collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it worth it?  (Read 1235 times)

ThatFameMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
Is it worth it?
« on: August 12, 2012, 09:24:18 AM »
Hi guys.
I really want the Cadence + SA FS set but sicne it's not in the uk yet I have to buy it from ebay or another place.
It's quite expensive and I don't want to end up paying customs fees :cry:

My first question is, does anybody have a rough idea when they're going to be in stock here? Is it worth waiting? (I am a very impatient girl!)

My second question is, does anyone know roughly how much it would weigh and how much customs fees would be? I actually have no clue how it works because all I know that my mum had to pay £30 for importing a gold necklace. Now I know this is only ponies but it looks quite weighty.

If anyone could help I will really appreciate it! I'm also hoping to get Luna and Celestia soon as well.

edit: It's around £31 with postage atm
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:28:27 AM by ThatFameMonster »

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: Is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 09:32:18 AM »
I don't know how much it will help but at Target it cost me $24.99 plus tax (almost 10%.)

Luna and Celestia went on clearance. I don't remember what their clearance price was.

Edit to add
The customs fees are on the value of the ponies.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 09:36:05 AM »
The tax you pay is usually related to the price of the thing you´re importing (like, the percentage of the price and shipping). What you can do to avoid it though, is get someone nice enough here on the arena that is willing to pick it up for you and send it to you marked as a gift (and you just pay them for the item + shipping and handling). You can even get them to unpack it as it should cut down on the shipping cost ^^
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

ThatFameMonster

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 09:45:31 AM »
Thanks guys for the info. Somebody has PMed me about it already! ^^
@Vintergatan What do you mean by handling? /nub :P

starlightcomet

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 09:51:07 AM »
My first question is, does anybody have a rough idea when they're going to be in stock here? Is it worth waiting? (I am a very impatient girl!)

Over on UKofEquestria (UK based My Little Pony Friendship is Magic forum), a member (RainbowBandit) emailed HabsroUK about ToysRUs / Target exclusives like White Celestia, the Favorites Collection (with Vinyl Scratch etc.) and also the Fashion Cadence/Shining Armor. Unofrtunately the responce was:
Thank you for your email.

Most of the lines listed you have enquired about are collector lines and are only available to retailers in the US either exclusively at Toys R Us or Target.
As the brand popularity continues to grow in the UK, so too will the toy offering - but at this stage we don’t have any plans to bring these particular sets to the UK.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and interest in My Little Pony.

With Best Regards
Kate

Consumer Affairs
Hasbro UK Ltd
http://ukofequestria.co.uk/threads/guys-guys-guys-its-here-collector-set-packaging.2895/page-7#post-116976

Also other members on that forum have gotten similar responces:

Quote from: Tamsin
Yes unfortunately although shipping is expensive a lot of items are going to have to be brought from America.
However , I've been informed that Lyra and Trixie will be crossing the pond as the next wave of brushes with the wedding mane 6 , alongside that Sunny Rays and Cherry Berry I believe.
The fashion Luna and celestia are not coming here, neither is the TRU packs , I.e cadence and SA fashion ponies, the rainbow collection etc.
I also hear the mini sets will be coming here in autumn

Quote from: Takoto
e-mailed Hasbro a few weeks ago and they said they didn't have any plans to release Princess Luna-related merch over here [UK]...
http://ukofequestria.co.uk/threads/new-swag-in-britain.4100/

It's a real shame... I think it is partly because the show isn't on at a great timeslot on TV over here, but anyones guess is as good as any really.

My second question is, does anyone know roughly how much it would weigh and how much customs fees would be? I actually have no clue how it works because all I know that my mum had to pay £30 for importing a gold necklace. Now I know this is only ponies but it looks quite weighty.

As others mentioned, the custom fee is based on the value of the item itself. The weight only changes the cost of postage/shipping. The limit is £15 on importing items into the UK, if it is over that amount there is a fee. For something marked a "Gift" the limit is £40.
Check out this thread:
http://ukofequestria.co.uk/threads/ordering-from-abroad.4055/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:54:33 AM by starlightcomet »

ThatFameMonster

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »
Thank you for all that info!
That stinks badly  :cry:

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 09:58:13 AM »

oh, hehe, I simply meant that it would be ok for whoever is doing you this favour to charge you a tid bit extra for, say, gas because they had to go and pick it up for you, or shipping materials etc. Many people don't do that though but I personally find it ok if someone wants to ^^
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

ThatFameMonster

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »

oh, hehe, I simply meant that it would be ok for whoever is doing you this favour to charge you a tid bit extra for, say, gas because they had to go and pick it up for you, or shipping materials etc. Many people don't do that though but I personally find it ok if someone wants to ^^

Oh thanks for clearing that up!  ^.^

Gogobinsin

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 10:00:40 AM »
Yeah I've bought a few ponies from the US and each time the customs form has been marked as gift which helps with expensive items. If it is not marked as a gift though then it needs to cost £15 or less to not have import duty/tax added to it. For the FS set you enquired about you would need to make sure it was marked as a gift otherwise there will be something extra to pay before you can pick it up/have it delivered because of the amount the set costs with shipping - if the seller is honest and puts the true value of the item on the form that is :) Really sucks that we're not getting those sets or exclusives here :( I NEED ZECORA!! :lol:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 11:32:06 AM »
As much as the information direct from Hasbro UK is interesting please remember that its coming from customer service agents who are not always up on the most accurate details. We have seen plenty of correct but also plenty of misinformation from them in the past. After all this was the same information we got from them last year but then Tesco suddenly stocked quite a few of the Target exclusive items. At the moment its a no but its always a possible the items could turn up in the future.

You will be best posting over in TS for information on shipping items regarding prices and customs - as thats where you will get the most accurate advise on the whys and why nots of customs charges in the UK :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal