collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sellers would you want to know?  (Read 597 times)

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
Sellers would you want to know?
« on: August 11, 2012, 11:13:57 AM »
There's a pony seller on eBay who always posts gorgeous pictures of her items. I've bought from her a few times and I was so pleased with my first several buys. When I decided to slow down on my pony buying I was still waiting for a single pony from this seller. But when the pony arrived it had obviously been put into the mail sealed in a Baggie with a wet mane and tail. The hair was still damp when I opened the Baggie. Now the seller states that she washes all ponies so I figured it was probably just overlooked on her part. People get busy and I'd had so many great transactions before that I let it slide. The wet pony was a little smelly but once she was washed and dried out she was fine.

Well recently I was browsing her auctions and I ended up buying a few more ponies from her. I was so surprised when they all arrived wet again. I'm confused because her pictures are so pretty. Does she wash the ponies for pictures and wash them again before sending them out? I had to wash these ponies again once I realized they were wet in their baggies again. I'm happy to have them in my collection but just confused as the first ponies I bought from her went easily from package to shelf. They looked perfect right out of the bag.

So my question is this, do I send her a message about this? Would you want to know? I wouldn't want her to keep sending wet ponies to people and have the ponies arrive damaged if they stay in the mail a long time and/or travel through extreme climates.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:15:31 AM by keylimepony »
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: Sellers would you want to know?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 11:20:11 AM »
I certainly wouldn't want to receive a wet pony. Especially in the heat we've been having in the US.

wet pony + heat + closed baggie = mold

Yuck!

Edit to add

So yes, please tell her. She could be receiving a bunch of "Not as described" complaints otherwise.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 11:38:32 AM »
I know as a seller I would definitely want to know.  It is probably not done deliberately just a matter that they were not properly dried, as in tipping them over so all excess water drains out there tail hole.  But even then it can still happen.

I would send them a polite message and explain what has happened like you did here.  I am sure they will have a better explanation for you as to why this keeps happening.  And hopefully they can look into correcting the problem.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 12:04:07 PM »
As ponylady said, I doubt the seller sent them wet on purpose either. Sometimes water gets trapped inside & after shifting around in the mail, that water finds its way out through the tail hole or mane plug holes. I've left ponies dry standing upright for a week, then tipped them over & had moisture come through the tail hole. I'm sure the seller would take a polite email to help her avoid this in the  future much better than receiving negative feedback from an unhappy buyer.

Offline Binkyfinder

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Binkyfinders-Toy-Chest_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 01:56:23 PM »
I'd be mortified if I knew I was sending wet ponies.  I'm sure that he/she has no idea that this is happening.  I've had wet ponies arrive in the mail and sometimes it's difficult to remove that musty smell.  I'd definitely want a buyer to tell me if their ponies were arriving wet.

Thanks Baby Paradise for the siggy!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 07:08:37 PM »
I would definitely want to know. Even if you want nothing in return, let her know.

One time, a buyer told me a cookie jar I sent got chipped. It wasn't a big chip and she swore up and down that she didn't want anything. But I was happy to know.

I mean, it was wrapped in so much bubble wrap I still don't know how it happened but it's still good to know.

I take it all the ponies are in excellent shape and look just like the photo? If so, I too have no idea why this is happening.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 05:11:56 PM »
I had this happen to me as a buyer once. I contacted the seller and she had no idea the ponies were still wet and she thanked me. It happens when they arent drained properly. She prolly washed them , thought they were dry, took the pics, and then left them standing up until they sold. Once they got packed and went in the mail, the trapped water started to leak out through the tail  :awake:
If the seller doesnt realise she isnt draining them properly then she will probably keep doing the same thing, and if the mail gets delayed the it could be that future buyers end up with moldy or rusty ponies that werent that way in the auction pics or when they were first posted out :yikes: .   A  message thanking the seller for the ponies but then politely explaining about the wet tails, should be appreciated. I know I'd want to know if I was the seller ;) 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal