collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where did all the Sea Ponies go? (Random thought I had at work)  (Read 894 times)

Offline RavenFeather

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
I work at Walmart, in the toy department...and sometimes we get some really weird stuff.

Squishy Baff, it's this really weird gunk you put in a bathtub/pool that makes it all squishy and weird, one of these odd things is purple.  Which made me think of the smooze, and how interesting it would be to do a photoshoot with my extra Gusty as she looked all smoozed in the movie....but then it got me to thinking...

"wait.....that was the last time we saw the adult sea ponies in the series...."

After the movie there were only babies (not sure about the comics, but in the cartoon definitely).  The adult sea ponies just vanished off the face of Ponyland....and then I thought...

"Wait.  During the whole Smooze song, they evacuated all the ponies and a good chunk of the little forest animals....but they never evacuated any of the sea ponies.............."

I've always thought Sea Ponies would lay eggs, which would be buried in a seaweed nest, I even used to play that some of my marbles were Sea pony eggs. 

What if the adults never survived the smooze, but the eggs did.  And that is why the only sea ponies after the movie are all babies?  It's kind of creepy to think about...  Has anybody else had thoughts about this?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Thanks Bronely!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Where did all the Sea Ponies go? (Random thought I had at work)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »
Wow, I never thought of that, but that's a completely intriguing theory!  I like it!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 10:11:06 PM »
*scratches head* Well we only see the adult sea ponies in Firefly's Adventure and Escape from Katrina... and all the ponies in those two specials never appear in the cartoon at all! o.0 Maybe Firefly and her bunch were the ancestors of Gusty, Wind Whistler, Shady and all the rest that show up in the cartoon, which takes place many years after the first two specials.

If so, maybe the adult sea ponies have evolved into introverts that hide in the ocean by the time the cartoon is around, and only come 'up river' to spawn, like salmon, which is why we only see babies in Paradise Valley. XD

edit: Oh wait, Meagan's existence in both the specials and the cartoon ruins my theory.......maybe the Meagan in the cartoon is the daughter of the Meagan from the specials and looks just like her! XD
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:13:10 PM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 10:36:54 PM »
Dragonflitter: My theory with Megan and the changing of the ponyguard is that ponyland is like Narnia, different time passes between the places.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 10:37:58 PM »
Dragonflitter: My theory with Megan and the changing of the ponyguard is that ponyland is like Narnia, different time passes between the places.

I hope your right cause the idea of all the adult seaponies being dead is really sad ;__;

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 10:58:48 PM »

I hope your right cause the idea of all the adult seaponies being dead is really sad ;__;

well, notice that the ones that Meagan encounters are in wide open sea areas? And the ones in the show are in small ones? It could just be location location location.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 11:29:05 PM »
O_O this thread is a downer lol!

Offline RavenFeather

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 11:29:24 PM »

well, notice that the ones that Meagan encounters are in wide open sea areas? And the ones in the show are in small ones? It could just be location location location.

That makes sense too!!  Baby Ponies seem like they can't swim very well without the floaties, so maybe the babies swim in the shallower water in ponyland and the adults leave to swim in the deeper ocean?
 Thanks Bronely!

stormwing

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 08:31:20 AM »

That makes sense too!!  Baby Ponies seem like they can't swim very well without the floaties, so maybe the babies swim in the shallower water in ponyland and the adults leave to swim in the deeper ocean?

I like this theory much better than the adults not surviving the smooze! I think that explains it. Maybe it's like a migrational thing like with Sea Turtles.

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 08:52:04 AM »
I actually LOVE stories like this.. When we fill in the little plot holes all by ourselves.

Sometimes we have comics to help us figure it out like for example the long family history of the  Lion King characters that weren't in the movie was pieced together with comics and storybooks. In lew of any actual explanation a really good fanfic will do the trick.. in this case I think you might hit the nail on the head!! The poor seaponies got smoozed to death!
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 06:25:31 AM »
Well the Sea ponies show up with reasonable regularity throughout all the UK Comics and in many of the books released over here...so either the Sea ponies all moved to the United Kingdom or they were in fact fine and just a little camera shy when those tv & film cameras were around :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 07:50:22 AM »
I wonder where all the flutters and newborn twins went as well!

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 11:05:57 AM »

That is exactly how I thought of things too. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal