collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: preserving stickers?  (Read 603 times)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
preserving stickers?
« on: August 15, 2012, 09:14:09 AM »
I own exactly one G1 sticker, Sweet Stuff, and it's currently stuck to my Speedy. The glue has melted, so it will peel off easily enough, but I'm not sure what to do with it if I removed it. What would be the best way to preserve it? Just stick it on some acid-free paper maybe? I'm afraid to do that, though, since I guess that would be permanent.

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: preserving stickers?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:16:24 AM »
I like to keep mine on sticker paper ...if you dont have any old stickers lying around I say buy a pack remove some of the silly stickers and cute paper in a square and place sticker on it so if you ever want to put it somewhere you can. I keep all mine in a sticker album but I recently saw someone had framed there which was way kool to have out for display...

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:21:39 AM »
...and I just got rid of some sticker paper too!

But, is that OK for long-term? It won't discolor the sticker? I do like the idea of framing it though; I don't want to get an album for just one sticker, and I don't plan on getting more.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:33:19 AM »
If you check the stickers some will say they are acid free and the like, I would use paper like that.  For albums all our stickers are stored in archival pages, that way I do not have to worry about them.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 10:55:17 AM »
Oh I like this thread! My boyfriend found me one of those carrying cases that look like a stable and it has 2 puffy stickers stuck on it. I've been wanting to remove and preserve them somehow but didn't know how to go about it.

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 10:59:56 AM »
I'm not really sure of the reliability of this method, since I don't collect stickers, BUT when I was kid I used to save my used stickers on waxed paper from the kitchen drawer.  They all peeled right back off if I ever wanted to use them again. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 12:48:49 PM »
It depends if you want to buy something specially or use something you have around.

Craft shops - the kind which sell home made card items - will stock a type of card stock which has a glossy sheen on which you can put stickers on and then peel them off. Often they also stock blank sticker paper backing for storing home made stickers. As others have mentioned you could also use any sticker backing which you have - just make sure its acid free.

Alternatively any piece of silicone coated paper [such as real parchment paper] which you have or even an actual sheet of silicone [you can get that from a fabric store] will allow for a sticker to be carefully stored.

None of the above options will discolour the sticker [unless you buy coloured silicone] although over time and depending on the conditions the sticker is stored in you may run the risk of the sticker afixing a little more permanently than you would like. Any discolouring will come from the glue on the sticker - as its see through it could potentially turn yellow over time so the easiest option would be to store it sealed [even if thats in a frame].
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 01:00:18 PM »
Hmm, well I doubt I have any stickers around currently that are acid-free, but thanks for all your suggestions! I'll have to figure out which is going to work best for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal