collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 43354 times)

Offline Dakashy

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dakashy's Tumblr
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #705 on: August 25, 2012, 07:31:55 PM »
Clawd is my least favorite, specially how he is represented in the webisodes, he's more of a weredog than a werewolf!

And since I'm thinking about it:

-Draculaura is either a time traveling vampire or the show is set in the year 3000. If she is 1600 years old Dracula cannot be her dad, if he was born in 1431 he'd be 581.

-Ghoulia is so fast for a zombie due to all the fast food she eats: preservatives!!

Alicat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #706 on: August 25, 2012, 07:38:02 PM »
I dislike...Operetta! *hides from fakies*
I just don't think her pink skin goes with the rest of her theme :/ And I was disappointed to since I'm a HUGE fan of Phantom of the Opera

I am with you on that one! I got her because I wanted pics with her mom and dad ( I have the Barbies), but she has been stuck on the shelf ever since! I am also a POTO cannon shipper, and have NO IDEA why she sounds like a hick! I see NOLA, being a French city, but she sounds like she is from Mississippi, not creole!!!!!!!!!!!!!  don't even get me started on the rock-a-billy, lol! OK, end rant!

most of the boy dolls are bad, IMHO. I don't really like Jackson, or Clawd, or Deuce. The clothes they have for them are atrocious and they aren't very proportional. I do like the Gargoyle boy and Gil the best.

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #707 on: August 25, 2012, 07:43:22 PM »
I dislike...Operetta! *hides from fakies*
I just don't think her pink skin goes with the rest of her theme :/ And I was disappointed to since I'm a HUGE fan of Phantom of the Opera

I am with you on that one! I got her because I wanted pics with her mom and dad ( I have the Barbies), but she has been stuck on the shelf ever since! I am also a POTO cannon shipper, and have NO IDEA why she sounds like a hick! I see NOLA, being a French city, but she sounds like she is from Mississippi, not creole!!!!!!!!!!!!!  don't even get me started on the rock-a-billy, lol! OK, end rant!

Ah yes, the surprise I felt when I heard Oppie's voice. If there's an MLP:FIM fans out there (I'm guessing most of you) I excepted her to more Octavia and less Applejack...

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 25, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Cleo as a doll. She's one of my favorite characters, but her doll isn't very pretty. And I HATE her fashion pack. They had so much to work with, and they gave us that. >.< But my least favorite doll of all is CaM Ghost. She seriously scares me, and not in a good way. That face mold and facial features... *gags*

My favorite is Ghoulia, but I really hate when she's given the poofy hair with the bangs.
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #709 on: August 25, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »
LOL. Got to talking to a girl while I was shuffling through the MH dolls and she pulls Rochelle and tells me she wants Rochelle. I said, "I have her. She's really pretty."

The girl looks at me all wide-eyed and goes, "You collect them?" I said yes and she replied, "That's awesome." Ha ha! She was so cute!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 25, 2012, 08:13:55 PM »
lol I've never had an experience like that. The only encounters I ever had were sad ones. One time long ago, this little girl and her mom were looking around the MH section which was picked clean only a few dead tired dolls. I was like: "Oh no, are there no more MH dolls??" the mom was like "Yeah, today we were going to get her first MH doll too." I felt kinda sorry for them and the little girl said: "They never have any MH dolls..." >,<; She just sounded sooo disappointed. She didn't break into tears, didn't have a tantrum or anything. She just walked off with her mom disappointed.

Did the Walmart you call by any chance have Venus like they said??
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #711 on: August 25, 2012, 08:17:55 PM »
SO MANY WIGS. I went to Meijer and they had liv wigs clearanced for around $1, so I bought 4 (plus one I got last week when they were clearanced not-so-cheap.) I really have no use for most of them, but I couldn't pass them up! I was hoping one of them would make me love the dragon girl, but no luck, so she'll have to go in the "for sale" pile.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #712 on: August 25, 2012, 08:21:50 PM »

Nope! Drove out there (20 minutes) and they didn't have any sign of her. I went to Customer Service and informed them that I was told they had her and that they needed to figure what the heck happened because I just drove out to the other side of the city for no good reason if they don't have what they told me they had.

They finally got me a manager and he pretty much told us that if she's not on the shelves, she's not in stock and they don't have her. I was going to order her on Amazon, but she's already sold out for the shipment coming in on the 27th and she's back to $40.

I'm going to be sending Mattel an e-mail concerning their distribution. It would be nice if they could set buy limits, too. The manager I saw said that when new dolls come out people will show up at 6 a.m. and grab every single doll they put out so that they can sell them at obscene prices online. I want to see Mattel back up brick-and-mortar stores with better stock. I am seeing that a ton of Amazon merchants are carrying them and overcharging for them. It would be nice if Mattel took measures to control this better. It's just ... it's uncalled for. Do I need to start showing up at Walmart early and punching every jerk who comes to get the MH stock to rob people of their hard-earned money? 'Cause I'm considering it.

Ai from Aurora

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 25, 2012, 08:25:35 PM »
lol I've never had an experience like that. The only encounters I ever had were sad ones. One time long ago, this little girl and her mom were looking around the MH section which was picked clean only a few dead tired dolls. I was like: "Oh no, are there no more MH dolls??" the mom was like "Yeah, today we were going to get her first MH doll too." I felt kinda sorry for them and the little girl said: "They never have any MH dolls..." >,<; She just sounded sooo disappointed. She didn't break into tears, didn't have a tantrum or anything. She just walked off with her mom disappointed.

I've had that experience, except that the mom and child were my niece and I. No place had them, and the only thing my niece wanted for Christmas was Draculaura. There were NO MH dolls to be found anywhere. I called Wal Marts and other stores, and finally found a Draculaura at a TRU, an hours drive away. I hate driving in the snow, surrounded by idiots at Christmas time, but I braved the weather and morons  for a doll for an 8 year old.

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 25, 2012, 08:27:31 PM »
Reposting my question because it got buried!

I haven't bought any clothes on Etsy yet, but here are some victorian-era-ish clothes I found for Monster High. You might be able to commission these sellers for something more specific.

This seller has some dresses that are modern twists on Victorian fashion. Maybe they could be modded a bit?
Thebestdolldress

She's got some nice ones, too:
JonnaJonzon

Good luck in finding what you're looking for.

One that doesn't have much currently listed but has done some Gorgeous ones in the past (check the sold link below ) and might do custom work- I've been meaning to ask- is deisdollhouse. http://www.etsy.com/shop/deisdollhouse/sold?ref=shopinfo_sales_leftnav

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #715 on: August 25, 2012, 08:28:15 PM »
Ah, I'm sorry about that! Scalpers are just pathetic. I seriously doubt they could set/enforce a buy limit though. It would be pretty impossible to enforce and I'm pretty sure people would find their way around it. As unfair as scalping is, limits would be just as unfair, really.  :huh:.

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 25, 2012, 08:29:48 PM »
I'm going to be sending Mattel an e-mail concerning their distribution. It would be nice if they could set buy limits, too. The manager I saw said that when new dolls come out people will show up at 6 a.m. and grab every single doll they put out so that they can sell them at obscene prices online. I want to see Mattel back up brick-and-mortar stores with better stock. I am seeing that a ton of Amazon merchants are carrying them and overcharging for them. It would be nice if Mattel took measures to control this better. It's just ... it's uncalled for. Do I need to start showing up at Walmart early and punching every jerk who comes to get the MH stock to rob people of their hard-earned money? 'Cause I'm considering it.

Bummer. That crap drives me insane. My local WM didn't have MH dolls for months because of scalpers. The guy who stacks the shelves at night said that there was a woman who bought ALL the MH dolls no sooner than they were unloaded off the truck. I think the WM manager finally said something to them. Hopefully Mattel will take your suggestion to heart.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #717 on: August 25, 2012, 08:32:28 PM »
Ah, I'm sorry about that! Scalpers are just pathetic. I seriously doubt they could set/enforce a buy limit though. It would be pretty impossible to enforce and I'm pretty sure people would find their way around it. As unfair as scalping is, limits would be just as unfair, really.  :huh:.

Yeah, I know. It's naught but a pipe dream. Plus Mattel doesn't give a crap who buys the dolls, so long as the dolls are selling. So they never would, either way. Oh well.

I'm pretty appalled by the lack of stock here. I'm not real sure whether it's scalpers or if it's just Mattel. I just know I'm going to end up having to pay $35+ for this doll and I'm pretty mad about it.

Ai from Aurora

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 25, 2012, 08:39:59 PM »
Yurusumaji-I'd be willing to keep my eyes open for her. I've seen her a bunch around my area. And I just picked one up Friday for another member here. Just let me know if you would want me to do that.

Novavelle

« Reply #719 on: August 25, 2012, 08:43:57 PM »
Yes but at the same token if they put a buy limit none of us would be able to help each other I have bought more then 4 of a lot of dolls only to turn around and sell them to collectors at cost. So if I couldn't do that I couldn't help out fellow collectors

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal