collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Saw Pony Royales in person..  (Read 1732 times)

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
Saw Pony Royales in person..
« on: September 04, 2012, 08:53:03 PM »
I remember a while back there was a thread mentioning these ponies. Well, I know they're not MLP but I consider them 'fakies' since they sit right next to them in the stores lol. There's nothing wrong with fakies, but for other Pony collectors who like other pony things, I figured I'd let out some info.

Anyway, I was at Meijers and the retail price was 14.99. To me that is incredibly expensive. The packaging of the ponies are absolutely adorable but the ponies themselves are quite small and look to be made of cheap plastic. A lot of them had flaws including paint rubs, stains on their faces and badly packaged to the back card.

They were all there, I think anyway. I thought about buying one but think a price like 7.99 would be more fitting and that's still pushing it. They have their interchangeable hair but still.. that's a big price for a small plastic pony, especially sitting next to five dollar MLPs.

I don't have any pictures but thought I'd share that they're out there. Anyone collecting these? I was planning on getting one.. and am really unsure about it now. 15 bucks just seems steep.. and I would leave it in it's package anyway. Maybe I should put my birthstone one on my Christmas list.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Saw Pony Royales in person..
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 09:58:29 PM »
Oh I agree! I think it's a cute idea, to have a pony toy with interchangeable hair--they even sell different mane/tail sets in separate packages... kinda like build-a-bear, where you can buy more accessories for your Pony Royale each time you visit the toy store! (Man I wish Hasbro would take a page from this book and do some stuff like that for MLP!)

But, as you've said, the price is just rediculous. Thankfully I don't like the mold (something about the long face and weird eyes) so I'm not tempted to buy them lol.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:02:48 PM »
You know something though? Call me weird but I liked the face lol. I thought it was cute and different. Still can't justify that crazy price though!  :shocked:

Maybe when they're on clearance I'll snag me one.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 12:09:02 AM »
I am getting a Pony Royale Carousel to be used specially as a back drop for Rarity! That carousel is way nicer than Raritys own carousel boutique, and seems a hay lot more convenient.

Im not particularly fond of the horses from pony royale, they are sorta cute but I cant seem to get over that they got a broken hoof.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 01:20:50 AM »
I only collect MLP, honestly dont have any kind of desire [or space lol :P] for any other kind of pony! But thats great that you spotted them in person :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sakuyamon

• artist for hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 04:58:37 AM »
Sorry to bump a slightly old topic but I recently got the Pony Royale Carousel and a pony along with it so I can review it!^^ Ill start with the horse, Harmony, which came with the Carousel. It's made out of hard plastic, I cant say weather its cheap or not since I dont got much knowledge of plastics..but Im fairly sure I have owned horses made in this sort of plastic before...
As I mentioned in my previous comment in this topic, the horses are not quite anatomically correct, the lifted hoof is bent the wrong way, but I assume that its because they are supposed to be able to wear jewelry there (there was no such jewelry that came with mine but I have seen the loose horses have them). The front legs are also slightly bent inward so it looks a tad odd from the front but it is hardly notice able from the side. Hind legs look ok.
The heads are very elegant looking, the only thing that bothers me are the muzzles, its extended far more than it need to be, if it had been rounded more it would have looked much more elegant. The heads can move around a bit which I think is a neat feature (but the neck looks a tad wrong). The gem thats placed on the foreheads looks like they can fall out easily but I think its a cute feature (sorta like G2 MLPs eye gems).

The accessories are quite detailed and very pretty. the fabrics have a lot of glitter on it but it will loose the glitter if handled roughly...I barely took off them and put them on again, very carefully, and I still ended up with a little glitter on my hands... I recommend, if you want to keep the glitter on, store the items securely and dont touch them unnecessarily. 

The hair. The hair is very nice, it resembles MLP hair quite a bit, wouldnt surprice me if it is from the same manufacturer. Its quite fun to be able to switch the hair.Only thing that is bothersome is how they packaged the hair...they used both the plastic pieces that used to be on some MLPs hair and miniature plastic pigs....You know, the kind they use to stick price tags to clothes. the  packaging over all was almost too secure! I dont know how they expect children to be able to open those without accidentally destroying something...

anyway, I also got a pack of extra hair  for free when I bought this carousel and I believe they just chose a pack at random as the hair i got was the same pink hair that was in the carousel, the only difference was that it have tinsel...Oh lord I think this is the worst part of the whole toy series. I normally like tinsel, but the tinsel they used for this is odd....instead of the plastic stuff MLP gets in their manes, this is actually threads made with tinsel woven into it. It frays easily and it's messy! Mine curls itself quite a bit and it do not follow the hair of the pony. So next time you curse hasbro for MLPs tinsel, remember Pony Royales tinsel!

Ok, now for the carousel itself. This is the best part! The carousel is incredibly detailed, it's beating Raritys Carousel and the Wedding castle set ( I dont have Raritys Carousel but I do got the wedding castle)  and although Pony Royale dont really got anything to do with FIM, I cant help but to feel like PRs Carousel is closer to Raritys Carousel Boutique  than the one Hasbro made themselves! Sure it dont got any fancy mechanics but it have things that make up for it. Its easy to open and fold so it dont take a lot of space and can easily pass for a fancy decoration when its folded. It have a space in its roof where you can store small things...Actually the whole carousel is a bout storing accessories! It have bares for saddles and plugs for small crowns and brushes and other things that follow with the horses. it even have a "path" around the roof where you can place things both during play and display, I actually put the G4 MLP's Pets there! Looks really cute!

Even thought I'm a bit indifferent to the horses of Pony Royale, I can honestly say I love the carousel and I do recommend it!^_^

(ps.If you got some Pony Royale accessories that you dont want, Id love to take them of your hands. I wanna fill my Carousel^_^; )
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:00:35 AM by Sakuyamon »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 08:47:54 AM »
Any one have pictures?  They sound interesting...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 08:56:41 AM »
I only collect MLP, honestly dont have any kind of desire [or space lol :P] for any other kind of pony! But thats great that you spotted them in person :)

I feel the same way. That carousel closet would be nice for Rarity though. I does seem closer to her boutique than the Carousel that was made for her! XD

I found a little youtube review here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WiJkWJNn40

Offline Sakuyamon

• artist for hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 09:48:26 AM »
Any one have pictures?  They sound interesting...

Here is a clip about the horses as well as the carousel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkq6Ln9RpJo

Here is the official site: http://www.ponyroyaleworld.com/

For all other pics and photos, there is google XD

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 09:52:26 AM »
i spotted them yesterday and debating getting one..  with the buy2 get 1 from TRU but  decided agasint it.  they are  quite pretty and remind me a bit of the Fashion star fillys.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 09:54:51 AM »
I kinda like them. The price is a bit much but it's hard not to love the detail on these.

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 09:55:06 AM »
I never seen them in person only some accessories and empty space on a shelf. I would not mind seeing what they look like in person but I have no room for them so I probably would pass on buying any.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 11:08:57 AM »
yeah they erent big enough for me to justify  spening the 15.00 for htem. when you can get   a bunch of mlp stuff for that price

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »
If only they didn't have that awkwardly bent hoof, and were all in the same pose, I would be interested. They remind me of Fashion Star Fillies. :)

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal