collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What the...? Really? Public Pony Buying Horror Stories  (Read 5888 times)

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What the...? Really? Public Pony Buying Horror Stories
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2012, 10:48:16 AM »
I saw a kid (Like a 2 year old) steal a Twilight from the Celebration at Canterlot Castle thing. I was wondering why she didn't take Starbeam xD

GoodyGumdrop

« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2012, 11:34:10 AM »
On another note, I won't walk through those security things at the store while people who aren't with me are walking through. Especially if they have strollers. I walked through one at Kohls at the same time as a lady in a stroller. I stayed behind for the cashier to check my bags but they were too busy at the counter to notice the lady with the stroller who kept walking. It was only in hindsight that I realized she walked through at the same time as another person on purpose. She was pretending to fiddle with the toddler's jacket zipper until the very moment I was getting to the door and she did have an eye on me. I'm not going to be the distraction for a theft against my will again. I will stop and tell people to go ahead if we come to the exit at the same time.

When I worked at my mom's clothing store, this was actually a common theft technique--adult loading up a child's stroller with stolen items, then leaving with another person or when a group of people are going through the gate at the same time. Alot of people are leery of checking a child's stroller and will check the other people first. Also, now that "babywearing" is big, alot of sticky fingered women will stuff small expensive items between their baby wrap and baby, because no one wants to deal with the legal hassles of going near a nursing baby and a woman's breasts.

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »
A fan would never steal, my guess is desperate-dollar-sign-eyed-scalpers.

I hate that I can say this, but that's not necessarily true. :(
Personally I think if you like something you should support it, which usually means buying the product. Fans more than anyone really SHOULD want to at least send a little money their fandom's way, though I totally understand things being too expensive (between my pony and Disney collections lol). At the MLP Fair this year we were right up front when the exclusive Ditzy sold out and there was a brony in front of me that literally looked around and grabbed one displayed for the raffle and tried shoving it under his arm and then his sweatshirt. I'm passive aggressive so I just spoke loudly about the raffle prizes and how I hoped I won one of those...
Fortunately he didn't think it through with the crowd of people around him and the fact that the ones for sale were stored behind the tables, not on. The Fair staff promptly took it back and shooed him away.

Yeah, back on the second page or so? I mentioned seeing a fan on 'another pony site' who openly admitted to stealing BB ponies from another fan's shopping cart. So, yeah, fans do steal - most of them just don't admit to it.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Flutterblossom

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2012, 02:09:57 PM »
At the MLP Fair this year we were right up front when the exclusive Ditzy sold out and there was a brony in front of me that literally looked around and grabbed one displayed for the raffle and tried shoving it under his arm and then his sweatshirt. I'm passive aggressive so I just spoke loudly about the raffle prizes and how I hoped I won one of those...
Fortunately he didn't think it through with the crowd of people around him and the fact that the ones for sale were stored behind the tables, not on. The Fair staff promptly took it back and shooed him away.

I think I saw that Brony in line too! I was near the front when they sold out, and this guy just took the Ditzy Doo from the raffle table and either tried to buy it or steal it. He put it under his arm until he got to the front. And then they told him that it was for the raffle, and not for sale.

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2012, 10:02:21 PM »
Anybody who brags on a forum about stealing should have their account deleted. Then again you can always create another one from a free email account, but at least you learn that stealing isn't tolerated, especially not something to brag about.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2012, 10:23:32 PM »
At the MLP Fair this year we were right up front when the exclusive Ditzy sold out and there was a brony in front of me that literally looked around and grabbed one displayed for the raffle and tried shoving it under his arm and then his sweatshirt. I'm passive aggressive so I just spoke loudly about the raffle prizes and how I hoped I won one of those...

I think I saw that Brony in line too! I was near the front when they sold out, and this guy just took the Ditzy Doo from the raffle table and either tried to buy it or steal it. He put it under his arm until he got to the front. And then they told him that it was for the raffle, and not for sale.

Yeah, I was right in front of that guy. He grabbed it off of the table after the announcement of them all being sold out and was going to attempt to buy it, I said good luck with that and left the line knowing there were no more.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2012, 10:30:50 PM »
Anybody who brags on a forum about stealing should have their account deleted. Then again you can always create another one from a free email account, but at least you learn that stealing isn't tolerated, especially not something to brag about.

Maybe deleting is a little rash for the first offense, maybe a temporary suspension. But yeah, I agree with this very much so.

Lon-san

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2012, 04:55:59 AM »
As a frequenter of the "other forum", I'd like to say that MOST people commenting said the poster was scum.  There were a few "Well, gotta get what you can!" types but most of it was "Go. Go away and don't come back. ". The majority was NOT IMPRESSED and the thread was closed due to getting so heated.  No official ban but if they keep using their name, the bragging will totally impact people's future interactions with them on the board. They will be "THAT guy".

The poster seemed to think snatching from others' baskets was okay because they had had it done to them before. Yeah, but didn't that BOTHER you? Wasn't it upsetting? So don't do it to someone else.

The same thread mentioned some NON-brony package opening people had spotted too. Kids opening to get what they wanted, parents opening on behalf of kids who wanted a specific toy. One little girl was going through the bags, feeling every one up to try and find a pegasus, and her dad actually SUGGESTED she start opening them up :/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:58:52 AM by Lon-san »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2012, 05:02:27 AM »
Ok - for the same reason of preventing this conversation getting over heated lets keep this subject on the topic of our own pony horror buying stories please
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2012, 11:31:41 AM »
Does anyone have stories about other bad public pony buying behavior that involves something that is not stealing? 

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2012, 11:38:59 AM »
I remember the last time there was a similar thread here, someone on the Arena said they saw a baity G1 in a G3 box in a store. o.0 The only explanation they could think of is that someone bought a G3, then returned it and put a G1 inside so they could get their money back and still get a free G3! And for some reason the store people put it back on the shelf lol.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2012, 11:44:21 AM »
I would have been delighted to find a baity G1 in a G3 box at the store. Totally worth buying just for the story.

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2012, 03:41:09 PM »
I bought an already opened blind bag... everything important was there, so I bought it along with a few unopened ones.  The clerk was going to put it aside, and I said I would buy it, even though I didn't open it (which I think was obvious, since the others weren't opened).

I also saw some BB at the local LW (was so excited) but they were $4 each, so I didn't get them.  I found some empty bags and brought them to the front to tell them, and the manager sighed (she knows me well) and said that was the 3rd or 4th that week.  :(  They don't have bb's here in Canada.

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2012, 04:04:52 PM »
I bought an already opened blind bag... everything important was there, so I bought it along with a few unopened ones.  The clerk was going to put it aside, and I said I would buy it, even though I didn't open it (which I think was obvious, since the others weren't opened).

I had the same thing happen. When I finally found a few wave 3s, one of them, Cherry Berry was opened, but the pony and card were in the bag and I needed her, so I was planning to buy her along with the other four or five blind bags that were unopened. The cashier noticed it was opened and threw it in a box near the register and I was like "Um, I wanted to buy that" and she looked at me like I was crazy or something. I don't get that. They should be happy that a customer is willing to buy opened merchandise.

Pinecone

« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2012, 06:33:39 PM »
Kind of mildly bad, but once some baby Spike dolls were kind of wonkily stacked, so I corrected them before some poor kid got a Spike crashing onto their head. Not sure if it was a customer lazily stuffing them back in or if they were stacked badly in the first place.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal