collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What the...? Really? Public Pony Buying Horror Stories  (Read 5809 times)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: What the...? Really? Public Pony Buying Horror Stories
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 08:49:37 PM »
I disagree with this a little.  Sure, they do it to make money...but it's also a fun product...I like getting a bag, wondering who I will get, and trying to collect them all.  Just like the trading cards I collected as a kid...opening the pack and seeing what you got was half the fun.

Still is, in fact!

At least they do release various BB size sets.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 09:03:16 PM »
I disagree with this a little.  Sure, they do it to make money...but it's also a fun product...I like getting a bag, wondering who I will get, and trying to collect them all.  Just like the trading cards I collected as a kid...opening the pack and seeing what you got was half the fun.

Still is, in fact!

At least they do release various BB size sets.

^That's cool. :) I think I'm just a little too cynical, I wish I could think about it that way...

Also, it occurred to me, I do not want to derail the thread with my rant. DJOctaviaSymphony, if you want me to remove it or anything, please let me know.
Now let's hear more stories about horrible customers!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:04:47 PM by NoPonySpecial »
I'll put something here some time

DJOctaviaSymphony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 09:05:02 PM »
Thanks for the title edit mods sorry about that I was just heated :(

Sad to hear so many instances so far of this stuff going on. I mean yeah it's totally one thing to do it once and then feel bad and stop but to outright be sneaking around trying to pocket things (especially a collector/childs toy) is enraging. I know Walmart most likely couldn't do much but had to say something. I'm definatly thinking maybe that's why so many cards are gone so fast(the BBs I know are just really popular and bought up) but seems like he'd of sold them on Ebay.

Same goes for online scammers with fake photos/stuff they never send,  Grr!

Post Merge: August 25, 2012, 09:05:55 PM

PS: NoPonySpecial you're fine :) I just wanted everything to share whatever and thought this would be the right forum to let it be known people are being nuts lol.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 09:05:58 PM »
It's all good!  C: C: 

I have actually not seen horrible people, shopping.  I have been lucky.  Also no problems with open blindbags, either.  Some I have seen on shelves or floors looking rather trampled and stepped on, but not opened lol

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 09:13:57 PM »
On 'another site,' there was a dude who bragged about how he stole BB ponies - out of another Bronies' shopping cart. But it's okay, he claimed, because he DESERVED those ponies more than those Bronies did! Because they bought the whole box, and how DARE they not share with him, a perfect stranger. 9_9

This fandom scares me sometimes.

EDIT: And on a personal note, I found my first opened BB bags a week or so ago - it was pretty depressing, but at least the ponies were still in the box. So I tucked them back into their little bags, and hoped that some sweet kid would come take them home.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:19:58 PM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 09:20:27 PM »
I've never actually seen someone steal a pony, but I did encounter a creepy lady while shopping once for G3s at Target. I had some g3s in my cart and this woman came up to me asking me if she could have them. I told her no, I was buying them. Then she demanded that I give them to her so she could buy them for her children. Once again I told her no, and then pushed my cart away to shop for other things in the store and refused to speak to her anymore.

This lady kept following me throughout the entire store, keeping about a 20 foot distance away from me, watching my cart the whole time. Maybe she was hoping I'd leave my cart unattended so she sneak up and take the items out of my cart. She finally stopped following me when I got in line for the cash register, but it was so irritating. I had wanted to hit up some other stores in that particular shopping center, but I went straight home instead because I didn't want to chance crazy lady breaking into my car to take the ponies I had just bought.

OMG, that's creepy! I'm glad she didn't follow you home or anything!

I've never seen anyone steal ponies before, but I did see Wal-Mart workers chase down a teenager and catch him for stealing. Weird thing is... he was the cousin of my sister's husband O_o

Post Merge: August 25, 2012, 09:24:31 PM

On 'another site,' there was a dude who bragged about how he stole BB ponies - out of another Bronies' shopping cart. But it's okay, he claimed, because he DESERVED those ponies more than those Bronies did! Because they bought the whole box, and how DARE they not share with him, a perfect stranger. 9_9

I had that happen to me before! Only it wasn't ponies... it was bath towels on Black Friday shopping, LOL. They were super cheap and ran out quick and while my sister and I weren't looking someone snatched the towels right out of our basket!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:24:31 PM by Shenanigans »
My Wish List

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 09:26:18 PM »
Poelpe get NUTS during those sales events!!!

plague

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 09:30:40 PM »
I ran into an open BB once at Toys R Us.. they left the card inside but took Sweetie Swirl and the folded up paper that shows the other ponies. :/

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2012, 10:01:40 PM »
Poelpe get NUTS during those sales events!!!

I know and I go every year to watch :lol: Last year this teenager literally jumped on the video game display and started snatching all the video games before the cops took him out :shocked: I've seen a couple of people fight, but nothing real major. They can get crazy though and very pushy!
My Wish List

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2012, 10:50:11 PM »
I'm yet to see an open blind bag but only TRU stocks them in my area and I've never seen a Brony in the pony aisle... in fact I've hardly ever seen anyone else in the pony aisle while I'm there...
But I reckon if all these stores are having so much trouble with blind bags being stolen they should move the blind bag boxes to right beside the register so you can only select them while paying, if they actually care to protect their stock that is. *shrug*

It's pretty weird to think that so many people seem to be stealing them. I've no idea how they justify it to themselves because it's just plain theft   :huh:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 10:54:52 PM »
Sheesh.  What gets INTO people?  >P

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 11:04:49 PM »
Not pony stealing, but at the toy store I worked at we had the beanie babies on for sixty percent off and this old lady stole like eight of them. It was... why you do that?

I only stole something once*, when I was three. It was a pair of Ariel earrings I forgot I had in my hand when we were leaving the store. I was three and convinced I was going to jail D:

*pirating doesn't count because I buy everything eventually.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

leogal

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 11:32:10 PM »
I've seen so many open boxed toys (not just ponies) it's ridiculous! When I was working in Zeller's (I'm Canadian), I was walking through the Barbie/Pony isle looking for a barbie for a neighbour girl I looked after and I swear about half the boxes were open. I had to report it, since I worked there, but after I left that isle to pick up some stuff I needed myself, I was followed across the store! It probably didn't help that I was wearing a hoodie, but I was so surprised that they followed their own employee's...

Offline Axalth

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 12:49:23 AM »
You never realise how much theft goes on until you start working in retail :/ its insane.
We dont have pony bb's but we have other ones, that are always being opened and stolen or just left sitting there.
Wishlist | Trade list

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 02:37:33 AM »
Inappropriate contest removed.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal