collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Moxie Girlz thread  (Read 10018 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Moxie Girlz thread
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2012, 01:29:15 AM »
lol OMG you got them!! Too bad you couldn't get Avery, but isn't Kellan so adorable especially with her freckles?! XD
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2012, 01:48:41 AM »
She is!!! I love her freckles!!! :D

Hopefully I can eventually get Avery. If the TRU here was any indication she should be easy to find, as they had like 4 or 5 of her.

And overall I'm really impressed. Lexa's hair is super gorgeous and soft, so I've been sitting here playing with it for hours. xD And the bunny doesn't feel cheap at all, it feels really sturdy. And the squatting thing is so hilarious and cute, plus really nicely done imo. And the leash is brilliant! I figured you'd have to cut it off, but the leash is through a loop at the end so its super easy to take on and off and could be used for other pets.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2012, 05:20:11 AM »
yay, congrats on your new Poopy sets Taxel! they look hilarious IRL too, and I love that the little dresses on the pets are actually sewn and can be taken off - for some reason I thought they will just be painted on.

I also have good news: my Sophina is here! ^^ I love her, her pajamas are so cute (for a reason, the pattern reminds me of Sailor Moon :D ), and wow, her hair is so... thick (or how do you say that :P )! I swear she has more hair than I do, I'm a little envious...

however, I'm not fully satisfied with her condition. I'm sure the poor girl has never been combed before, as her hair is pretty tangled on the outside, and the ends of these curls are frizzy too... her full hair is nothing like pony hair , and I had quite a hard time combing her  -_- I didn't wash her hair yet, I only did a pre-de-tangling combing. could someone please give me some advice on how I should go on washing and conditioning her hair?
she also has some tiny needlepin spots on her legs. I do remember some of my childhood Barbies having some tiny holes on their legs that if I remember correctly were like these, but I never knew why they were there, and they always were located at the same places on the legs - Sophina's aren't like that. were they meant to be there originally? I'm a really inexperienced girl when it comes to dolls, so this may be a silly question :P
also, her head seems to be a little loose. it doesn't come off, but... huh, how should I say this... it doesn't really stay pointed at the same direction, and I don't need to use any force when I want to turn it. also, when I tilt Sophina, her head doesn't stay positioned to the direction it originally looked but turns on its own - I suspect it's because of her too heavy hair giving in to gravity, pulling and making her head turn, but, again, is this normal with Moxie Girlz?

I'm sorry I don't yet have pictures, I will try to do something about it - now maybe only after she will be in a nicer shape ^^ she already has her clothes washed and I also found some other clothes for her too, but her hair needs some serious pampering :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 05:21:43 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2013, 01:09:49 PM »
I'd love to see this thread alive again, so I'd continue with an update on my Sophina. I finally got to take pictures of her - not in her original outfit though. I found some lovely Barbie clothes for her during the weekend (so far she only had a single skirt, and a pair of boots I used to have on one of my bags as decoration (originally keychains) and accidentally found out they fit her - that furry top's a little big for her, so it's there only to cover :P ), and I decided to document her getting them ^^
(ignore her messy hair, please, I never got to condition it further. don't even look at my last post's date where I mentioned the issue  -_- )

Hey, look! A box! No, not only a box, a present! May it be for me?
*looks around*

...let's see what's inside? (If the content happens to be for someone else I'll just go and re-box them :P )

Oh, what a lovely dress! And it's tiny, so it must be for me! *happy dance*

Let's try it on! (and also the other clothes :) ) - spoilered to lessen pic-spam ;)
Spoiler

recently the poor girl has been so underloved I feel quite guilty. however, finding these clothes brought the love back again, so from now on I'll try to be a better mommy and spend more time with her too ^^
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:30:56 PM by Loona »

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2013, 12:30:41 PM »
awww, too bad this threas has gone down so... I hope noone minds me reviving it!

since my last post I have got a few Girlz ^^ the first one was Avery, whom I bought on a local auction site, and I love her! then somethere around spring I found another Sophina in a thrift store. she's the Magic Snow one, and she had her full stock (clothes-wise. no slide, bag or snow dome - but I wasn't interested in those anyway, so that's OK), still attached with those little plastic ties, never removed - but her hair was cut off almost completely. I wanted to rehair her, but I couldn't decide on a colour, and then work took over my time, and I happened to forget the dolly completely...
later in spring I found a naked, footless Lexa in the same store. she had her hair, but it's literally rasta! I didn't have any problem with it though, because with so bad hair I was more brave to try out a hair straightener without being afraid to mess her hair up (I can't make it much worse, really :P ). however, I don't think I will leave her hair straightened, I'm thinking of making her a rasta, or giving her a new hair colour - don't know which yet.
sometime in early June I bought a dolly lot from eBay with more Girlz in it (and a Moxie Teen! she was the main reason for buying), but I'm not going to keep all of them, only Lexa and possibly another Avery because of major hair differences.

fast forward to Friday, same store: I was digging through the boxes of plushes, when I bumped into a MG head O_o it was Monet's. later at home I learned she's from the Head Gamez series - I've never heard of this set before!
I was really happy, as I was also hoping to get Monet someday, and on my way home I was planning to put her head on rasta Lexa's body (because I already have another Lexa anyway) - however, I realised their skin tones don't match :/ oh well, the dolly lot I bought included an extra Sophina too, I can just switch her head instead of selling the doll.
...and then the brick hit me: I have a third Sophina! I was so happy when I realised this, I could never decide on a rehair, and I never liked Magic Snow Sophina's glittery make up (it's so not fitting to me... I think of Moxie Girlz as kids, girls in their more earlier than later teens, who shouldn't wear this heavy make up), but judging from the Head Gamez set she exactly has the same skin tone as Monet
...and a couple of hours later I had a new Monet doll  :cool: I took pictures as well, but I couldn't yet load them onto my computer. if anybody's interested I'll be happy to share the photos later :)

ah, also something to mention: Moxie Girz are finally available for purchase in my country: they appeared in Tesco! I'm so tempted to get Fairy Tale Avery and Bryten, but I'm not willing to pay their full price yet :/

Rockwella

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2013, 11:27:48 PM »
I love Moxie Girlz! I have 4 and they are the Alice one,Rapunzel,pirate girl and red riding hood. All from Big Lots.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2013, 01:57:21 PM »
If anyone wants another one, there's one in my sales folder.  :)  I thought they were cute, but I regretted the purchase.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Shining_Lyris

« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2013, 03:10:50 PM »
Love Moxie Girls! Sure, they don't have the BEST hair in the world but they are nice and sturdy and fun to style. They have such sweet faces too. My next "Pony Party" will include a few of the girls from our set. I'm just sorry I missed out on the Moxie Teens while I had the chance. They were very pretty too. All in all we have 9 of these lovely little ladies. 2 Averies, 2 Sophinas, 2 Lexas, 1 Merin, 1 Bria, and 1 Kellen.  ^.^

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2013, 12:05:08 PM »
love your pics! some of them are actually more appealing to me than the copyright promo pics of the dolls :cool:

I have recently found Bryten, she was one of my top wishes as well. now I think the only girl left whom I'd really wish to have is Kellan.

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2013, 02:03:03 PM »
eww, just some days after my previous post a Kellan popped up on a local auction site. I was so excited over her, but had to let her go in the end, as her price went up too high. also, the auction had quite blurry pics (she was NIB, but a return, with heavily scratched, thus blurry plastic box), and I couldn't decide if it's just the box or she really has a funny haircut, so I try not to regret being outbid.

but! today I have found another head in a shop. I seem to attract heads like a magnet :P
she's quite an unusual girl though... her hair colour and skin tone is just like Monet's, but she has brown eyes and no beauty mark. after a quick search I think she's from this set (but has more wavy hair):

does anyone know something about this set? I know the Head Gamez sets operated with being able to create 3 different characters with the 3 available heads, but here the spare head doesn't look like anyone :blink: is it Sophina, just with a different hair colour?

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2013, 11:48:09 AM »
I only have one moxie girl, after school sophina.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 05:45:18 PM by moonlight twinkle »

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2013, 05:35:12 AM »
I so hate to see this topic die! so I thought I should revive it :P with a picture of the Head Gamez * head I mentioned in my previous post. she now has a body, and also a new hairstyle (which didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to, but I'm OK with it for now).

here is my newest girl all ready for winter:

I just can't seem to come up with a name for her  :huh: do you have any suggestions? I also can't decide on who she should be related to from my crew (if related), and what relation should they have.

EDIT: also, did you notice not all Moxie Girlz have the same arm molds? I just recently realised that some of mine have bigger hands/palms  :blink:

*EDIT2: ack! now I see I wrote Head Gamez, whereas this girl is not from that set, she's the Sophina with different hair colour. she still doesn't have a name :(
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:17:33 AM by Loona »

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2013, 09:38:10 AM »
Aw!  These are adorable!  I never knew.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2013, 04:18:37 AM »
today I have found another head in a shop. I seem to attract heads like a magnet :P
THIS! totally like a magnet! today I found another one - and not someone common :shocked: :frolic:
can you guess who she might be? :nod:

also, I found the Poopsy Pets commercial on YouTube - I have never seen it before! I nearly died laughing, especially at the last line XD

http://youtu.be/Cj0bNBS5-0o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal