collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Delay in TRU Favorites Collection! Ugh! Talked to TRU rep on page 2  (Read 10431 times)

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Delay in TRU Favorites Collection! Ugh! Talked to TRU rep on page 2
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2012, 05:07:02 AM »
Well, I got a shipping notice for my Zecora, and my Favorites Collection has arrived.  I have to say, I am really sad about the way they cheaped out on DJ Pon-3 and just printed over the regular unicorn eyes.  It looks terrible!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2012, 06:10:15 AM »
Well, I got a shipping notice for my Zecora, and my Favorites Collection has arrived.  I have to say, I am really sad about the way they cheaped out on DJ Pon-3 and just printed over the regular unicorn eyes.  It looks terrible!
This. I haven't seen the set in person yet, but that was the first thing I noticed in people's pics of her. The fact that you can still see the eye outline through her glasses really bothers me.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2012, 06:40:14 AM »
Me too -_- And for this set we pay $40...? Sigh. If it wasn't that they're some of my favorite characters I wouldn't even consider buying the set.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Daiyuflower

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2012, 06:46:25 AM »
Me too -_- And for this set we pay $40...? Sigh. If it wasn't that they're some of my favorite characters I wouldn't even consider buying the set.
If it wasn't for Nightmare Moon, I would be totally disappointed with the set.  She looks great though :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2012, 06:56:25 AM »
I got mine yesterday, yaaaay! It was in a HUGE box, lol! Only slightly crushed though ;)

I'm happy for you guys that Zecora is starting to ship!! :)

Edit to add that I'm also very disappointed in DJ Pon-3 (who is a boy in my herd) The glasses don't even go all the way around the eye outlines, bleh!
My Wish List

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2012, 07:57:19 AM »

Why I understand your frustration with this quality issue if they had done a new mold or retool to do just that one pony you would be paying twice what you are paying for this set.  I appreciate to you die hard FiM that it is horrible but still Hasbro is overall marketing this to kids as well as collectors (it is being sold at a toy store after all) and are keeping an eye on there bottom line.  Not saying it makes it right, but maybe it will give you some insight as to why.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2012, 08:13:16 AM »
I wish they gave DJ some glasses  that weren't painted on.
I'm having a horrible time opening the set up...  I'm going to cut myself on the plastic or with the box cutter, it won't budge.

Offline Daiyuflower

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2012, 08:17:46 AM »

Why I understand your frustration with this quality issue if they had done a new mold or retool to do just that one pony you would be paying twice what you are paying for this set.  I appreciate to you die hard FiM that it is horrible but still Hasbro is overall marketing this to kids as well as collectors (it is being sold at a toy store after all) and are keeping an eye on there bottom line.  Not saying it makes it right, but maybe it will give you some insight as to why.
I'm not really a "die hard FIM" fan, I just don't like poor quality in my ponies :)  And honestly, I wouldn't mind paying more for better quality.  Without a mold retool, they could also have just made some plastic glasses for DJ Pon-3 that would look better than the wonky print she has now. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2012, 08:24:08 AM »
I would definitely have paid more for some higher quality ponies...

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2012, 05:55:02 AM »
Got a response from customer service. I wrote them to let them know that I was disappointed in the way this was all being handled, with pre-orders going unfulfilled while stores are getting new stock of the same item.  I flat-out asked them if my order was at risk of being cancelled because I got in on the BOGO deal.  Here's the response: 

Thank you for contacting The “R” Us Family.

I understand that you do not want to cancel your order, but unfortunately that item has been discontinued and we will no longer be receiving anymore in stock.  I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.  With your permission, I would like to extend the offer to cancel your order for you. Please reply back to this email, letting me know your answer.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our offices at 1-800-ToysRUs (1-800-869-7787). Anyone who answers may be able to assist you.

Thank you once again.

Sincerely,

Nathan 6683
The “R” Us Team

I told them again to NOT cancel my order, that I would wait out the time limit since some people are slowly getting their oders filled.  I asked them to forward my comments on up the ladder.  This was handled poorly and a lot of their good customers are getting jilted, and this is feedback TRU needs to hear if they're are sincere about their customer's feelings. 

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2012, 08:18:40 AM »
My second BOGO Collector's set (the non-free one) shipped yesterday. So TRU has now completed all my online orders.
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2012, 08:32:01 AM »
Got a response from customer service. I wrote them to let them know that I was disappointed in the way this was all being handled, with pre-orders going unfulfilled while stores are getting new stock of the same item.  I flat-out asked them if my order was at risk of being cancelled because I got in on the BOGO deal.  Here's the response: 

Thank you for contacting The “R” Us Family.

I understand that you do not want to cancel your order, but unfortunately that item has been discontinued and we will no longer be receiving anymore in stock.  I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.  With your permission, I would like to extend the offer to cancel your order for you. Please reply back to this email, letting me know your answer.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our offices at 1-800-ToysRUs (1-800-869-7787). Anyone who answers may be able to assist you.

Thank you once again.

Sincerely,

Nathan 6683
The “R” Us Team

I told them again to NOT cancel my order, that I would wait out the time limit since some people are slowly getting their oders filled.  I asked them to forward my comments on up the ladder.  This was handled poorly and a lot of their good customers are getting jilted, and this is feedback TRU needs to hear if they're are sincere about their customer's feelings. 
We know that's bull because Diamond has said that there is a massive order for them. I really think they are being pushy about cancelling because of the bogo. Their mission is probably to get as many orders cancelled as possible, so there's less they have to fill and less money they lose. So of course they are going to lie.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline elliptacolore

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2012, 09:22:15 AM »
The canceling of bogo orders is pretty nonsensical. I along with many others I assume had the favorites pack as the more expensive item. I was already shipped my "free" White Celestia.

So if/when my order is canceled they will be losing money not gaining any at all unless they up and charge me the 20 bucks for her. Which would be incredibly shady as they already charged me tax and shipping for the entire order. I'm at a loss here >.<

I check at least twice a day to see if the status is ever not "back-ordered" this is far more annoying that it needs to be. My order will be auto canceled on the 7th so hopefully something lucky one way or the other will happen before then. I'll keep checking the tru's near me in the mean time.

:cry:
Pokemon Friend code!

Ellipsis 4742-4669-1315

My Safari is Steel.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2012, 09:46:55 AM »
How can something even be considered discontinued when it hasn't even hit store shelves or hit the hands of the folks that pre-ordered her?

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2012, 12:35:56 PM »
I think maybe the guy just didn't see the item on the website and assummed it had been discontinued. There was a small mixup like that when I called TRU's phone number regarding Zecora.

My second set from the BOGO shipped earlier this week; hopefully  more of you will get similar notifications soon. 
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal