collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Bed stuff?  (Read 4623 times)

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
My Little Pony Bed stuff?
« on: September 04, 2012, 09:44:16 PM »
Don't laugh at me...  :blush:

I'm thinking of doing my bed in My Little Pony. It's a full size futon.. Yes I'm 21 lol.. But I just really need new bed stuff and really want to do My Little Pony. Has anyone done this? Can anyone recommend me a good set that comes in full size?

Pictures please!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

RetroMimic

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: My Little Pony Bed stuff?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 09:45:24 PM »
hmm well I cannot give you any pics but when I was younger I tracked down a fullsize carebears bed set for me:), my advice ebay and amazon:)

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 09:47:31 PM »
hmm well I cannot give you any pics but when I was younger I tracked down a fullsize carebears bed set for me:), my advice ebay and amazon:)

Funny you should mention care bears! When I was a tween I had care bear.. EVERYTHING including bed stuff. It got ruined though when I was injured by a lava lamp that fell on my head.. long story.. lol

I've never bought bedding off Ebay before.. I suppose it's worth a shot. *goes to look*

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 09:49:21 PM »
I have a G4 MLP comforter, a G3 pillowcase, and a G3 quilt that my grandma made me, all on my bed :) I'm 24 and I'm one of the cool kids ;)

My bed is a futon too but I'm not sure what size it is...and I don't know if any of the MLP stuff comes in different sizes anyway...but good luck with your endeavor! I'm sure your bed will look lovely once it's all decked out, lol.

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

RetroMimic

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 09:52:06 PM »
Yea the walmart stores only carried it in twin and not the fullsize my mom found it and yea I still have all my bears in storage im 28 and as soon as I get my place they will be set out, you do not &*^% with my bears lol and my ponies:)

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 09:53:36 PM »
The only thing so far I found that I know for sure I want is the Twilight Sparkle pillow buddy thing. So cute! I hope MLP bed stuff comes in full. I checked JC Penny but nothing on there. Bummer.. my grandma always gets me a JCP gift card every Christmas.  :(

Walmart has a comforter that comes in full but I'm worried it might be too small. I'm going to check ebay and amazon but am worried amazon will be pricey. I wonder if Kmart has something in store..

I still have all my care bear stuffed animals! They're on the top twin bunk of my futon. It's a weird futon lol.. I miss my bed stuff. It was blue!

TwilightTrixie

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 09:54:59 PM »
You can search "My Little Pony bedding full set" on eBay to find a nice set (though pricey) in full size, or you can search "Heart to Heart" to find the set elsewhere.    (It comes in both full and twin size, so be cautious.)  I have just the comforter (people sell just the comforter as well as sets), and it's quite lovely.  :)

Oh, and it's not the best of reference, but my bed is queen-sized, and the comforter completely spread out will just cover it edge to edge.  (I didn't expect the comforter to cover it entirely, just noting that full is certainly smaller than queen.)  I think most listings for it should include the size in inches, so you should be able to measure your futon and find something in the right size. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:58:56 PM by TwilightTrixie »

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 09:59:50 PM »
i have the twilight sparkle adn celstia  twin  blanket thingy.  it is  quite large. and very warm.  it  came from targer.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 10:04:14 PM »
The Heart to Heart comforter might be for me then! If it fits a queen it'll fit my futon for sure. I'd have to hunt down pillow cases for it though. At least I can get my own sheets that don't have to be MLP. Thanks for the help!  :biggrin:

TwilightTrixie

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »
Oh, right the microplush blankets.  I have the one Lorelei mentioned above, as well as a smaller one.  There's one that's 50inx60in, as well as one that is 62inx90in, which is smaller than the comforter I mentioned above.  Found them both at Target.  They both have Celestia and Twilight, but the designs are slightly different. I'd really recommend the larger one; it's really soft and warm :D

Post Merge: September 04, 2012, 10:07:16 PM

The Heart to Heart comforter might be for me then! If it fits a queen it'll fit my futon for sure. I'd have to hunt down pillow cases for it though. At least I can get my own sheets that don't have to be MLP. Thanks for the help!  :biggrin:

Well, note that it doesn't hang over the edges of a queen.  I'll go take a picture :)

Okay, here we go (sorry for the mess, and sorry for the poor lighting; I don't keep bright light bulbs in the bedroom  :blush:):

You can see the comforter only just reaches the edges of the queen-sized mattress.

Here is the larger blanket I mentioned above spread over the comforter with some plushes/pillows on top.

Hope that helps :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:21:14 PM by TwilightTrixie »

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 10:22:50 PM »
I wish it came in queen size!!

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 11:01:31 PM »
Oh, right the microplush blankets.  I have the one Lorelei mentioned above, as well as a smaller one.  There's one that's 50inx60in, as well as one that is 62inx90in, which is smaller than the comforter I mentioned above.  Found them both at Target.  They both have Celestia and Twilight, but the designs are slightly different. I'd really recommend the larger one; it's really soft and warm :D

Post Merge: September 04, 2012, 10:07:16 PM

Well, note that it doesn't hang over the edges of a queen.  I'll go take a picture :)

Okay, here we go (sorry for the mess, and sorry for the poor lighting; I don't keep bright light bulbs in the bedroom  :blush:):

You can see the comforter only just reaches the edges of the queen-sized mattress.

Here is the larger blanket I mentioned above spread over the comforter with some plushes/pillows on top.

Hope that helps :)

It does look good sized! I'm just happy it has Twilight Sparkle on it. I absolutely love her design. She's so cute <3 Thanks for the pics! I so need this. I should tell my mom I want it.. maybe she'll buy it. :P I mean what mother of a 21 year old toy obsessed girl wouldn't want to get her new bed stuff?  :biggrin:

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 11:54:36 PM »
I actually found some bed sheets when I visited a thrift store. You might have some ponyluck there... Otherwise I'd try and get some sheets and comforters from target or walmart if they carry them. 
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 11:58:48 PM »
They don't sell mlp bedding in Canada and it's bulky to ship here unless I want to pay through the roof ;.; But, I sweat really bad anyways and would probably ruin it. I have to get a new comforter every year, ick.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 01:26:45 AM »
I am surprised they come in more than single size but thats great that there are other options. I hope you can track them down to pony-fy your bed :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal