collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 43144 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #1230 on: September 04, 2012, 06:14:20 PM »
They want to make sure you don't go and sell the defective doll on ebay and make a profit. MGA has people do that on the heads of their defective Lalaloopsies.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 04, 2012, 06:40:40 PM »
I guess I'll wait before shipping Howleen to her new home in case they want me to write the numbers on tape to put on her leg as well. I hope they don't ask me to send her to them or something. :/
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #1232 on: September 04, 2012, 07:53:54 PM »
I just got back from a weekend in the Twin Cities (MN) from the MN pony meet and went on a MH buying binge.  I found Nefera, Operetta, Rochelle, Robecca, B&W Skull Shores Frankie Stein, SS Ghoulia, SS Lagoona, and GR Draculaura!  However, I just found out that I can get Operetta, B&W Frankie Stein, Rochelle and Robecca on Amazon for a cheaper price with free shipping than what I paid for them!  May just have to order them and return the ones I bought to their respective stores.  Only thing that sucks is that I would have to wait a few weeks to return B&W Frankie, Rochelle and Robecca because I bought them at TRU and the nearest is an hour away.  Sigh.  At least I found Zecora (at the inflated $15 price) and all but 2 of my needed wave 3 blindbags.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Argentum-Zeena

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1233 on: September 04, 2012, 10:19:08 PM »
I know that on MHDolls and Tumblr people have admitted to making false reports in order to get a free doll or voucher. Mattel's probably cracking down on that behavior.
 It really sucks when some people ruin it for the rest :/

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 04, 2012, 10:22:30 PM »
That's crappy. they're sending me a voucher for my Howleen with a defective arm, but honestly I'd be happier with a new arm.  Because voucher or not, her arm is still going to be wonky, and my target already sold out of the 2 packs.  I'd feel like crap if I scammed Mattel out of money.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 05, 2012, 02:26:36 AM »
Rumours on the grapevine say that Robecca and Venus have been spotted in Queensland, for Aussie fans  :cheer:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1236 on: September 05, 2012, 04:02:47 AM »
I'm super excited for two reasons:

1) I traded my unwanted Home Ick Frankie for Venus!

2) I am trading some signed prints of my photos for a MIB Scarah!

:frolic:

Offline Clementine

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 05, 2012, 04:43:26 AM »
Rumours on the grapevine say that Robecca and Venus have been spotted in Queensland, for Aussie fans  :cheer:
That's good news :D
At first I was dying for Robecca and could not care less about Venus but thanks to everyones super pretty pictures I think I actually want Venus more now! There's just something about those eyes...

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #1238 on: September 05, 2012, 06:06:14 AM »
That's good news :D
At first I was dying for Robecca and could not care less about Venus but thanks to everyones super pretty pictures I think I actually want Venus more now! There's just something about those eyes...

I was the other way around - I wanted Venus more, but then saw gorgeous pics of Robecca and needed her first.  Finally got Venus yesterday!

papier

« Reply #1239 on: September 05, 2012, 09:29:57 AM »
I found Robecca!! :D I decided to check the Argos by my work, not really expecting anything, but they had four dolls and one of them was Robecca. The other three were Abbeys, so I'm still on the lookout for Venus. I was even thinking of leaving at one point because the woman in front of me was taking soooo long. Glad I stayed!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 05, 2012, 10:01:38 AM »
So they are definitely showing up in the UK then? How much was Robecca? Need to know that my overdraft can take another hit if my local Argos has them...

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 05, 2012, 10:16:03 AM »
So they are definitely showing up in the UK then? How much was Robecca? Need to know that my overdraft can take another hit if my local Argos has them...
She'll cost £16.99 :)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 05, 2012, 10:19:58 AM »
Thankyou! Just noticed they are on Tesco Direct too, although they are currently out of stock. Think my overdraft can take a hit on one of them, may pootle down later and see if they have them in stock... :D

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

papier

« Reply #1243 on: September 05, 2012, 10:22:31 AM »

She was £15.96, as they are selling the single dolls for £1 off.

The thing is, the distribution is really weird. I checked one of the other argos stores near me yesterday, and they had the same old Abbeys and Operettas. So some are getting them, and others aren't, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the store area. There's a third argos I can get to maybe on saturday to check for Venus. If you still can't find either girl by then, Pinkamina, I can see if I can get a Robecca for you at the weekend and hold onto it if you don't want to delve into your overdraft.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 05, 2012, 10:28:26 AM »
I'm after Venus more so than Robecca, it depends who they have. Are the dolls on display in store? I hate going in and asking to see the selection of stuff they have if it's all in the warehouse, usually I go in and I've already got the ones they bring out, I feel so guilty for sending them all back again! :blush:

And thank you for your offer :hug: I will go to my Argos tonight and see who they have and get back to you :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal