collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I think I terrified a girl when buying some ponies :-/  (Read 3474 times)

Englishgothgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
I think I terrified a girl when buying some ponies :-/
« on: August 30, 2012, 11:27:06 AM »
I was recently at a flea market (second hand market) and saw a couple of G3's which I picked up.

For anyone who can't guess from my username, I have a lot of piercings and wear a lot of black.

The little girl with her mother, who it seems mummy had decided she was too old to have ponies, looked like she did not want to sell her ponies at all.

So I ask how much she wants for this paticular pony

The little girl looks at me with the most distraught look on her face and says...

"You're not going to burn her are you?" :blink:

:shocked:

I'm not that scary am I?  :cry:

I proceeded to show her my sea pony tattoo and reassure her that I was a pony collector and did not want the pony for a Super Cute Satanic Sacrifice

But it made me lol  :biggrin:

aerieberry

Re: I think I terrified a girl when buying some ponies :-/
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 11:40:55 AM »
Oh my godddddd.
The sad part to me here, is that kids wouldn't usually come up with this stuff on their own. It's usually a passed-down prejudice from their parents. The fact that people can be so close-minded makes me sad. :(
Then again, this is a tad funny. >_>

Englishgothgirl

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 11:42:57 AM »
Oh my godddddd.
The sad part to me here, is that kids wouldn't usually come up with this stuff on their own. It's usually a passed-down prejudice from their parents. The fact that people can be so close-minded makes me sad. :(

What makes me sad is she obviousley didn't want to sell her ponies, but mom was making her.

Ponies don't have an upper age limit :(

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 11:45:26 AM »
I second the sad sentiment. Probably some churchy sheltered family. I don't think the child has cable, at least not the disney channel. Probably the type of family that would say its not right for their child to collect anything like some forum members get flak about with their families.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »
I agree, that is sad and funny at the same time. But on the bright side, you just gave that little girl an excellent example of how people are more than their appearance!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 11:48:01 AM »
That is horrible when parents make there kids get rid of things the kids still want. Poor little girl. But at the same time they should of not of said that to you :(  People are to fast to judge others. I try very hard to not to do that to others. I have alot of good friends that are not considered Beautiful to the worlds standards. They are wonderful to have in my life.  :)
There are also alot of people that are very closed minded. They are the ones that are not happy with there life. Have to be like others to feel good about themselves. And have to follow what is cool at the time. I have never been like that and never will. I am trying to teach my daughter to be herself. She wears alot of horse clothes to school. So I think that I am doing a good job so far. 

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 11:52:51 AM »
Oh my godddddd.

What makes me sad is she obviousley didn't want to sell her ponies, but mom was making her.

Ponies don't have an upper age limit :(

Aw I hoped her seeing you was encouraging.  When she grows up she can do whatever she wants and you are living proof of that.  I hate this notion that we have to push our kids into growing up.  Or we have to try and convince them to leave their childhood behind in favor of more 'acceptable' pursuits.  I'm glad you bought them and she knows they will be loved.

I don't love the assumption that mean, crazy, anti toy mom is probably a religious fanatic.  I mean sure it happens, but some of us religious folks are totally normal.  I promise  :sheepish:
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 11:54:16 AM »
When you think about it, that little girls reaction was priceless! I hope the pony tattoo helped reasure her that her pony was going to a good home! :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

will2Bfree

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 12:10:54 PM »
I don't love the assumption that mean, crazy, anti toy mom is probably a religious fanatic.  I mean sure it happens, but some of us religious folks are totally normal.  I promise  :sheepish:

Yeah, that bothered me too.

People just get finished saying how prejudice and stereotyping are bad, and then that gets thrown out. Ouch.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:14:47 PM by will2Bfree »

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »
That is such a cute funny story.  I like how you ended your post by saying you "did not want the pony for a Super Cute Satanic Sacrifice". 

I had a kid ask her mommy if I was a witch once (as in a Halloween witch).  I am not a witch of any sort.  I don't dress unusual.  However, I am very pale, I just happened to be wearing a black dress for a concert I just sang in, and I had my hair in two braids.

Apparently, that looks like witch to little kids.  Her mom told her to hush and quickly moved away from me.  :(

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 12:51:33 PM »
Well, at least you were able to reassure her that you really like ponies and would take good care of them!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 01:02:26 PM »
:lmao: Great story!

My big burly brother had lots of dreads and peirceings but he was a great guy. But some people were obviously nervous around him. Once an old lady saw him coming down the sidewalk and quickly crossed the street! Also, when we got our dog and she saw him for the first time, she peed a bit. XD So I can understand how you feel.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:04:18 PM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 01:15:54 PM »
Well no one said all or even most religious people are like that...but I think from a lot of people's experience, people who react like that do tend to be sheltered religious fanatics (note the adjectives). Still a stereotype and assumption about the girl and her family, though.

I'm curious, how'd she react to the pony tattoo? I mean, the fact that she would ask you that at all is a little...rude...although makes me wonder if she's also tell you what she thought about that. Kind of sad to see her concerned for her ponies though!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 01:27:05 PM »
I do see what you are saying Elisto, it just made my face sad that that's the first thought that comes to mind.  I mean, I just figured she was kind of a jerk or one of those 'you are too old for this' kinds of moms.  I didn't mean to stir up trouble or anything, just wanted to voice that it hurt my feeling a bit in case HavACrumpet452 didn't realize that it could be taken as somewhat hurtful (accidentally I'm sure I know they weren't trying to make any kind of commentary on the subject). 
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 01:31:07 PM »
I don't think you're stirring up trouble at all! Sometimes I just want to be able to have a conversation with people about this stuff...it's kind of important I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal