collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I had that "aha" moment...  (Read 569 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
I had that "aha" moment...
« on: September 01, 2012, 11:22:44 AM »
I don't remember what ponies I had as a child. [I was born in 1986, and I know I had some ponies] I think I had a Bow Tie, and I think I had Ruby Lips. I was just browsing through today and say this listing: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,302886.0.html and I just went OMG! I had that pony! I'm almost sure I had that first pony [Sweet Notes].

What about you? Do you remember your childhood ponies? Have you ever had that moment where you went "OMG! I KNOW that pony!"

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: I had that "aha" moment...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 11:40:47 AM »
Yes, I remember every single one of my childhood ponies!  I loved them and my collection was the envy of the neighborhood!

Sadly, 2/3 of my collection was lost in 2003 in a family move (I was in college out of state when my ponies were moved).

Thankfully, I knew exactly which ones were missing and I was able to replace all the lost ones AND THEM SOME!!

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 11:47:50 AM »
I always thought that G3s were the ponies I collected when I was younger, but then I realized that by the time they came out I was just becoming a teenager.

So I collected G2 I think. I think I remember them too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 11:59:08 AM »
When I first started collecting G4s I spent some time trying to remember which G1s I had as a child I thought I had remembered most of them (still a little fuzzy on whether I had a Minty or not but I'm very clear on a few others) but I totally had a moment like that when I saw a picture of Magic Hat one day! It was just like "Oh yeah! I had that one too!"

That's great that you were able to recognize one that you had!

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 12:04:10 PM »
I still own every one of my childhood ponies - never stopped collecting....
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 12:12:46 PM »
I remember the G2s I had better than the G1s, although I know the core few G1s that I owned. I only have one of them now unfortunately (and a custom I commissioned) but better than nothing!  :)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 12:25:03 PM »
I can't seem to find any of my old ponies at my mother's house. I swear she kept every natty Barbie I had, but I can't find any of the ponies. My mother doesn't throw anything out.... ever.... so I don't know where they could have gone :(

Anyways! I love hearing about everyone's childhood collections. G1's are kind of special to me, because I was a late 80's baby :)

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 01:04:07 PM »
I can remember mine! Applejack, Bow Tie, Cherries Jubilee, Posey, Lickety-Split, Lemon Drop, Snowflake and Forget-Me-Not.

I don't have any of my original ponies, but I bought them again when I started collecting.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 01:11:11 PM »
I havent as I remember them...but my mum does which is funny.

When I was after the Honeysuckle year variant, I bought about 4 Honeysuckles and then when the right one finally arrived I wandered around the house with her so happy...when she was sitting on the coffee table my mum suddenly looked at her and went "Hey...I remember that pony!"
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
I still have some of mine. I know I had a Bubbles, but can't find her. I think I put her in the Goodwill box since I wasn't into ponies at the time. I remember Gingerbread. I haven't to replace her, but I will very very soon.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »
Don't you love moments like that?  :)

When I was four, I had a pony that I lost at the mall and it clearly traumatized me as I could still clearly describe said pony 20 years later.  When I started collecting 6 years ago, I was online and saw a pic of SS Windwhistler and knew right away it was her.  I also figured out I had Raincurl and Glry as a child, although both had gone missing (I have since found Raincurl but Glory is long gone.). Windwhistler's bird brush lasted a long time, too.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 01:18:12 PM »
I was born in 1986 aswell and ponies was one of my favorite toys, so I had plenty :P Fortunatly they're all still in my collection - all but two.

There were two ponies who were stolen from me at my daycare when I was about 4-5 years old. I rememberd somewhat what they looked like, but couldn't for the life of me remember details or names or anything like that. I always rememberd a blue earth pony with a pink gem on her head and multi coloured mane and tail. I also rememberd a tiny, yellow pony with pretty wings and pink mane and tail.
For the longest time I thought I had just imagend them. It wasn't untill several years later when internet came around and I visited the Dream Valley that I spotted two ponies who looked VERY familiar. And I instantly knew these were the two girls that had been stolen from me all those years ago - Little Flitter and Star Gleamer :D
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal