collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Custom opps question?  (Read 353 times)

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
Custom opps question?
« on: August 10, 2012, 01:31:27 AM »
Oh my I made an opps! I was so excited to try this new paint on my Halloween swap pony....I forgot I wanted to ad a sculpted symbol *facehoof* So now what do I do I can't bake an already painted pony..can I try sculpting the symbol and glue it on.  :huh:

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Custom opps question?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 01:37:13 AM »
Hmm if I were in your shoes, I would take another pony in the same pose and sculpt the symbol onto it then bake it and pipit off and glue it onto the original pony.

Otherwise you will need to strip the paint off before sculpting so that it doesn't get messed up in the oven.

If you are worried about the symbol not popping off, you could maybe wrap some Saran wrap around the pony first, then gently peel it off and bake it on a tray instead of the pony?

Or get some apoxie sculpt and sculpt the symbols on with that since it doesn't need to be baked!

Offline gemini_pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 01:39:31 AM »
I want apoxy sculpt but i have no clue where to buy it :/ I will try your suggestion though!

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 01:56:17 AM »
You can buy apoxie sculpt on Aves' website:  http://www.avesstudio.com/index.php  I highly recommend it, the stuff is awesome.  I bought the 1 lb container and a little goes a very long way.

Offline gemini_pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 02:02:11 AM »
Oh perhaps I will just order some then! I really neeed it anyway. Is it hard to work with?

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 07:27:26 AM »
It's not hard to work with but I have an allergic reaction to it.  It's a chemical reaction and the fumes make my eyes swell and my hands break out in an itchy rash.  I have heard it called other things but I just have a sensitivity to it I guess.  So I use a barrier cream or gloves when I work with it. 

Otherwise it's awesome stuff! Once it cures it is hard as a rock.  I have cut into it/drilled holes into it/dropped it on the floor.  It's very hard and not very porous so it takes paint well also.  Easy to smooth and work with.  If you just need a small amount I can send you a glob if you don't mind paying for shipping.   
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »
It's not hard to work with but I have an allergic reaction to it.  It's a chemical reaction and the fumes make my eyes swell and my hands break out in an itchy rash.  I have heard it called other things but I just have a sensitivity to it I guess.  So I use a barrier cream or gloves when I work with it. 

Otherwise it's awesome stuff! Once it cures it is hard as a rock.  I have cut into it/drilled holes into it/dropped it on the floor.  It's very hard and not very porous so it takes paint well also.  Easy to smooth and work with.  If you just need a small amount I can send you a glob if you don't mind paying for shipping.   

I think I read PoniesYeah had the same issues of working with it. And, if memory serves, the reaction that people have to the stuff is to the chemical in ONE of the parts.. When you mix them together, a chemical reaction occurs that neutralizes it. So for her, she just tried mixing it up with gloves on, let it sit for half an hour, then worked with it and had no more problems.

It could be worth looking into anyway :) You could send her a PM about it and see if my memory was right.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal