collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it worth it to order these from TRU?  (Read 997 times)

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Is it worth it to order these from TRU?
« on: August 28, 2012, 09:01:37 PM »
Ok, so here I was telling myself I was completely done with Ponies for the next couple of months as I've gotten most of the new stuff that I wanted and my credit card is almost payed off. :biggrin: so, what do I do? I stupidly go on toysrus.com just for the heck of it and see that these are both finally in stock online:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12839215&skuid=12654531

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12839210&skuid=12654482

I've wanted these for so long but I held off getting them the one time I saw them in the store figuring that I'd be able to find them at the fair, little did I know they would become so hard to come by in my area.

Now my main thing is that I'm a little hesitant about ordering off of TRU again after the whole Collector's Set ordeal, I don't usually order from them very often but if I do decide to get these, is there a high chance they are going to suddenly go on backorder or something, because I really, really am not in the mood to go through all that again, lol.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is it worth it to order these from TRU?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:11:23 PM »
I would think it would be fine :) I don't think people are going to go as crazy over them as they did for Zecora and the Favorites set. I say go for it :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 09:11:54 PM »
I don't think you'll have a problem with these. :) The demand isn't as high, and there won't be a BOGO fiasco going on. I'd say you're safe to go ahead if you'd like them!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 04:03:18 AM »
Even the Zecora and Favourites stuff seems to be gradually sorting itself out so I would think you ll be fine - they are certainly no where near as in demand as other items in the line.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 06:48:36 AM »
I think you are safe. The complete train set just came out so my hunch is more people will be snagging that as a set as it turns out to be cheaper then buying all the parts separately.

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 01:18:05 PM »
I went ahead and ordered them. I just hope TRU doesn't do something stupid like send me 2 Sweetie Belles or something, lol.

I actually noticed the other night that they had been listed on their site but at the time Fluttershy was listed as in store only.

EDIT: The fact that the Fluttershy Car is now listed as out of stock is slightly worrying to me, I'm going to be mad if they pull the temporarily out of stock crap at the last minute and split my order to charge double the shipping. At this point, if they screw up again I'm never ordering from them again.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:28:20 PM by Pony_Lover_Man »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 04:08:15 PM »
I really hope you get the 2 you want! Hopefully you can post a brag but you ll need to let us know if they mess up again :( [fingers crossed]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 04:26:05 PM »
I went ahead and ordered them. I just hope TRU doesn't do something stupid like send me 2 Sweetie Belles or something, lol.

I actually noticed the other night that they had been listed on their site but at the time Fluttershy was listed as in store only.

EDIT: The fact that the Fluttershy Car is now listed as out of stock is slightly worrying to me, I'm going to be mad if they pull the temporarily out of stock crap at the last minute and split my order to charge double the shipping. At this point, if they screw up again I'm never ordering from them again.
lol you'll prolly get a 'backorder notice' email soon for that. I'm never ordering from TRU again after the pre-order disaster.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »
Well, I finally got a shipping confirmation for both items so I guess I will let everyone know what actually shows up at my door, lol.

Novavelle

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »
my TRU just restocked these, so you might want to hang on.... but I know I waited/hunted forever to find fluttershy... sweetiebelle was easy.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 06:11:43 PM »
There are tons of these still in Canada.  I can't get over how weird and unpredictable the distribution is.

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 06:15:56 PM »
Yeah, Toys R Us was the only actual store I ever saw them in. I went back after the fair when they had the BOGO sale to see if they still had them but they told me they were discontinued items and that they probably wouldn't be getting anymore.

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 08:46:42 PM »
my TRU just restocked these, so you might want to hang on.... but I know I waited/hunted forever to find fluttershy... sweetiebelle was easy.

My TRU restocked them too. Which just floors me because for months now the only thing on the shelf was the main part of the train and I couldn't find these cars anywhere. I had to eventually order them online to complete my daughter's set. Then, as soon as the entire set is released for 39.99 then TRU puts not only that set out but the individual cars out along with it..I mean...huh?? Lol, TRU doesn't make a ton of sense sometimes...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal