collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 726
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Tell me about blind bags and ponyville  (Read 654 times)

Offline licclefreak

• Trade Count: (+243)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • 90’s Girl
Tell me about blind bags and ponyville
« on: August 21, 2012, 02:29:39 PM »
I've been out of the collecting loop for a while. I am not into G4s but I think I am going to collect ponyville and the blind bag ponies. What should I be looking to pay for NM loose ones? Are any 'rare'? Please could you post pictures of those I should pay a bit more for?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 06:05:11 PM by hathorcat »

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tell me about blind bags and ponyville
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 02:57:26 PM »
For a start you can see all the blind bags hear-
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G4_Blind_Bag_Ponies

The second set ones will be hardest to find (most costly) as they only came out over seas, and there is a high demand for them. Though they might not be as hard as your in Europe.
Wave 1 is leaving shelves now but was out long enough that they should be abundant.
Wave 3 and 4 are coming out now in the US- though I see most people finding wave 4 and not wave 3 right now, so we may have shortages of that wave as well in the US which will up there prices.

There have also been two Toys R Us sets- the first one had 6 exclusives that might be a little more pricy as they are no longer on shelves. The second set is out now and has lots of repeats from wave 1 but also some of the rare ones from wave 2.

Most people on the Arena will trade/sell them at about store price $2-$3each. on ebay expect to pay between $3-$8 each and up to $15+ for some of the really sought after ones.

Other then that watch out for variants. The different releases of the glittery main cast tend to vary in shade- some quite drastically, Pink Twilight Sparkle being the most sought after (I think she hits around the $40 mark right now). and the single pinkie pie vs the blind bag pinkie pie have different eyes. I also noticed two shades of the first wave Flower Wishes one being more light pink and the other lavender. The Euro cards that come with them are different from the US cards. A bunch of the wave one Euro cards have color errors as well- like Pepperdance having green hair in her art work.

Offline licclefreak

• Trade Count: (+243)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • 90’s Girl
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 03:07:20 PM »
Thank-you. Very helpful.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 04:26:38 PM »
The thread at the top of the Corral shows pictures of each of the ponyville size blind bag releases.

As Sanadaookami says you should only have to pay retail on waves 1, 3 and 4 as well as the Mini Figures packs [3 so far, with 1 more confirmed as certain], TRU exclusive kiosk packs [2 of them so far] and the Target exclusive pack as all of them are still available in stores. Wave 2 is currently a different story as it has skipped the US and is out of stores in the rest of the world [never having made it to the UK either] - so some of them are starting to get a little expensive.

Good luck and they are addictive!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »
I don't know much about blind bags, or G4 Ponyville but I do have some Ponyville G3 figures. They're mermaids that I bought off someone here from the Arena  :) I absolutely love them and have the itch to get into collecting all the G3 Ponyville figures. They're very adorable and easy to display because of their size and lack of hair!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »
If you're specifically interested in the G4 line, you'd be better off referring to them as blind bags: that's what people know them by. Ponyville usually just refers to the G3 figures. They aren't as attractive, but they are a good size to interact with the newer ones, and they have some neat designs.
http://www.strawberryreef.com/Index/BodyType/ponyville.html
I'll put something here some time

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »
Light Pink Wave 1 Twilight is worth that much?! I may as well sell mine...

There are a few play packs of Blind Bag ponies that are available too, offhand one set contains Beachberry, Coconut Cream, Gardenia Glow and a few others. They are still the same size, moulds, etc as the blind packed ponies, and they come with their own art cards.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 06:09:53 PM »
If you're specifically interested in the G4 line, you'd be better off referring to them as blind bags: that's what people know them by. Ponyville usually just refers to the G3 figures. They aren't as attractive, but they are a good size to interact with the newer ones, and they have some neat designs.
http://www.strawberryreef.com/Index/BodyType/ponyville.html

Ponyville is a popular collectors term to refer to ponies in this style and size. Blind bag seems a little odd when the ponies are in open packets and most retailers refer to them as mini figures or kiosk ponies. I call the packaging blind bags but the ponies ponyville - but thats just me :) Everyone else can call them as they please of course!
Loa is my love god!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 06:29:00 PM »
I agree with you, Hathorcat, that makes a lot more sense. I've tried to to it that way, but then my Brony friends have no idea what I was talking about. *rolls eyes* Those guys!
I'll put something here some time

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »
I agree with you, Hathorcat, that makes a lot more sense. I've tried to to it that way, but then my Brony friends have no idea what I was talking about. *rolls eyes* Those guys!

Hey whatever works for each of us though isnt it lol! Mind you I still find calling the playful ponies "brushables" odd - because for me MLP are always brushable...but its becoming a popular reference so I guess I better get with the times! :P
Loa is my love god!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 07:39:31 AM »

Hey whatever works for each of us though isnt it lol! Mind you I still find calling the playful ponies "brushables" odd - because for me MLP are always brushable...but its becoming a popular reference so I guess I better get with the times! :P

I so agree with this^   I'm still debating on whether I count the blindbags/ponyville as "official" ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal