collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Well now I feel bad  (Read 478 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
Well now I feel bad
« on: August 24, 2012, 10:15:30 AM »
I was going to the mall today with my fiance to buy some plastic bins in the big grocerystore Coop that they have inside the mall. As usual we walked past the toyaisle, but since this guy in his 20's and in a uniform was sitting there, kneeling by the MLP blind bags I kept on walking cuz' I'm the kind of person who are abit shy about my pony collecting and I never stop to check ponies if there's someone else there.
I couldn't help but to be curious though, thinking it was a worker for the grocerystore, I thought maybe he was putting up new Blind Bags since I saw he was checking the MLP Blind Bag boxes out, turning them over, checking the pictures on the side etc.

I figured we'd go back when we've picked up the plastic bins and so we did. When we reached the toyaisel again the same guy who had been kneeling down by the blindbags before came out of it and I noticed his uniform was one of the store "Game" in the mall that sells computergames etc. And in his hand he held some blue MLP blind bags.
I couldn't help but starring while we headed over to the ponies and kinda exited I whisperd to my fiance "Oh my gosh he must have been a brony!" And I let a laugh escape me. This was only because I was so exited and happy to see a brony in my area.
Thinking back though, I feel really bad because he might have heard me and thought I was laughing at him :blush: I really really hope not because I think it's a great thing that the Ponies get so much love and attention from all kinds of people these days.

Not only that, but we checked out, went to another store and then headed out of the mall. As we did I saw that guy again standing in the middle of the highly trafficated mall by a bin and ripping open the MLP blindbags. I smiled and turned to my fiance and just went "yup, brony" :)
We talked about it and how it was great to see adult guys having no shame at all in buying ponies and I thought, if guys are so cool with it, why can't I be?

Right after we headed to Toys R Us which is located right next to the mall and when we got to the pony section and I noticed they finally had the Blind Bag packs with 3 in each I let out such a loud squeal that a little kid just stopped and stared at me XD I raised my eyes abit and saw.... The Wedding Castle! I actually shouted to my fiance who stood abit away "OMG they finally got the castle! LOOK!" I grabbed it and hugged it all the way to the register with a big smile on my face. Something I would never EVER have done before. Usually I jump of joy on the inside and try to act all cool like I'm buying the stuff for someone else.
And I realized that I suddenly felt no shame what so ever anymore in loving the ponies so much and beeing all exited about finding new stuff. Most likely cuz' of how that guy I had seen previously had no shame in it.

So thanks to finally seeing another person, a guy ontop of everything, beeing totally cool with buying ponies I think I finally got over my own shame - and this makes me feel even worse if he did hear me and missunderstood my reaction in the grocery store =(

Maybe I should head to the mall and appologize or something or at least start a convo about ponies with this dude? I dunno, I just hate myself right now especially since I do have him to thank for getting over my own fear and shame :lookround:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:20:36 AM by Desert Rose »
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: Well now I feel bad
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:41:09 AM »
This was a beautiful recounting, and I think it's wonderful that the brony inspired you to feel no shame about your love of ponies!!!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:57:58 AM »
What a great story, thanks for sharing!

I too am an extremely shy person in real life--even though I can be kinda curt online lol. I say things on the Arena I would never say in real life! :blush: So I totally understand where you're coming from.

There's been many times I said something and it came out the wrong way and I wished I could fix it, but the moment was already passed or the person had walked away. Times like this you just gotta say to yourself 'well I hope they understand' and try to put it behind you. Even if you saw him again in the store, if you brought it up it would probably be confusing and awkward for him. "Hey remember last time we were here? I laughed but I wasn't laughing at you so I hope you weren't offended!" Sounds kinda weird haha.

I believe in karma and the balance of the universe so if you really feel bad about it, I think it will all work out in the long run. ^_^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 06:53:22 AM »
What a great story! And I am so pleased seeing someone else being confident in their pony purchases, made you feel more confident in yours :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 06:59:44 AM »
Aw, that's awesome! That's so cute he was ripping into the blind bags... he was so excited he couldn't wait, hehe :D It doesn't sound like he was bothered by the laugh if he was opening up his BB in public :) Yay for no shame in collecting!
My Wish List

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 07:41:58 AM »
Hehe yeh I suppose you guys are right. :hug: That it would be odd to go and appologize if he didn't hear me :P And that it's doubtfull he did since he was ripping into the blindbags in the middle of the mall :)
However, I am concidering striking up a convo about ponies if he works the next time I visit the store "Game" :P Never would have thought I'd see a Brony in my area and I think it would be pretty neat to get to know more people who love ponies that live nearby :)

And maybe you're right Dragonflitter. I did feel really bad right away, and right after this all happend I found new pony stuff in TRU so maybe karma did it's work right there :) You never know. All I know is that I got really exited to get a hold of the Wedding Castle and thanks to seeing a Brony having no shame in buying ponies I could show my own happyness in public :D
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 07:48:52 AM »
Wow!! Great story!! So cool to see another pony fan!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal