collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 43190 times)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2012, 09:55:55 AM »
I'm really upset about my Nefera. I think I'll have to ring Mattel UK. Bet my mum will think I'm a total idiot. :huh:

It's just that... everytime Nef gets photographed, she requires hair maintenance and changing and styling at least 10-12 times before the seapage isn't noticeable. It's got out of control now. Problem is, my friend bought her for me, and I have no receipt. Just gonna have to beg Mattel, I know where Nef was bought so I'll just hold out hope. *Sigh*

Really makes me consider giving up monster high is this problem isn't sorted, it's a complete disappointment :(

This is very upsetting. :( I'm planning to get Nefera as my next MH and it definitely irks me that so many of these dolls have seepage issues. I know Mattelshop has Nefera in stock, so maybe you could get a replacement, but would it really be any better?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2012, 10:00:27 AM »
*pops in from lurking* About the glue problem, I've found that shaking baby powder inside the head of the affected doll sems to help a lot. I did it for my Toralei, who seems to have the beginning stages of leakage, and it seems to have stopped it.
This is actually a really really good idea. I use it on my own hair when I'm too lazy to wash it, as the talc in baby powder is a claylike substance and naturally absorbs grease. I'll have to try it out on rochelle and see if it helps.  ^.^

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2012, 10:04:19 AM »
Really makes me consider giving up monster high is this problem isn't sorted, it's a complete disappointment :(
As terrible as it sounds, this exact same thought had popped up into my head a couple of times, maybe more than once or twice. :(

Am I the only one that thinks Mattel should take a break for 2013 after the Scaris line to start over and re-release the signature dolls everyone missed out on but with fixed issues such as the glue seepage. I know it's probably the most unethical, dumbest idea in business anyone could ever come up with since Mattel wouldn't care about collectors as long as they sell their cases to stores, but maybe it could slow down the scalpers? iono, I'm just thinking out loud right now. =_=;

Also if they have this seepage a lot, imagine after the holiday season when most of the dolls are sold, they'll be getting a whole lot of complaints about it.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2012, 10:10:46 AM »
As terrible as it sounds, this exact same thought had popped up into my head a couple of times, maybe more than once or twice. :(

Am I the only one that thinks Mattel should take a break for 2013 after the Scaris line to start over and re-release the signature dolls everyone missed out on but with fixed issues such as the glue seepage. I know it's probably the most unethical, dumbest idea in business anyone could ever come up with since Mattel wouldn't care about collectors as long as they sell their cases to stores, but maybe it could slow down the scalpers? iono, I'm just thinking out loud right now. =_=;

Also if they have this seepage a lot, imagine after the holiday season when most of the dolls are sold, they'll be getting a whole lot of complaints about it.

I don't think it's all that bad of a business idea, actually. Think of it this way ...

MH is continuously getting new fans, young and old(er) alike, and Wave 1 is really hard to find these days. So while you can say little girls and boys who have been into this line for a while might already have Wave 1, the new fans might not. It re-opens Wave 1 to everyone and it's basically the same thing Hasbro is doing with some of their G4 stuff, such as (hopefully) FS Applejack and Rarity. A show of good faith can almost always work in a company's favor in the long run.

Ai from Aurora

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2012, 10:12:57 AM »

I feel this big time. Whenever I think about another doll to add to my collection, I feel on edge about having another doll with this bad a problem. As much as I love my Rochelle and Nef, I really am considering just selling them as they are and not getting replacements, after all, there is probably 99.5% that they'll have exactly the same problems, and since I cannot rehair professionally, I'd worry too much about screwing up a rehair :(

As for re-releasing wave 1, girl I gotta give you a :hug: ! I really want them to be re-released, I want a chance to own a perfect Sig Clawdeen, and I would actually buy most of them if at retail, I wouldn't worry about glue seapage because they would have sorted it, that's if miracles come true!
God why am I so annoyed/upset over a doll? Well, I don't know, probably because I got it in a trade where I traded one really expensive HTF item for two MH dolls, I don't regret it, just wish Mattel would buck their ideas up. I hate the new leg pegs too, I want elastics back!

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2012, 10:13:17 AM »
The whole glue seepage problem sounds like such a pain. I haven't noticed it in any of my dolls yet, I dont really do too much with them though so maybe that helps. I can see where all of this would be extremely frustrating. Especially when you are putting so much money into buying them. If I had any with that issue I would make a complaint as well, hopefully with enough people making complaints about them Mattel will realize that it is more of an issue then they know of. I'm sorry to hear that so many of you are having to deal with this issue :(
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2012, 10:19:17 AM »
The whole glue seepage problem sounds like such a pain. I haven't noticed it in any of my dolls yet, I dont really do too much with them though so maybe that helps. I can see where all of this would be extremely frustrating. Especially when you are putting so much money into buying them. If I had any with that issue I would make a complaint as well, hopefully with enough people making complaints about them Mattel will realize that it is more of an issue then they know of. I'm sorry to hear that so many of you are having to deal with this issue :(

Yes, thankfully they're not my two most favourite dolls (well actually I have three favourites) but I fear my Robecca and VeVe may get it, and I'm petrified of that happening. They're two of my three faves.

I so want Dead Riding Hood, out of interest, anyone got her and want Meowlody in exchange? Let me know! x

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2012, 10:36:52 AM »
I'm almost thinking of starting a FaceBook group focussing on those who have the glue/oozing problem.....maybe Mattel would take notice then?

I, too, think its big BS that there's no other complaints about this issue....I've emailed the lady from Mattel back and told her about the phone call. I will make sure something will be noted..... when it comes to trying get answers from a business or whatever, I'm like that bad pimple that nevers goes away....I keep coming back!  :P

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »
Man, hearing all this about glue seepage worries me.. :C I haven't seen it in any of my dolls yet (knock on wood!) but it sounds so troublesome. I'm on vacation but I really hope I don't come home to dolls with glue in their hair!
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2012, 10:57:19 AM »
I'm almost thinking of starting a FaceBook group focussing on those who have the glue/oozing problem.....maybe Mattel would take notice then?

This might be a good idea. If you can spend some time rounding up people to join the FB page and get them talking about which of their dolls has seepage, how bad it is, what they use to control it and how often they need to clean the glue out, you can send it to Mattel. If you do, you can let me know and I can at least get the word out on Tumblr. dA is another good place to recruit people from, as well as any MH specific forums.

Ai from Aurora

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2012, 10:59:45 AM »

I feel this big time. Whenever I think about another doll to add to my collection, I feel on edge about having another doll with this bad a problem. As much as I love my Rochelle and Nef, I really am considering just selling them as they are and not getting replacements, after all, there is probably 99.5% that they'll have exactly the same problems, and since I cannot rehair professionally, I'd worry too much about screwing up a rehair :(

As for re-releasing wave 1, girl I gotta give you a :hug: ! I really want them to be re-released, I want a chance to own a perfect Sig Clawdeen, and I would actually buy most of them if at retail, I wouldn't worry about glue seapage because they would have sorted it, that's if miracles come true!
God why am I so annoyed/upset over a doll? Well, I don't know, probably because I got it in a trade where I traded one really expensive HTF item for two MH dolls, I don't regret it, just wish Mattel would buck their ideas up. I hate the new leg pegs too, I want elastics back!

I think rereleasing dolls sounds like an awesome idea!  It's not like some of them were easy to find to begin with.  I'd love to have another shot at getting DotD wave 2, Love at First Bite, and Signature Jackson. :/ 

I absolutely hate the new legs too.  I have several peg legged (haha) dolls with legs that kind of....lock in and out of place and kinda get stuck that way, so it looks like the doll has one leg longer than the other.  I noticed it was especially bad in my I <3 Fashion Frankie. :(  Please stick to changes that actually improve the quality of the dolls, Mattel.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:01:20 AM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »
How do you guys store accessories? Do you just chuck them all in a bag together or bag and label with who it came with? I think the cauldrons and such are cute, but ehh...shelf space is hard to come by and I'm not wasting it.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2012, 11:05:29 AM »
How do you guys store accessories? Do you just chuck them all in a bag together or bag and label with who it came with? I think the cauldrons and such are cute, but ehh...shelf space is hard to come by and I'm not wasting it.

I have tons of MLP and LPS accessories. If there are a lot of accessories (like with my Nendos), I will put them in a ziplock baggy and label it and then I will put it in the bottom of my fishing tackle box where I also keep loose accessories that are small, like LPS and some MLP. I label those with long, skinny post-it notes, so I know what everything goes to.

Ai from Aurora

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2012, 11:06:20 AM »
I use zip-lock bags, this was asked about a month ago and the overall response was zip lock bags and small drawers :)

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2012, 11:09:52 AM »
I use zip-lock bags, this was asked about a month ago and the overall response was zip lock bags and small drawers :)

sounds good to me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal