collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How Do YOU Collect?  (Read 1421 times)

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
How Do YOU Collect?
« on: August 24, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »
Do you have a certain pony pattern, or do you just buy any pony in sight? How often do you buy ponies? Basically, all you have to do is share your collecting lifestyle.

I've come to the decision that for generations 1, 2, and sometimes 3, I'll only buy if I'm on that color. Let me explain. I buy 3 ponies of the selected generations of the same color, in rainbow order. Example: I start on pink/red. That means I have to buy 3 red and/or pink ponies before getting any orange ponies. I know it doesn't make sense, but whatever.  :P (I'm on blue!  :smug:)

As for Generations 4 and sometimes 3 (I'm not collecting 3.5 ATM) I'll just buy whatever ponies I fancy if money allows. I'm trying to get the common ones first, but if I see one a bit more HTF and I can pay for it, I'll get it.

Now it's your turn!  :happy:

EDIT: Spelling mistake. Oopsies!
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: How Do YOU Collect?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 11:14:13 AM »
I collect like a crazy person. :lol:  There is no method to my madness.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 11:20:01 AM »
I collect like a crazy person. :lol:  There is no method to my madness.

That makes two of us XD

I tend to just go mad and buy whatever I know I don't have - in no order what so ever. As I am getting order in my ponyroom though I want to be more organized with my purchasing too. Like start from the beginning - the first set of the G1's, complete that and then move on to the next and so on. All the way to the last of the G4's.

We'll see if I can stick to that once I get a clue of what I actually have XD For now it's just "oh pretty g3, me want!" *buy it now* "ohmy gosh new pretty g4! want!" *buy it now* "G1 Pony merchandise I know I don't have!!" *buy it now*
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »
If I see a pony that is reasonably priced, I will buy it, funds allowing. I also put low bids on eBay - if I win, great I have a bargain :D If not, well, I'll just bid on another one :) Sometimes I just need a pony, but I don't like paying too much. DnP Swinger and PP Sweet Suds are currently on my hit list, I actually bought Sweet Suds a few months ago but Sweet Lily turned up instead. I tried contacting the seller but they never responded.

G3s and G3.5s I tend to just pick up at bootsales and charity shops, unless it's one I get stuck in my head and suddenly need it, same with G2s. G4I have been trying to keep up with releases in shops here in the UK but I am so far behind it's not even funny, but I'm determined not to waste money on shipping as I KNOW at Christmas they will all be in the stores over here (fingers tightly crossed!)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 11:27:46 AM »

That makes two of us XD

I tend to just go mad and buy whatever I know I don't have - in no order what so ever. As I am getting order in my ponyroom though I want to be more organized with my purchasing too. Like start from the beginning - the first set of the G1's, complete that and then move on to the next and so on. All the way to the last of the G4's.

We'll see if I can stick to that once I get a clue of what I actually have XD For now it's just "oh pretty g3, me want!" *buy it now* "ohmy gosh new pretty g4! want!" *buy it now* "G1 Pony merchandise I know I don't have!!" *buy it now*

See that is my total attempt of what I want to do. I want to like but a set I'm interested in at a time or something of that nature. Then I see a good deal or another pony I don't have at a decent price. I mean what does one pony hurt? Then I have several from different sets all over the place. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 11:35:08 AM »
I usually have a top 5 most wanted list and try to be on the mad hunt for them.
Right now I'm downsizing my huge collection. I used to just buy every pony I didn't have or saw for a good price. I want numbers down so I've devised a new method.

Right now my goals for the next year are going to be:
Mint Nightlight
MB lightning (and boy variants too!)
G2 Painter pony
Brother Hats
Cutesaurus
Baby Splash
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 11:40:56 AM »
For G1's, I buy whatever if I find them at a flea market, antique mall, garage sale, etc. as long as the price is right. It keeps me from buying all the ponies online and spending my money quickly. :haha: Though the first few G1 ponies I got to start my collection off again were on Etsy.

For G4's, I buy all Raritys, all Cadances and all the variants $5 ponies and blind bags I like.

I don't collect G2-3.5.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »
I don't think I could say no to a G1 I found at a fleamarket. But I just collect what I don't have (and actually want), as long as the pony isn't manky beyond belief.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 01:24:34 PM »
I generally concentrate on a few ponies/sets at one time. I have a wishlist, but I often find that if I am close to completing a set I will go for that first because I LOVE completing sets (especially with accessories). If I do come across a great deal for something off my wishlist or something random at a flea market of course I snap it up!
She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 01:26:56 PM »
There are so many ponies and I collect so many different things, so right now I thrift for older ponies and I buy only what I like/want out of the G4 merch that is available.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

MikaylaIsSoCoolLike

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »
If it's a G1 or G2 (my only one is a Mcdonald's Ivy...) I would buy them right away as long as the price isn't crazy.
For G3's, I'll take them in and fix them up. If I have them, I would give them to my niece (unless I really like that pony).
For G3.5, I'll probably leave them there. I don't want those murderous demons amongst my nice ponies.
For G4, I try to avoid doubles as much as I can. I only ever had two doubles in my G4 collection, and one of them went to my niece. I also don't care much for accessories, so it works out okay.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 01:35:10 PM »
I wish there was a method!

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 01:36:34 PM »
My method: If I don't have it, I want it, and I have money, I get it.

PolkaDot99

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 01:43:35 PM »
Im just trying to get one of each of the ponies I only get the new ones (G4, the 4" ones).

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 02:03:15 PM »
i see what i like, then i buy it,
simple:)
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal