collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need some advises for my next custom ^_^  (Read 259 times)

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Need some advises for my next custom ^_^
« on: August 17, 2012, 01:34:32 AM »
I hope someone can give me some nice tips for my next project  :)
I am making a custom pony for my uncle, he's not into ponies of course so I would like to create something funny for him. He likes frogs so I used a green Minty donkey pose bait and I am painting on it a fat frog with a gangster hat on it's head LOL
I'm gonna sew a shirt and possibly make a tie too for this custom.
But I would like also to give it a gangster hat and a cigar LOL and also I really need to know how to make short curly hair  :)
I wouldn't like to sculpt as I never did it and I am afraid to bake, how can I do so? Is there someone that have some nice suggestions?
Thanks in advance!  ^.^

lilacamy931

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Need some advises for my next custom ^_^
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 02:49:16 AM »
I am sure the experts are going to  be able to help sweetie but can I say sweet! froggie with gangster hat!!

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:29:05 AM »
Hmm I Think the only part of this I can offer advice for it for the hair. Depending on the size curls you want, you can wrap pony hair around straws, Q-Tips, Coffee Stirrer straws (Not the flat ones).. You will lose about half the hair length, maybe a bit less, if you go with a normal straw.

Do you want him to have like, afro curls? Or more wavy curls? Do you want it to be a mane, or to be a short mess of curls along the neck?

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 05:34:56 AM »
Oh thank you Maniah!
I would like small wavy curls and short as I would like it looks like a male pony  :)

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 05:48:28 AM »
http://seraph-lena.deviantart.com/art/Minari-298333252?q=gallery%3Aseraph-lena%2F34552695&qo=6

If you like the curl size of the curls on that pony, I think I used a larger milkshake size straw. I portioned the hair off in sections and wound it around the stray, securing it at the top and bottom with bobby pins. Then I dipped the straws into a pan of simmering water for a minute or less, then I pulled it out and let it dry. Once it was dry, I pulled the pins and straws out of the hair. This gave me straw curls. Basically a long tube of hair. I gently separated each tube into looser ringlets like you see in the picture, using the end of a rat tail comb, and my fingers. If the curls are still too tight, you can rinse them with cold water and it will help them relax a bit.

Oh! Use conditioner when curling. I wet the ponies hair first, then apply conditioner. I rinse it out mostly, but leave a bit on there. The hot water will strip the rest of it away. But this really does help keep the hair softer.

So for you boy curls, I would start will hair longer than what you want.. Give yourself enough to wrap around the straws (I cut the straws down to size for the hair). Then once it is all done and dry and curly, just start snipping bits off the end till it is the length you want. I would go a little at a time, because the weight of the hair can help to pull it down longer, and as you cut it, it gets lighter, so may spring up a little higher due to the curls.

I really hope I made sense. I just got off work and am a little tired lol

Offline lovelauraland

• Trade Count: (+127)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelauraland.com
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 05:51:14 AM »
if its waves you would like you should plait the hair and either leave it for a while for a soft wave or pour boiled water over it and leave it over night for a crisp wave. :)

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 05:58:15 AM »
Thanks guys!
@Laura, I did this way doing my Lady tardis pony =) but now would like real curls! As Maniah got exactly what I am looking for!!!  :)
Thanks so much Maniah, I will grab some straws and will try your method!  :lovey:
Can't wait to try new things!!! ^_^

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 05:59:59 AM »
Have fun! Can't wait to see how it comes out! Since you are using a Minty, it seems you won't be doing a FBR so you don't have to worry about protecting your paint job. It should be pretty easy.

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 06:03:03 AM »
oh LOL if I have troubles expect a pm XD but yes it's a G3 minty ^_^  I don't think I'll have troubles in fact, lets hope I don't mess everything!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal