collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony wedding outfits  (Read 915 times)

Offline BlueBelle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Pony wedding outfits
« on: August 09, 2012, 09:31:48 AM »
I noticed that the pony wedding figures they are selling in the stores don't really match how the ponies dress in the wedding episode. Kind of bugs me.
I was just wondering what everyone thought about that and if anyone has tried to make their own outfits to fit what's on the show?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:42:10 PM by hathorcat »

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: Pony wedding outfits
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 09:43:29 AM »
Show accurate can be fun, but it's also not really necessary for me. To be honest, I thought the bridesmaid dresses on the show were pretty ugly colors. and clashed, and not in the good way. Just my opinion though, so it doesn't bug me that they're not accurate. In fact, I don't really recall as a kid playing out things perfectly according to the show. I used them very differently and made my own stories. Maybe releasing them with alternate dresses encourages this? XD

I'm sure pickier collectors will make their own accurate outfits though, which will be cool to see :)

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:16:44 AM »
I also found the dresses ugly on the show. :huh: I did like the flower tiaras, though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 01:48:03 PM »
Personally I dont find it important for the show to match the toys - I collect toys so their relevance to the tv show is largely irrelevant to me. In honestly so far I find all the G4 clothes attempts a little lacking - we were spoiled with the effort in G1 :)

However, I completely understand that for some people it is the opposite and that they would prefer toys were show accurate - perhaps someone who has had an attempt about recreating the dresses will pop along to share pics? :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 01:54:51 PM »
The broneis weren't happy about the "gala" dresses that came out in the Canterlot line last summer.

Making a show-accurate dress for a playful pony sized toy would be so expensive, so I would be extremely surprised if they did so. The same with the wedding dresses, too.

Hasbro needs to balance quality and quantity, hence why the dresses are really made out of two pieces of fabric and some velcro. It doesn't bother me personally, since I know that Hasbro is a business.

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:57:26 PM »
Some of the wedding outfits had really questionable colors.  Like Cadance's dress is lovely with gold, aqua, and white... but then there's a HUGE dark pink bow on the back!
(I'm doing a cosplay of Princess Cadance, so I'm taking a few creative liberties with it!)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 02:27:07 PM »
I'm not a big fan of pony clothes in general, so the non-show accurate ones don't really bother me. However, I'd be more inclined to buy the FS ponies if they came in their Gala dresses. THOSE dresses I liked! The wedding ones, not so much...
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 03:14:50 PM »
The dresses from the royal ball set were rather boring. The wedding dresses however are really cute and I even bought Rarity and Fluttershy.

fantail

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 04:19:44 PM »
I made a Fluttershy Gala dress that I posted in the brag arena a bit ago, but here it is again  ^.^

and I plan on making all of the gala dresses as well as the wedding dresses sometime when I have more free time. I don't mind at all that Hasbro doesn't make show accurate clothing, because as Phekzhen said they would be expensive (and time consuming!, or at least for me they are). Also, it makes my little Fluttershy feel more unique :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 05:08:01 PM »
Thats a lovely picture fantail!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 05:53:40 PM »
Yes Very Pretty fantail!!  I wish I was more gifted in the sewing area.

I also have been disapointed in the G4 clothes.  I also wish they would make the dresses more like the ones on the show.  Especially the gala dresses.  The regular size ponies are so small though so I can understand how they may have trouble making outfits with great detail for them.

I hadn't even planned to collect the fashion style ponies because I've always thought they were to big but the outfits for the G4 Fashion Styles are so cute!  I ended up getting them all. (didn't like RainbowDash's much though) At least these fashion styles are a little smaller than the previous ones in G3.
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 07:16:42 PM »
I never really cared enough about the clothes to see if they were show-accurate. I strip my ponies as soon as I debox them and throw their clothes in a big ziplock bag, never to be used again.  :yikes:

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 08:30:32 PM »
I honestly like the wedding dresses on the toys.  But then again, I like the toys, but I don't like FiM much, so it doesn't matter to me if they're show accurate or not. 

Offline BlueBelle

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 08:34:20 PM »
Thanks for your replies everyone. Lots of good points. I may just go with what they come with, I'm not big on sewing. But I have a friend who sews....hmmmm! Idea! Lol

What I plan to do is set up the wedding scene. I just need to start getting sets. Got the castle, now I just need all the wedding Ponies. Anyone own a money tree? Lol

I don't know about u but I think the prices on all the G4s are a bit high. I mean they are teeny ponies after all. Sheesh. And the castle was way overpriced but I like that version of Cadence and Shining Armor the best. Good size too. The fashion ones I don't like. I barely like the others but I love the show so I gotta have the figures!  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:37:56 PM by BlueBelle »

BronySD

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 09:49:26 PM »
I've never been a big fan of clothes on my ponies but with the wedding poniesI don't mind so much. Yes the dresses aren't the best quality but I think they are cute none the less. Whether for display or just to play with, I think it's what you do and how you style them that makes the differance. Here's a few pictures of mine minus Twilight Sparkle. Enjoyvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:40:47 PM by hathorcat »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal