collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are you reading right now?  (Read 6256 times)

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
What are you reading right now?
« on: August 27, 2012, 06:46:23 AM »
I just finished reading Agatha Christie's The Sittaford Mystery, after watching the Marple episode on it (Renamed: Towards Zero), 'cause I liked the episode. Well, the only thing they had in common was three names, a seance, and part of how the murder was committed, but I liked both anyway.

My next book is probably gonna be Crux by Moira Rogers.

What are you all going through right now? What's your favourite genres? Mine are children's adventure/fantasy and mystery.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are you reading right now?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:22:33 AM »
I just finished up The White Queen by Philippa Gregory. Loved it. I started Pleading Guilty by Scott Turow last night.

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 08:37:26 AM »
Right now I'm reading through some on HP Lovecraft's longer stores. I've finished At The Mountains of Madness, The Dunwich Horror, The Whisperer in Darkness, and am planning to read The Call of Cthulhu before I take a break and read Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson.
:)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 09:08:57 AM »
Gregor And The Prophecy Of Bane

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline joce

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 09:13:51 AM »
 I saw the game of thrones books as a set for my kindle and started reading last night and was up for hours! I think a game of thrones is the first one and thats what I am still on.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras

Offline Rosencrantz

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 09:32:18 AM »
Right now I'm reading through some on HP Lovecraft's longer stores. I've finished At The Mountains of Madness, The Dunwich Horror, The Whisperer in Darkness, and am planning to read The Call of Cthulhu before I take a break and read Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S Thompson.

I love Lovecraft! I like CoC's end a lot, because it's fun to describe to people
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 10:05:22 AM »
Sacajawea by Anna Lee Waldo. All 1400 pages of her life. Third time I've read it.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 10:13:23 AM »
This thread.  ;)   Also Fatal Burn in regular book, and I forget what on my Kindle.  Something mystery.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 01:12:24 PM »
I´m reading "The Idiot" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, one of my favourite writers. I´m liking it so far, I just adore how he goes about his characters, they are all so interesting :)

As for my fav genres, I guess fantasy but my favourite books span all kinds of genres.
But i have an urge to say this as I´ve noticed that most westerners are not nearly as well acquainted with Russian literature as people should be - if you have the time, go and read some Russian classics, there are some amazing works in there ^^
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Rosencrantz

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »

As for my fav genres, I guess fantasy but my favourite books span all kinds of genres.
But i have an urge to say this as I´ve noticed that most westerners are not nearly as well acquainted with Russian literature as people should be - if you have the time, go and read some Russian classics, there are some amazing works in there ^^

That's true! My friend is reading War and Peace and keeps reading out these sections to me that are really really good. I'm probably gonna give it a go soon.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 01:29:50 PM »
Right now its the Elminster series by Ed Greenwood but I jut got a magazine shoved at me so i might have ot take a look at that :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 01:59:19 PM »

I love Lovecraft! I like CoC's end a lot, because it's fun to describe to people
I love him too! but some of his short stories creep me out  >_<
I remember when I first read Rats in the Walls. I was already in my 20s, still I couldn't get much sleep that night because I kept hearing creppy little feet scratching inside our walls :yikes: :lol:

I'm currently reading a collection of contemporary Finnish short stories. but I look forward to finish it soon, so that I can start another book I just bought today. it's The Dinosaur Hunters by Deborah Cadbury, and back in university one of my teachers kept on praising it. I always wanted to read it ever since, but it always was too expensive considering I am not likely to have time to read it before I finish my studies. now as I finished I may go and read it, and I'm quite happy I could get it for such a nice price ^^
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 02:03:39 PM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Rosencrantz

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 02:04:27 PM »

I love him too! but some of his short stories creep me out  >_<
I remember when I first read Rats in the Walls. I was already in my 20s, still I couldn't get much sleep that night because I kept hearing creppy little feet scratching inside our walls :yikes: :lol:

I'm currently reading a collection of contemporary Finnish short stories. but I look forward to finish it soon, so that I can start another book I just bought today. it's The Dinosaur Hunters by Deborah Cadbury, and back in university one of my teachers kept on praising it. I always wanted to read ever since, but it always was too expensive considering I am not likely to have time to read it before I finish my studies. now as I finished I may go and read it, and I'm quite happy I could get it for such a nice price ^^

Rats in the Walls breaks my heart because I wanna talk about how awesome the cat is but he named it the most horrible thing he could after his own cat. Lovecraft, why you gotta do crap like that?

What's the dinosaur hunters about? Am intrigued.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 04:14:35 PM »
I'm reading a few...

Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty (YA contemporary, book 3 in the Jessica Darling series)
Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers (YA contemporary)
Defy The Stars by Stephanie Parent (Young Adult, this one is written in verse)

I just finished Jamie McGuire's Beautiful Disaster (chick lit/young adult), The Forever Contract by Avery Sawyer (YA dystopian), and Brightest Kind Of Darkness by P.T. Michelle (YA Paranormal/Supernatural). I write a book review blog, so I read a lot, and I've been getting into a lot of great indie books lately. Half the ones I mentioned are indie. I mostly read Young Adult books, varying from contemporary to dystopian. :)

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 04:50:14 PM »
A Storm of Swords book three in the Song of Ice and Fire series. We don't have HBO and we're a bit tight for cash so we can't run out and buy the DVDs, but oh my god the books are amazing!

I'm going to be really sad when I finish all of the current ones. :p

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal