collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: could someone explain to me how to remove my ponies head..lol  (Read 560 times)

anna4810

• Trade Count: (0)
could someone explain to me how to remove my ponies head..lol
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »
sounds funny hehe i have a round n round pony id like to use as my first bait pony as im not really to keen on her anyhow id like to remove her head to then take out out her hair and tail any help would be great thanks

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:08:34 AM by anna4810 »

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: could someone explain to me how to remove my ponies head..lol
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 11:07:08 AM »
No clue what a round n round pony is, but here is a bump :)

anna4810

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 11:09:13 AM »
No clue what a round n round pony is, but here is a bump :)

sorry was just the name of the pony im not sure what gen she is ive uploaded a pic now :)

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:57:48 AM »
I prefer to just twist and pull and work a pony's head off with my hands and a blunt instrument like a butter knife. Sometimes a little acetone or jasco around the neck helps loosen the glue because G3's have a lot of it. You picked a pose that can be quite hard on the hands to pull off. Some people just slice off the heads with an xacto knife and then glue them on when the customizing is done. This is much easier but than you may have blade marks in the neckline and you won't have a head that pops on and off without glue.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 12:07:44 PM »
That head looks glued on pretty well.  If pulling doesn't work then you can try to loosen up the glue with acetone or boiling it in water.  If that doesn't work I agree carefully separating the head from the neck with an exacto knife is the way to go.  If you accidentally destroy the plug in the middle you can always glue the head back on.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

lisey_baby

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 03:26:15 PM »
That head looks glued on pretty well.  If pulling doesn't work then you can try to loosen up the glue with acetone or boiling it in water.  If that doesn't work I agree carefully separating the head from the neck with an exacto knife is the way to go.  If you accidentally destroy the plug in the middle you can always glue the head back on.

Agreed, I normally get my husband to start working on breaking the glue by hand and then if it needs help, then I gently use a scalpel to cut through the glue :D

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 04:34:51 PM »
I agree that that particular pose is prone to glue-overload, and for some reason, the G3 glue around the neck seems to sometimes even melt the plastic together.  I can probably count on one hand the number of G3s I've been able to pull apart on the first try.  You might find it easier, if you don't want to try to slice the entire thing off, to kind of perforate the seam with and exacto knive.  Just a little dotted line *should* be able to do, and it's easier to keep a broken line straight in this sense than an all-out cutting of it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal