collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Glue Seepage Thread  (Read 32906 times)

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
Re: Monster High Glue Seepage Thread
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2013, 06:10:54 AM »
I know its not the "new doll" smell.. I really like that smell, my husband gives me weird looks because I like to smell then when I open them :lol:

I can't describe the smell, but both my GB Clawdeen and Sig Clawdeen have sticky stinky hair. Guess its time to buy some tea tree oil
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2013, 07:55:21 AM »
I noticed that a bunch of my earlier dolls, and wave 1 Lagoona/Clawdeen that I got from ebay, have some kind of 'greasy' roots. Like if someone would not wash their hair for days. It's just greasy however.. not sticky and I can still comb through their hair.

Is that glue-seepage, in the beginning stages maybe? :<
Would you suggest I try tea-tree oil? Lagoona still has her hoodie attached to her head, it would be a shame to clip it off, but I guess she's in for a hair-wash at least. -_-

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »
Sorry for Double-Posting, but since this thread is already on the second page I figured a little Bump was in order fooooooor... Catlein is now my personal MH-Hairfixing-Hero! :D
I had a Frankie with bad seepage and icky hair and today I used her as my 'bait' and gave her the tea-tree-oil-treatment (before trying on any of my wave1). ..used a LOT of oil, worked it in with a small G4 comb and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes before washing it out with my regular shampoo.. and WOW. Frankie's hair is soft.. and fluffy.. and SOFT.. and FLUFFY! ..I cannot stop playing with it. Haha. :heart:

So.. everyone with glue-seepage, TRY IT. Please! It's so worth it!

Since I needed a lot of oil on her tho, I'm gonna buy me some HUGE bottle of ebay now and will treat all my girls who have even slightly greasy or icky hair with that, too. SINCE IT'S JUST SO FLUFFY AND SOFT NOW!

And it's a 100% organic product.. just wow!
Thanks Catlein! ^.^
:heart:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:40:25 PM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2013, 04:38:11 PM »
Sorry for Double-Posting, but since this thread is already on the second page I figured a little Bump was in order fooooooor... Catlein is now my personal MH-Hairfixing-Hero! :D
I had a Frankie with bad seepage and icky hair and today I used her as my 'bait' and gave her the tea-tree-oil-treatment (before trying on any of my wave1). ..used a LOT of oil, worked it in with a small G4 comb and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes before washing it out with my regular shampoo.. and WOW. Frankie's hair is soft.. and fluffy.. and SOFT.. and FLUFFY! ..I cannot stop playing with it. Haha. :heart:

So.. everyone with glue-seepage, TRY IT. Please! It's so worth it!

Since I needed a lot of oil on her tho, I'm gonna buy me some HUGE bottle of ebay now and will treat all my girls who have even slightly greasy or icky hair with that, too. SINCE IT'S JUST SO FLUFFY AND SOFT NOW!

And it's a 100% organic product.. just wow!
Thanks Catlein! ^.^

<3<3<3 I am SO happy that this method works so well! It's saved some of my girls!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2013, 11:57:58 AM »
It works awesome! At first I was all like 'what oil? won't it make it more greasy?' - But it totally rocks! Glue Seepage has totally lost its scare now. At least on dolls with an easy to recreate hairstyle. :3
How on earth did you find out about it if you don't mind me asking? Tea-Tree-Oil is probably the last thing I would've tried.. XD

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2013, 01:42:47 PM »
It works awesome! At first I was all like 'what oil? won't it make it more greasy?' - But it totally rocks! Glue Seepage has totally lost its scare now. At least on dolls with an easy to recreate hairstyle. :3
How on earth did you find out about it if you don't mind me asking? Tea-Tree-Oil is probably the last thing I would've tried.. XD

I had a bottle of tea tree oil that I used to remove bandage adhesive from my skin (I even tried to deflock a so-soft pony once, and it sorta worked). So I figured that if it removed stuff like glue, it might work on dolly hair! And thus a wonderful solution was born :)

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2013, 12:43:30 PM »
My boyfriend's only doll, black and white SS Frankie, is suffering from this. He's heartbroken! We'll be trying the tea-tree oil on her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2013, 12:49:24 PM »

I had a bottle of tea tree oil that I used to remove bandage adhesive from my skin (I even tried to deflock a so-soft pony once, and it sorta worked). So I figured that if it removed stuff like glue, it might work on dolly hair! And thus a wonderful solution was born :)

(LOL I have to try to deflock a SS Pony with it! xD)

Jocelyn: Yes, definitely try it! It saved my Frankie so there's a good chance yours will be getting better with it, too! Just remember to brush/work it in very well and down to the scalp. :>

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:21 PM »
I just thought of something!

-I used a syringe to inject hot water into Venus's head through her ear to prevent flocking coming off.
-The glue is coming from the inside and seeps out of the hair plugs

What I'm trying to get at is, is it possible to heat up some of the oil, fill a syringe and squirt it into their heads to stop the seeping from the source?!

If you think about it, it could work:

-Glue is from the inside of the head and seeps out the plugs
-Inject oil so it goes into the head where the glue is at and slosh it around
-Glue and oil will come out through the plugs and ears so it could flush out the oil and glue altogether, afterwards, wash the head out from the inside with water.

I wish I had the tree oil or a greasy headed ghoul to try it on.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2013, 04:50:20 AM »
That might work, Luvly - But as someone who has dehaired several dolls already, I can tell you there is a LOT of glue inside their heads. (rolled all up into a ball it's the size of a small hazelnut sometimes o_o) ..so I don't know if all of that would drip out to through the roots/ears.. one might have to pop off the head. :c

That said, afaik not ALL of the glue is bad. It's made of two components, one that gets (and stays) hard and holds the hair in place.. that is mostly the part that could be reached by the oil from inside of their heads. And then the residue/soft part that either had no time to cure or is just crappy glue in the first place.. it mostly sits between the hard glue and the scalp, thus leaking out of the roots.. (but almost never out of the ears). ;<

So while an awesome idea, I don't know if it would help much, sadly. For it would only reach the hard glue and I don't know if the oil is strong enough to loosen that.. since it is pretty much solid as rock. :c
And YEAH, I too dread the day my first doll with flocking will start to seep. I sometimes think my GR Clawdeen has it, but then again it might just be the way they styled her curls. -_-

But for those without, it is not like you have to wash them every week or so. My Frankie's hair is still soft, and I think it has been months since Catlein washed hers and so far the glue did not come back? :O

(I have hopes that the loose/soft glue makes up only a small portion of the whole glue, and thus maybe 1-3 washes on a single doll might be enough FOREVER. ..or even 1 if all the glue soaked out already.. hey, I can dream, right? xD)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:52:07 AM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2013, 08:46:25 AM »
I guess that makes sense with the hardened part, I kinda thought the non-cured part would be in the head somewhere all around and not sanwiched between the scalp and hardened. >,>; oh well. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2013, 08:56:53 AM »
It's still a neat idea! :>
And I remember reading about dolls where supposedly ALL THE GLUE was soft! 0-0
Luckily I never owned a doll like that.. but in such a case squeezing oil inside the head might be a good thing to do!

ETA: You can tell you have a doll like that when the ick is coming out of their ears.. >_<
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:58:58 AM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2013, 08:59:25 AM »
Maybe taking off the head, filling it with oil, blocking the ear holes and neck hole with your fingers and squeezing out the oil through some plugs, that might work too, but with the non-cured still soft/liquidey ones. but with the whole hardened covering the plugs, that throws the idea out the window too. :P
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

YellowCat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2013, 12:22:19 PM »
Can someone tell me if the glue that seeps through the scalp has an odd smell? I got a doll who's hair feels rather.. gross and has a funky smell even though I washed the hair with shampoo and conditioner.

I think dolls with glue seepage smell kind of musty instead of like fresh new doll.  At least that's how my Abbey's hair smelled before I shampooed her with Goo Gone 2.

StormyRavenNeko

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2013, 08:28:48 PM »
I broke down and bought tea tree oil today to try out, this stuff has wonderful results. Now my house smells of tea tree oil, while it drives my husband nuts I love how fresh my house smells and how lovely Toralie & Lagoona's hair feels.  <3 I'm a happy camper now. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal