collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kinda annoyed with ebay buyer  (Read 802 times)

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Kinda annoyed with ebay buyer
« on: August 29, 2012, 08:51:23 PM »
I sold an item on ebay this past Saturday. The buyer asked me when I would ship it, and I told them that it would be shipped first thing Tuesday, because my mom was having surgery on Monday.
I shipped it Tuesday morning, and sent the confirmation number to them through paypal, ebay, and messaged the number to them as soon as I gt out of the post office. The message went through because it was in mu sent mail box.
I get a message tonight from the seller wanting to know if I shipped it. It's listed as shipped on the listing, along with a tracking. Same on paypal. And they had a message from me. Can't they check that first BEFORE messaging me?
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Kinda annoyed with ebay buyer
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 08:55:56 PM »
I feel your pain. Many buyers not only don't read but they expect your to teleport the item to them when the listing ends. It astounds me that there are people starving in many parts of the world but it is a matter of life and death here in the U.S. if someone does not get their toy immediately lol. I guess the economy can't be too bad. Hopefully that buyer doesn't turn out to be too much of a pain.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 03:49:10 AM »
Impatience is a common trait sometimes in ebay sales. I think sometimes it comes from caution as well - sometimes when we buy from sellers we dont know or have been messed around by other sellers, its easy to understand people being a little paranoid about shipping. That doesnt stop the "has it shipped...where is my parcel...has it shipped...where is it...where is it" messages from being incredibly frustrating for sellers so I feel your pain on that one!

All that being said yes they should have perhaps checked the listing before contacting you. As they can still leave you feedback, I would just be lovely and polite and point them in the direction of the tracking number :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 04:34:02 AM »
First of all Ebay has created an enviroment that makes people think that their items should be shipped hours after payment. When in all actuality more than half the sellers on ebay are working out of their homes with a main job. And it is almost near impossible for most to ship out the same day.

But in that being said some people are just impatient.  I have learned to just be as polite and kind as I can be when they enquire over something that is clearly right in front of them.  They maybe new and do not know to check those types of things before messaging the seller.

I would take Cat's advice and send a polite message directing them to their sales page where they can check the tracking.  I would also include the tracking number in the message(again) to be sure they get it.  Good Luck  :) 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »
I was polite, and told them where they could follow the shipping status.
They thanked me for the information and told they had forgot to check the listing:/
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 02:59:06 PM »
I'm sometimes one of those people that tends to ask about my package, but for some reason now Ebay doesn't usually update me on shipping statuses. I never know when they are going out or not, so I'm that one going "please let me know when you ship".  Most of it's not to annoy or impatient but being paranoid. After you get burned a few times it's hard not to worry to some degree, especially if Ebay doesn't having the ship information up.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 03:30:03 PM »
Working in customers services I can promise you that a significant amount of people either do not read things at all or they read what they want to read. Or there are people that don't trust what they read too.

For example:

I have a question about your Pink Jacket - Childs. Is it an adults jacket?

Best thing to do is just always be polite and have a laugh about some of the silly questions you'll get asked. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal