collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show off your skeletons!!!  (Read 2421 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Show off your skeletons!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 05:04:27 PM »
Honestly, they are waaaay easier than I thought. I've seen a few members on here who had fab wigs on their BJD's and MH's. This is the tutorial I used, and its SUPER easy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUlFuKuA2N4

That video is also how I found the mohair too! There is a website in the beginning of the video to a fabric company that gives you 5 free samples when you join their website (which is free too!) Check it out! Way easier than you'd think!

That was an amazing tutorial. Up until the very end, I was saying, "Wait, she's sewing the mohair INSIDE a little ball? What the hell?!" Then it call came together! hehe

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 05:09:06 PM »
I thought the same thing...I didn't think it was going to work at first. Then she got to the end and I was like, "SNAP! No WAY its that easy"....and yet, it is. Especially since the mohair samples I got were cut on an odd angle, the two circle idea is perfect. Hadley's hair is perfect circles, but since the length of the fur is shorter on Honey's, I cut them in ovals to give the back some length, and cut the circle up towards the top of one of the ovals....a little finagling and Ta-daa!!

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 06:02:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing! Now my only problem is buying the fur. I hate paying that much for a whole yard of the stuff!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 06:56:13 PM »
Free samples love! They give you 5 3x5 samples for free when you sign up to their website, (with no catch too!) and free shipping too! And after that, you can still buy swatches for 1.00 with free shipping. And the swatches are pretty generously sized. I had more than enough from one swatch to make a MH sized wig by that tutorial.  :)

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 07:48:08 PM »
Free samples love! They give you 5 3x5 samples for free when you sign up to their website, (with no catch too!) and free shipping too! And after that, you can still buy swatches for 1.00 with free shipping. And the swatches are pretty generously sized. I had more than enough from one swatch to make a MH sized wig by that tutorial.  :)

Hmmm... My dollies sure could use some new wigs.. *signs up*

EDIT: Which fabric did you get? (I know absolutely nothing about fabric. XD)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:50:01 PM by JigglesTheCat »
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 08:18:07 PM »
Off to the left, in the list of fabric types, click on "long pile fur", and it will give you all of the options they carry. Lots of fun colors!!

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 04:58:58 AM »
Hhhmmmmmm...might have to give that a try :).  How did you do the multi colors in the front?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 07:34:33 AM »
Honestly, they are waaaay easier than I thought. I've seen a few members on here who had fab wigs on their BJD's and MH's. This is the tutorial I used, and its SUPER easy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUlFuKuA2N4

That video is also how I found the mohair too! There is a website in the beginning of the video to a fabric company that gives you 5 free samples when you join their website (which is free too!) Check it out! Way easier than you'd think!

Thank you for posting that link, I have watched it before but didn't notice the fabric site at the beginning. I just became a member and ordered my 5 free swatches. I am so excited. Thank you again for posting it.

Offline DiamondDreams

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 08:28:54 AM »
I thought the same thing...I didn't think it was going to work at first. Then she got to the end and I was like, "SNAP! No WAY its that easy"....and yet, it is. Especially since the mohair samples I got were cut on an odd angle, the two circle idea is perfect. Hadley's hair is perfect circles, but since the length of the fur is shorter on Honey's, I cut them in ovals to give the back some length, and cut the circle up towards the top of one of the ovals....a little finagling and Ta-daa!!

Now the difficult thing will be figuring out the size of the various circles.....  Cutting is scary, even on practice felt, lol.

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 11:17:25 AM »
Hhhmmmmmm...might have to give that a try :).  How did you do the multi colors in the front?

Hadley's wig is made from the "3 Tone Fur" swatch, the "highlights" are the longer wisps from the fabric.

Now the difficult thing will be figuring out the size of the various circles.....  Cutting is scary, even on practice felt, lol.

The way I did mine, was cut the swatch in two, then cut as big of a circle out of the swatch as you can.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 12:13:20 PM »
FREE SAMPLES!! And $1 swatches?? Cate, you ROCK, thank you so much - going to sign up now!!!

ETA swatches on the way!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:46:49 PM by Kalavista »

Offline DiamondDreams

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 12:51:53 PM »

Hadley's wig is made from the "3 Tone Fur" swatch, the "highlights" are the longer wisps from the fabric.

The way I did mine, was cut the swatch in two, then cut as big of a circle out of the swatch as you can.

Awesome, thanks :)

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 03:48:15 PM »
Oh no - you guys make me want to spend money i don't have: i nééd skeletons. NOW.

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 05:05:22 PM »
FREE SAMPLES!! And $1 swatches?? Cate, you ROCK, thank you so much - going to sign up now!!!

ETA swatches on the way!
Awesome, thanks :)

No probs! Hey, all the credit goes to the lady that made that video, and to the awesome members here that directed me to youtube to find the tutorials...Just paying it forward!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 06:00:11 PM »

Sally is always so gorgeous.

Awww,  :sheepish: thanks. :)

lol, jk. I love the red wig on her, Tuney!

Cate, you are a doll, thanks for all those tips! I can't wait to see everyone's projects!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal