collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who loves guinea pigs?  (Read 1339 times)

BelovedDoll

• Trade Count: (0)
Who loves guinea pigs?
« on: August 30, 2012, 05:33:02 PM »
I just can't find very much negative to say about guinea pigs. They're cute, sweet and great pets for all ages! They're not too big, not too small, fairly inexpensive to keep. I can't get enough of their squealing noises when they hear the fridge open! Feeding them veggies is one of my favourite activities to do with them since they have such a very "always ready to eat" personality.

Here is the guinea pig I had (the black one, she passed away 2 years ago though) pictured with my best friend's guinea pig (the black and white one):
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And here she is when she was just a little baby piggy (she wasn't ready to leave her mom yet):

Her name was Raven. Though I miss her a lot, I want to get another one. But right now because I have two hedgehogs, a betta fish and three cats, my boyfriend is saying no to the guinea pig unless one of the hedgehogs pass away (he also has a dog). So I'm having some nostalgia about my guinea pigs I had over the years, waiting for the day I can get another one.

This was the guinea pig I had before Raven, his name was Mr. Murmble:

He was a big piggy but pretty sweet and very curious about everything. He had no fear of the cats whatsoever as they always left him alone. In fact, he and the cats would sniff noses all the time through the cage. But outside the cage, if he came up to any of the cats, they would back off and sometimes run away. I lost him when I left him with a friend to babysit while I took a trip for a few weeks. They took him to their farm property in PA for a while and during a storm, he got loose from his cage, running around on their farm loose and couldn't be caught. So in his remaining days, he lived a free life on a farm, munching on the veggies.

What is your favourite thing about guinea pigs? Any funny stories to share about your guinea pig? Would you like to share photos of your guinea pigs?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Who loves guinea pigs?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 06:52:53 PM »
I adore them and have had bunches. My last died a few weeks ago though and I can't have another right now.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 07:41:44 PM »
Pretty piggies!  I love them.  I wish I had the attention to give to one right now.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 09:11:51 PM »
Oh I adore guinea pigs. My pony persona is even centered around them. Most of the time, guinea pigs take to me right off, even when they're fussy when other people try to hold them. I've had four over the course of my lifetime. I don't have any right now but they'll always be a part of me.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 09:56:53 PM »
I have one named Nancy. She's orange and white :) I'll have to upload a picture later.

A few years I had Honey and Chi Chi. Chi Chi was brown and Honey was blonde/white. I miss them both but sadly they passed away :(

I love Guinea Pigs <3 Sweet creatures!  :)

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 10:32:06 PM »
I no longer have this guy. But his name was Mouse. He had a habit of dancing when fed.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 04:33:32 AM »
I :heart: guinea piggies! :lovey:

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 05:18:49 AM »
I won a  guine pig  when i was at the county fair.  XD  my mom wasnt pelased when i came home with an  animal.  but eh.  i named her Dali short for dalmation. becuase she was  white and   had  black spots on her liek a dalmation.   she would  sqeak  very loudly all the time.   but she edned up dieing ><  my dad was like no more rats!! i used to tote her around in my pocket. i had a smock  and it had side pockets  when she wa sa baby shed fit in it. then when she  got older and she got HUGE  the cage we had orignal go tot be too smal for her so i ahd to put her in an aqurium.   and  when i put her in my pocket full grown shes have her  paws on the  top of the fabric  and have her nose  resting on it  and just watching. 

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 05:30:00 AM »
When my mom was little, she read Olga da Polga so when I was little, I read it too. I love guinea pig antics.  :satisfied:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline RavenWolf

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 08:42:30 AM »
I love Guinea Pigs!!! I had a bunch of them when I was little. They are just the sweetest most affectionate little things. I love and miss the cute little noises they make. :) My favorite and very first piggy was Ginger, my parents surprised me with her on my 8th birthday. I loved her so much, she would alway squeak and jump around her cage for attention the second I got home from school. She knew several tricks as well. :) She'd come to her name, and stand on her hind legs for a treat. :)

My other piggies where: Sam, an all white short hair, Bambie a tan long haired. and my boys where RB a tricolored long haired, and his son, Roast Beef who had Abyssinian like fur.

I miss having guinea pigs and have wanted to get one for a long time now, I've even bought a nice big cage for one. but with 3 cats and a dog, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to give one enough attention.

Boldly going where no pony has gone before...

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 08:52:07 AM »
I love guinea pigs! They are soo much fun, proper personalities. I prefer them to rabbits or hamsters by miles!
Years ago I moved in with a bf that had a guinea pig called Grey Boy, but I just called him "Pig".

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 01:19:45 PM »
I loooove them! I currently have my two boys, Rufio and Bang-a-rang(named from the Hook movie ^^) and they live with me in my dorm/apartment :) I love them dearly :heart: I had wanted guinea pigs for a long, long time and I finally got them :3 They are very zealous, not so little boys xD And still growing! And definitely a labor of love. Lol I'll have to add pictures later, maybe :3 I don't have many recent ones. They're hard to get pictures of. Lol They love to lick which I think is so sweet :lovey:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 01:24:05 PM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline FlitterRose

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Welcome to Daydreamland. No reality allowed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 06:14:28 AM »
My absolutely favorite animals!!!I used to have two with totally different personality.What can you dislike in guinea pigs?Sweet,innocent,cuddly, fluffy,cute...can't describe them with words  :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: :lovey:
Sup

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 09:35:25 AM »
I do! But I don't have any anymore. We had to put down two guinea pigs about two weeks ago.  :sad: Even though I love them I don't think I'll ever get one again. We've had such bad luck with them getting sick all the time.

Pics of the 4 piggies I had from 2005-2012:

G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 09:39:15 AM »
My aunt is a big fan... However I'm more of a rat/hamster person. I can see their appeal though :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal