreme! The dress is very pretty and those curls are gorgeous!

Kala; oooh that hair! Do you feel your opinion changing yet? Now, repeat after me: Brown is the most amazing colour ever. Brown is the most amazing... :lol: Your delicate and crisp swirls never cease to amaze me! 

Fantastic ponies, everyone! You really challenged yourselves! I love to see that every colour has its place, just as every bait has its purpose and can be turned into something pretty.

// And I have no idea who to vote for! This is one tought competition! 

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 08:18:57 AM »

#1 Sarahlacewing

"Hello little tiny thing, what in the world are you?"
"Quack."
"Hello Quack, I am Orange Rose. You can call me Ora."
"Quack."
"I love you too."

^ This.  :heart:

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 09:11:47 AM »
That pixi dragon is AMAZING and definitely a great way to get rid of those baity BBEs.

I also have to give props to the lama. Very creative idea as well and it took me a while to figure out exactly what type of pony it was made from. It's got the cutest nose, too.

Everyone did a great job.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 09:28:28 AM »
I LOVE Puke-urple! How cute is he?

Also, Saja, I love that llama. I have always wanted to make a llama, and the g2 works so well!

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 10:35:08 AM »
Kala; oooh that hair! Do you feel your opinion changing yet? Now, repeat after me: Brown is the most amazing colour ever. Brown is the most amazing... :lol: Your delicate and crisp swirls never cease to amaze me!

Brown is the most amazing color ever ... brown is the most amazing color ever ...
TY for your kind words to everyone!! :heart:

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 11:16:30 AM »
Oo these all came out really well! Assassin_Kitty I think yours is my fav this week. :)

Also thanks for the comments everyone! Reposes *shudder* I am still feeling  :yucky: about her.  LOL! But it was a good assignment.  I promise I will not bellyache at all during the next assignment.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 12:53:50 PM »
WOW! A very tough vote. There are some AMAZING ponies here, I have no earthly idea how you guys get these done so fast o_o

This ^^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal