collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mean people stink... ebay rant  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Mean people stink... ebay rant
« on: August 19, 2012, 07:07:05 AM »
Most of the time folks that I deal with on ebay are super nice and everything goes well and then there are the few that ruin it.  I just had a buyer snatch up some lovelies from me and then I see my feedback today where she raked me across the coals and never had the respect or  honesty to message me about it directly.  I even contacted her about another pony that I thought she would be interested in before I listed her and she bought her straight away and was so happy to fill in that gap in her collection.  I gave her tracking information, I shipped immidiately in spite of a change in my work hours.  I mean those last two things are good service, contacting her about a pony she would like was great service I think (I wish someone would write me about a pony I want!!) and I still get slammed with no chance to make it right. 

I guess I just get so discouraged as I do everything I can to be helpful, friendly, and treat folks how I would want to be treated and then to have that happen is so frustrating.  How do you other sellers combat this?

Post Merge: August 19, 2012, 07:08:21 AM

I thought that I was in trader support, eep, can a mod move? :)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Mean people stink... ebay rant
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 10:14:42 AM »
What a jerk! I hate when buyers do this, it just hurts people and makes all us other buyers look bad. Ebay is such an easy tool for buyers, and then people have to go and ruin it by pretending the people on the other side of the web are not human beings with compassion. (Ha, too bad we aren't allowed to use more colorful language to describe how we really feel. Just know that we're all cursing for you!)
I'll put something here some time

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 10:27:30 AM »
I really don't get that at all O.o What was she complaining about in the feedback she left you anyway?

This is one of the reasons I'm abit weary to actually sell anything. I do have a bunch of ponies that I'd be happy to sell here on the Arena in order to get some spare cash for other ponies :P I know I'd describe it as closely as I could, post pictures of every detail if wanted, ship the same or the next day that I got the money and everything to make the buyer happy - and yet I fear I might run into those buyers who STILL aren't satesfied despite trying my best to make it so and completely trash my feedback score for no good reason :yikes:

I might build up the courage to actually sell one of these days, but untill then I can only say I'm impressed and very greatfull for those of you who do get out there and sell despite it all. How else would I get my hands on so many lovely ponies? :heart:

Ebay seems to be a nasty place for sellers though. If it's ponies maybe you should just stick to selling here on the Arena? Cuz' from what I've experienced and understand people are ALOT nicer around here :P

~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 05:17:51 PM »
*huggles AJG*  :hug:  I just had a lookie and thats some pretty confusing feedback :blink:  if she is so unhappy then why not contact you  first? and why leave a positive but with a neg comment?! :what:   some people there is just no pleasing, no matter how well you describe things, or how many favors you do them.. but this is another collector who knows you (ok so its via the internet but she has still talked to you peronally, she isnt just a random bidder) , so I would definitely have thought she would have talked  things over with you before leaving feedback if there was a problem :huh:  .
I would contact her and mention the feedback , then see what she says.  Or you could contact ebay, since those are negative comments but under a positive rating ,they should remove them ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Applejackgirl

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 06:45:56 PM »
*huggles AJG*  :hug:  I just had a lookie and thats some pretty confusing feedback :blink:  if she is so unhappy then why not contact you  first? and why leave a positive but with a neg comment?! :what:   some people there is just no pleasing, no matter how well you describe things, or how many favors you do them.. but this is another collector who knows you (ok so its via the internet but she has still talked to you peronally, she isnt just a random bidder) , so I would definitely have thought she would have talked  things over with you before leaving feedback if there was a problem :huh:  .
I would contact her and mention the feedback , then see what she says.  Or you could contact ebay, since those are negative comments but under a positive rating ,they should remove them ;)

I thought about doing those two too, just worried if it would blow up in my face, you know, go from bad to worse.  I looked too at her feedback for others and she has left the same kind of feedback, even for the Delaneys, so I guess that is just how she does.  It is hurtful though to think that you are doing it all right and then have that as the end result.  It happens.  I will get over it, I just wanted to see if others had such trouble.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 10:40:52 PM »
After reading over the feedback she's left for many other sellers, it seems that your buyer is *very* hard to please. I don't think there's anything you could have done to make her happier with her purchase. :hug: I think I'll be adding that one to my blocked bidders list.

I had a buyer leave a neutral for me once with a comment of "item not as good as described"... that was all, no message from the buyer to let me know she wasn't happy, nothing. It's not fun to be in that situation. It's best to just let it go, as hard as that might be.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 12:57:04 AM »
After reading over the feedback she's left for many other sellers, it seems that your buyer is *very* hard to please. I don't think there's anything you could have done to make her happier with her purchase. :hug: I think I'll be adding that one to my blocked bidders list.

Was the buyer's name mentioned? I'd be interested to know if you would like to share. I really don't need anyone buying from me and leaving poor feedback cause that is just "what they do".

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 07:05:34 AM »
Yes, please share with us who this troublesome Ebayer is!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 07:34:57 AM »
Ahhh *hugs* I am sorry AJG :( I have bought from you in the past and you are always amazing. Sometimes buyers are just so picky. Some people are also miserable and bitter and need a reason to complain. I would feel so angry that I offered this person an additional pony. Did you check to see if she dinged you on stars?

The one that always gets me is when buyers want you to teleport their item to them as soon as the auction ends. Makes me want to bang my head on my computer just thinking about it. I mean really? There are people starving in other countries and yet they are so spoiled that they cannot wait an extra couple days to receive a toy? Gah! Whoops, sorry, was that out loud? lol. As you can see, I have had my fair share of nasty buyers too ;)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 10:50:47 AM »

Was the buyer's name mentioned? I'd be interested to know if you would like to share. I really don't need anyone buying from me and leaving poor feedback cause that is just "what they do".

If Applejackgirl wants to share the buyer's name that's her decision. I know AJG's ebay id because we've had transactions on ebay, so I found the buyer's name by looking at her feedback.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 10:57:27 AM »
I'd also like to know!  Just in case I end up selling any of my ponies on ebay.

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 10:24:41 AM »
Hmm looking at all this...is there a "right to refuse service" policy on ebay?
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 10:45:16 AM »
Please do share. I just sold some pony items on ebay and want to make sure this wasn't the seller.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline Applejackgirl

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »
The ebay ID is available upon pm, she seems to be nice to talk to but she didn't say anything to me when she left her remarks.  I guess I should be thankful it is not negative. 

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:41:52 PM by Applejackgirl »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 04:16:08 PM »
It's just sad that she left you unfavorable feedback without trying to communicate with you first.  :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal