collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about E-bay Seller?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
Question about E-bay Seller?
« on: September 03, 2012, 11:36:31 PM »
I hope this is ok because this seller is listed by name in lovesbabysquirmy's bad trader list, but if not, mods please help me edit to comply.

I have seen several posts in topics lately, here and at the TP, about e-bay sellers who leave a lot of styling product in a pony's hair and how over time it can be bad for the pony's hair. I am getting the impression that they are all talking about the same seller without naming names.

I need to please know if it is lisa0994? She is listed on the Bad Trader List on "items not as described." I bought a lot of G3's from her when I was trying to collect the majority of them, because she started most of her auctions at realistic prices and let me combine on shipping for lots of like 15 ponies that I won individually and her ponies had been washed and cleaned and were nicely presented, unlike a lot of ponies on e-bay where the seller has not even attempted to brush the hair or get the major dirt/grime off, leaving it on the buyer to clean. So I appreciate that.

Let me also say that I NEVER had problems with her. I could tell sometimes the pony's hair was still a little damp and had conditioner in it, but no big deal, I'll just let it dry for a while before I put it away.

This becomes important because due to circumstances unforeseen at the time, all my G3's are in bins and I have not washed and styled them, because why do it if they are going to have to be in bins again anyway? So like I said, if she is the one who is known to leave potentially hair-damaging styling product in a pony's hair, I need to dig through my bins and at least rinse all their hair, even if they cannot be styled until much later when I settle wherever I'm going.

I feel bad bringing this here if she IS not this person, because I have not contacted her to ask about it, but several of the posts said that this person was asked if she left product in the hair, denied it, and then was obvious to more experienced pony restorers and stylists (of which I am not). So if it's not her, a simple "no" will be fine and I will not worry any more.

Thanks in advance!
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Question about E-bay Seller?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 04:44:02 AM »
I am honestly not sure if she is the one in question.  I personally have never bought from her to know for sure though.

I know several years ago dot100dogs was thought to have used product in their hair.  And she recently, I believe started selling under another ID.  I will have to go dig and see what the new ID is. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:13:38 AM »
Dot100Dogs had changed her Ebay ID to l11111y and now recently to poniesandpetals.  I don't know if she is also this lisa0994.

I wouldn't doubt that other sellers wash the hair and condition it and don't leave proper drying time, but that's why we encourage people to leave honest feedback and if there are issues, to report the seller's behavior here.  :D 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 10:53:57 AM »
Dot100Dogs had changed her Ebay ID to l11111y and now recently to poniesandpetals.  I don't know if she is also this lisa0994.

I wouldn't doubt that other sellers wash the hair and condition it and don't leave proper drying time, but that's why we encourage people to leave honest feedback and if there are issues, to report the seller's behavior here.  :D 

I don't think the two are the same. lisa0994 sells mostly G3's and has only recently started listing G1's. She also doesn't "style" the hair like poniesandpetals, only washes and conditions it (which like I said is a good thing, provided it is only shampoo and conditioner in the hair) and wraps it around the legs so it does not get tangled in shipping.

I just did not know why she was on your trader list and got a little concerned when I saw that plus people talking about an e-bay seller that leaves damaging product in hair. BTW, thanks for keeping that up,  it's very helpful.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 11:46:25 AM »
lisa0994 is horrible to deal with. her ponies are never as described and often in worse condition than she shows or describes.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 12:56:02 PM »
I don't think the seller that people are talking about is lisa0994. If you read more on the old Arena the issues with her are just that ponies are not as good as described and really bad to deal with if you did end up with a dispute or complaint about what you had won.  Dot100Dogs (now poniesandpetals) was one who was notorious for using styling products on ponies hair and the hair would be super crispy or stiff. I don't think they were meaning someone who washed a pony's hair and just didn't quite rinse the conditioner out as well as it should have been.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 01:05:18 PM »
I don't think the seller that people are talking about is lisa0994. If you read more on the old Arena the issues with her are just that ponies are not as good as described and really bad to deal with if you did end up with a dispute or complaint about what you had won.  Dot100Dogs (now poniesandpetals) was one who was notorious for using styling products on ponies hair and the hair would be super crispy or stiff. I don't think they were meaning someone who washed a pony's hair and just didn't quite rinse the conditioner out as well as it should have been.

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better!!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 04:11:30 PM »

They are not the same person. I've had both of them bidding against each other on a few of my pony lots. :P

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 06:43:30 PM »
I'm going to agree with emery ^^  the person who ruined ponies hair with styling products was not lisa0994, it was dot100dogs/l1111y/poniesandpetals) , so I wouldnt sorry about your ponies. Normal shampoo/conditioner doesnt ruin pony hair  :hug: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 06:48:19 PM »
Ah man! I've been watching several of poniesandpetals eBay auctions! I swear I did a search on here for her name.... sorry to hijack this thread, but is her only issue styling products? Like is it a deal breaker?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 01:55:48 PM »
Ah man! I've been watching several of poniesandpetals eBay auctions! I swear I did a search on here for her name.... sorry to hijack this thread, but is her only issue styling products? Like is it a deal breaker?

Sometimes it can be a deal-breaker.  In dot100dogs (and her other IDs) case, whatever it is tends to become sticky (like hairspray or mousse).  If you bid on a beautiful pony that came to you all sticky and when you washed the hair, it was clear the hair was dry and brittle, you'd be unhappy.  I think she has also missed things like cancer/age spots/stains as well on occasion. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 02:37:52 PM »
I have not had good experiences with this seller that you have started this thread about.  There are description errors, greasy hair on some ponies I have received, total lack of communication with buyers who want to ask questions about the product.  I had received two G3 ponies from this seller last year that the conditioner was not washed out enough of the hair.  I had to wash it out myself when I received the pony.  Then I did try to ask questions about certain ponies and did not get any replies. So I didn't buy them from her.  Then recently tried to give her one more chance in which she just failed to describe her item accurately and I was disappointed for the last time.  I don't have anything against this seller, but this is my personal experience with Lisa0994.   I have not had any problems with her not shipping items or slow shipping though.  Its just that these auctions where you only get one or two line basic descriptions that are the same for every pony are not fair to the pony collecting buyer.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 02:48:08 PM »
I have not had good experiences with this seller that you have started this thread about.  There are description errors, greasy hair on some ponies I have received, total lack of communication with buyers who want to ask questions about the product.  I had received two G3 ponies from this seller last year that the conditioner was not washed out enough of the hair.  I had to wash it out myself when I received the pony.  Then I did try to ask questions about certain ponies and did not get any replies. So I didn't buy them from her.  Then recently tried to give her one more chance in which she just failed to describe her item accurately and I was disappointed for the last time.  I don't have anything against this seller, but this is my personal experience with Lisa0994.   I have not had any problems with her not shipping items or slow shipping though.  Its just that these auctions where you only get one or two line basic descriptions that are the same for every pony are not fair to the pony collecting buyer.

Oh yes, for sure she is a mass re-seller and I don't know if she is an "expert" in collecting. It is definitely the same description, pretty much, for each pony. Like I said, when I was trying to acquire a lot of G3's in a short period of time, it was a good thing, and I liked that she did at least try to clean the ponies up. Seriously, some ponies on e-bay look like they were pulled straight from the mouth of a drooling child or dog. I don't sell, but if I did, I think I would at least TRY to make the effort to sell clean, nice looking items so I got better prices on them.

So I do have a lot of her G3's and I'm just glad that I'm not now having to frantically dump a whole bin of ponies out and wash mousse or hair spray out of their hair. Relieved. :)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »

Sometimes it can be a deal-breaker.  In dot100dogs (and her other IDs) case, whatever it is tends to become sticky (like hairspray or mousse).  If you bid on a beautiful pony that came to you all sticky and when you washed the hair, it was clear the hair was dry and brittle, you'd be unhappy.  I think she has also missed things like cancer/age spots/stains as well on occasion. 

She poses ponies in her pics to hide flaws, yes.  But she also is quick to give a refund if you bring it up with her that the pony had flaws not listed or hidden, but she does insist she doesn't hide them on purpose. 

I have yet to be pleased with any of my purchases from her, and I haven't even gotten any with product in their hair.  They're just never as described. 

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 04:04:01 PM »
Yea I would say with this seller that if she washes the pony she really needs to rinse it properly.  This is my personal preference as I don't like getting ponies with gooey hair wrapped neatly around their legs.  I would rather just spa my own pony then deal with that.  So this is a personal thing for me. I almost would rather not buy ponies people have washed because all too many times the pony is full of mold because of poor washing technique.  I guess I am a bit different.  I think a minor wipe down and cleaning off stains is important to sales.  Over doing it though and getting water in the pony and the pony being full of mold you find later...bothers me.  Some people think nothing of putting ponies in a huge bucket of soapy water and this isn't a good idea as mold is going to grow if that pony isn't perfectly dry on the inside.  Thats hard to do if you aren't going to take the pony apart. I don't like to do that either.  Why in the world would you want to put hair spray on a pony? That is a really strange practice. :shocked:

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal