collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dollyhair slowdown?  (Read 6866 times)

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
Re: Dollyhair slowdown?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 11:11:21 AM »
Any new word about the slow down?

I placed an order almost two weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I'm fine waiting, I'd just like an ETA. Maybe I'll shoot an email.
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Zaphy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 11:18:03 AM »
I placed an order in the middle of August and got it the first week of September (the day after I'd sent her an email asking about it actually, looks like I jumped the gun on that one :P) so hopefully yours will show up soon :)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 01:02:42 PM »
Same here. An order was placed and it took about 3 weeks to show up.

Of course, when it did show up, she had replaced my MLP Nylon hair Black Magick, with Saran hair. Didn't even bother to ask me if I wanted that, or if I would prefer a refund. She didn't even respond to the email I sent her marked URGENT, telling her about the mistake.

There has been a LOT of bad customer service from Dollyhair lately, and I'm done ordering from her. I shouldn't have to send her email after email after email to get a problem resolved that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Now I have a hank of Saran that I'll probably wind up using as an "extra" in a swap box or something. I hate saran so much.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 02:36:07 PM »
My latest order that was paced while the delay message was up arrived right at the 2 week mark, which is about the same time frame as every order I've placed in the past. So while I haven't had any issues, I have to say I've been hearing a lot of horror stories that are really bumming me out. DH used to be really reliable and when there were problems the customer service was always great. For example I had a hair substitution like that in the past when a color was out of stock, but I received an e-mail about it before the package was sent out.

It seems like a lot is slipping through the cracks these days. Communication is way down and mistakes are being made. I hope this is a temporary thing and these kind of disappointments aren't the new norm. Tina is going to start losing a lot of business to sites that are better equipped to deal with customer needs.

Miserati

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 02:55:10 PM »
Although I don't like putting down DH because I've ordered from Tina a lot and I love her products I've been a little off since February/March.

I had a small order of mine (just 2 hanks) get lost in the mail somewhere between California and IL. After about 2 weeks I sent multiple emails to DH about it. The package finally arrived over 2 months later and it had been completely damaged, torn open and blackened by oil. Like it had been caught in a mail sorting machine. I once again mailed DH (with photos included) to ask if I could return the hair in exchange for an undamaged product and I never got a reply. I was given Tina's personal email address and tried there as well but was never replied to like all of my emails that expressed my situation were just ignored. The situation was remedied by Steff who sent me hair from her personal stash so I could complete my commission on time.

I have ordered from DH since then and I have even tried putting short messages about this issue in the "note" section of my orders to no avail. I still love DH products but I feel like the customer service is lacking.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 03:04:48 PM »
I still love DH products but I feel like the customer service is lacking.

This exactly. Ive got to the point where I have been hoping that someone else can figure out who her supplier is, and start up a rival company with better service. Heaven knows I've googled it halfheartedly, but never found any info.

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »
I've had numerous problems too, this last order I placed was massive, and in the notes section on it I mentioned the issues I'd had previously and that she hadn't fixed the problem like she promised to, she emailed me a couple days ago and referenced that note and asked me about it because she said she didn't remember getting an email on it. I don't know if she didn't get the email or just didn't remember getting it, but I emailed her and was even back and forth with her for a while on it, but she said it will be fixed now, so hopefully it will, waiting to get my hair to see
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 03:56:02 PM »
I still love DH products but I feel like the customer service is lacking.

This exactly. Ive got to the point where I have been hoping that someone else can figure out who her supplier is, and start up a rival company with better service. Heaven knows I've googled it halfheartedly, but never found any info.
That's really sad. :( If anyone finds another site to order from, I hope they share it.

I was pleased with their prices. It made me wary that they didn't list any sort of idea as to when orders ate filled/shipped, at least that I noticed. I also don't care for the fact that there is no way to check your order status on the site. A lot of the other issues I have with the site I can chalk up to my "graphic designer" brain and how I think it should be laid out.  :lol:
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 04:03:27 PM »
Aw, I'm really sad to hear about this... I've been using Dollyhair exclusively for a while, and while my last order went smoothly, I'm scared something bad's gonna happen...

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 04:05:43 PM »
it's been hit and miss with me, sometimes it's fine, other times it's all wrong.... seems to go wrong when I'm under a time crunch >_<

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 05:28:49 PM »
I had the same issue as Maniah, with my Black Magick being replaced with saran. I was not happy with it, so I emailed her. The response was that she can send me Black Magick in late October. I have since requested a refund, since I need the hair now. I also had a hank missing in my previous order, and I am currently waiting for a 3rd order to arrive. I hope nothing is wrong with it.

I also hope that someone else will start selling this hair soon.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 05:40:04 PM »
I've heard from a few friends that Retro Dolls US will be carrying MLP Nylon soon.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 05:41:08 PM »
I've heard from a few friends that Retro Dolls US will be carrying MLP Nylon soon.

I heard that too. I can't wait!

vero14_70

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 06:04:28 PM »
It tooks about 3 weeks too for my order of august to arrive.
Thought I live in Canada.
Everything was fine except my daiquari ice got changed for mermaid without asking  >_<

I ordered from Retro doll and I got my order correctly. Good service  ;)
My order from Retro doll US should arrive next week I think and again a good service as well.

What you mean that Retro doll US will have MLP Nylon? She doesn't already have?  :blush:

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 06:14:16 PM »
I heard that too. I can't wait!

Me either! :D I think multiple sources is great so if someone's out of one color, the other has it.

What you mean that Retro doll US will have MLP Nylon? She doesn't already have?  :blush:

RDUS hair is from a different manufacturer but they're supposed to be getting in the same hair that Hasbro uses for MLP.
:D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal