collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dollyhair slowdown?  (Read 6863 times)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Dollyhair slowdown?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 06:16:26 PM »
Me either! :D I think multiple sources is great so if someone's out of one color, the other has it.

Exactly! Especially when one supplier is lacking in customer service...

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2012, 06:20:47 PM »
Exactly! Especially when one supplier is lacking in customer service...

Inorite?! Replacing Black Magick with saran ... not cool.
(Not that I have anything against saran, but if it wasn't what you ordered, then wut ...)

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
The substitution of products without a notification is ridiculous - I like Kala wouldn't mind - but seriously what if someone was deathly allergic to saran and she sent it to her instead of nylon.

I can cofirm that retrodolls US is getting MLP nylon - pssh i even know the colors :)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 06:25:29 PM »
Right! how hard is it to ask? Especially when phone number is required when ordering.

Post Merge: September 09, 2012, 06:26:21 PM

And i don't mind Saran either. This time i did since I'm blending it with other nylon.

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2012, 06:26:52 PM »
yeah I had deep sea replaced with pacific ocean in a blend too.

That's exciting hearing the retrodoll is getting mlp nylon!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2012, 06:31:54 PM »
On another note about the new retrodolls US hair - I will be holding a raffle to help raise funds for more colors to be available- hopefully will be able to start it in a few weeks :)

vero14_70

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2012, 06:38:24 PM »
RDUS hair is from a different manufacturer but they're supposed to be getting in the same hair that Hasbro uses for MLP.
:D

Oh I see  :P

princeichi

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2012, 09:10:15 PM »
Oh wow so I'm not the only one who had an unwanted sub swap?

I ordered Daiquiri Ice, and got sent Atomic turquoise instead. I ended up just selling it to someone else who needed it, but I was still kinda mad. though, I ended up scrapping the custom it was for. x__x

I think my order ended up taking a total 4 weeks? though my 2nd order was perfectly fine and I got the twilight and unlucky clover in a very timely fashion.

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2012, 09:15:46 PM »
I've actually ordered quite a few different orders from Dollyhair recently, and I was well aware there would be a delay because of the notice on the site. I've never had an item swapped or subbed out, and she's always answered my emails within a day of my sending a message. I even inquired about an item that I had ordered between two other orders that hadn't arrived yet, and she offered to send another in case it had been lost [I jumped the gun, it showed up the next day]. I guess I've been lucky, because even with the wait times I've always been satisfied with the product and the service.

Thank you tinrobo!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2012, 09:25:02 PM »
That makes it even more worrying to me, Macabre. Why is she able to answer your e-mails in a timely manner and yet not reply to other customers who have sent multiple messages? Those inconsistencies are not a good thing. I've never run into problems with her and her service personally, but the huge increase in complaints and problems recently is hard to ignore.

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 09:39:29 PM »
That's strange, I've never had a problem either, my last 2 orders I placed in August took longer than usual, but that was expected and everything arrived exactly how I ordered it.
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 10:06:11 PM »
Time I jump in :huh: I had an order of mohair go missing last year and had sent several emails wanting to know what to do about it. Tina, or so I thought, gave me less than satisfactory responses and then finally let me know the mohair supplier had reshipped, about five months later. I was so disgusted with the whole thing that I stopped buying from her, and took every opportunity to promote RestoreDoll instead.

I got a PM months later, she had seen my posts (on the old Arena) regarding my displeasure with DollyHair and asked what it was that had happened. After emailing her about how disappointed I had been in communication she told me that the person I was in contact with wasn't even her. It was a sister or sister in law, or someone like that. She also said something about shipments being late..? I can't remember all the details now and lost the emails when I had to wipe my hard drive.

My point though is that it's not so sudden, and I know I'm not the only person who's dealt with subpar customer service before now. Tina did make amends with me by offering a bunch of free hair, and I have placed an order here and there since then. But I've remained leery especially when communication is involved because I had no indication whatsoever that I wasn't emailing Tina. In fact, the emails were even signed Tina! And apparently whoever I was really talking to never told her about it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 10:42:42 PM »
I'll probably send another email when I get home from work but i honestly don't expect a reply.
If its a matter of emails gettin lost in the Internet, there is still no excuse for it. Everyone experiences that from time time, but not to this degree. If it is honestly happening this often, then perhaps it is far past time to look into a new email provider.

If its multiple people handling the same email address and just not forwarding emails properly or communicating well .... I've got no sympathy. Hire someone else. There are plenty I people looking for employment in California.

princeichi

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 10:48:12 PM »
Oh I feel like I should mention that the communication I experienced was quick and courteous! She answered my questions about delayed shipping, and mailed my order the day after I bothered her. It came in about 4 days or so.

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
I apparently spoke too soon. I got home tonight and my order had arrived (strange on a Sunday, but whatever). The order is correct, and as far as I can tell, this being my first hair order, there doesn't look to be any major problems with it.

I will probably end up placing another order later this week, since I ordered a color that I was thinking about for a pony but feedback has given me other ideas. So yes, I will need some sort of orange hair for her, since I haven't gotten any solid leads off the hair trade thread. Thankfully the green I ordered should go wonderfully with the pony I just did the body painting on today. :)
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal