collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cutie Pops!  (Read 15983 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Cutie Pops!
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2013, 09:52:08 AM »
I love the pink do-nut pops and can't wait to find those. So far, I have had no luck.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2013, 02:43:41 PM »
The pop packs have been pretty hard for me to find. Only the TRU has ever had them, but they're not always in stock.

Offline fizzy_pop

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Shoo be doo, shoo shoo bee doo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2013, 08:23:21 PM »
Hiya CP thread!
I have been tempted by these cuties for a long time, and finally caved and bought my first yesterday! The movie set with Starr and Popcorn.
I love them both! The pops are so addictive and I love playing with them.

Aaaanyway, I was a little disappointed to find Starr's clothing didn't seem to be made to be removed. I had to cut the thread holding her jacket to her dress, and wiggling the dress off of her body was difficult. It was even more difficult to get her dress back on!
Has anyone else with Starr tried changing her outfit? Or am I crazy for snipping threads? xD

Cutie Pops are such big dolls, and I don't have much room for display left so I was hoping to buy just Starr and then buy the add on pops/clothes packs.  :)
Also what kind of stands, if any, have people tried for their cuties?
:lovey:

mickey

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2013, 09:42:45 PM »
Hi, I never took Starr's clothes off but I have taken others off with no problem.I also left her hair up, did anyone else take her hair down?  Mine are just sitting or standing on a shelf.  I love them.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2013, 10:18:20 AM »
I have Starr and Popcorn, but I've never removed Starr's outfit. Like Mickey, I've never had any problems with any other outfit swapping I've done.

The only stand I've ever put one of my Cutie Pops in is the Decoration Station's stand. Jada Toys seems to take a lot of photos of them in Blythe stands (or knock-off/look alike/etc stands). They're really cheap on eBay, so I think they're a good option. I might buy a few for myself now, actually.

Offline fizzy_pop

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2013, 08:14:34 PM »
Ah okay, Starr's dress doesn't have a velcro strip which is what made me think she wasn't made to be undressed.
I left her hair up because those buns are super cute!

Cool, thanks for that info! I'll do some Blythe stand hunting, I prefer to have my dolls standing. It usually takes up less space. ;D

Well, my original plan of only having Starr and Popcorn has bitten the dust. I bought Chiffon today, the Sweets version. Her clothes were just way too cute!
I don't really like her yarn hair falls though, too much yellow. They would've looked much nicer pink with yellow accents I think.
I do have plans to customize her into a cuter pastel princess, so I'm going to see if I can customise her hair falls too.  ^.^
I really want the Sweet Dreams hair and eyes pack, but haven't seen it in Australia, and eBay is crazy pricey. :/

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2013, 08:37:36 PM »
If you try customizing the yarn falls before I take a stab at customizing some hair, you should post photos! :D I've seen one set of custom hair on Flickr, but nothing else. It looks like they'd be really easy to customize though.

All of my poor Cutie Pops are stuck in a drawer piled on top of each other. xD I should go in and arrange them better.

I have the Sweet Dreams pack and its lovely. I don't like the open eyes much (I prefer black outlines over colored ones), but the hair is adorable. I'm going to go Cutie Pops shopping soon, if you want I can see if TRU has it.

Offline fizzy_pop

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »
For sure, I will! At the moment I'm trying to find as much info and custom pics as I can to see what other people have done. :D

Aww, hahah, that must be the cutest drawer ever though!
I have a doll shelf, so I'm gonna try and squeeze my Cutie Pops on when I do get stands. They will look so odd amongst my MH crowd. xD

Eeeee, that would be amazing if you found an extra set! I love the pastel eye outlines and the lavender hair. It's the best pop pack ever! :D
I would appreciate it so much, as would my Pops. ;3

I hope Jada release more clothes packs too, I only really like the PJs and I'd love more cute dresses/leg warmers/skirt and top sets.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2013, 09:36:43 AM »
Firstly, TRU has the Sweet Dreams pack for $10. Feel free to PM me if you'd like it, Fizzy!

Last week I bought the last outfit I needed, Fashion Pups Dalia, Hattitude Sydney, and Hattitude Bianca. I was debating whether I should buy FP Coletta or H Dakota, but I decided to wait. And I'm glad I did, because that was the last Cutie Pops purchase I'll be making.

But before we get to the bad, let's start with the one good part: the outfit pack.
Spoiler
Although the pants are a bit short, I'm very happy with it! The shoes are totally adorable and I LOVE the pops. The sleeves of the shirt are easy to get caught in the fingers so I wouldn't take it on/off a ton (even with being very careful I snagged one and got a lot of strings that needed to be cut).

IMG_7839 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7840 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7844 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

This is Chiffon's official winter outfit! I love it!

Winter Is Here by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7858 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

And here's a quick comparison of the outfit popsicle VS Ice Cones pop pack popsicle. Obviously, the Ice Cones one is much nicer. Its larger and incredibly realistic (the glitter not being on the sticks does wonders).

IMG_7846 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

I also realized that one of my Ice Cones pops was broken. :/

IMG_7849 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

After that, I immediately pulled out Sydney.
Spoiler
My first reaction is how much I dislike her shirt. Its too bright. Her shoes and pops are great though, and I love them.

IMG_7869 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7872 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7868 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

Her hair is okay. The disgusting shade of brown streaks in her bangs are really nasty. The new eyes are lovely, but wow those bangs. Ugh.

IMG_7878 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7876 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

For those that don't know, the 'hats' are more like headbands. I already knew this but it still sucked on top of everything else. The hats feel well constructed and are made of soft fabric that doesn't feel cheap.

IMG_7887 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

When I went to inspect the dolls after everyone finished their photoshoots, I realized why Sydney's neck looked so weird. Its because her head is too far down!

IMG_7908 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

Next I looked at Bianca.
Spoiler
She's already miles ahead of Sydney. Her pops and shoes are great, and I LOVE her dress!

IMG_7889 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7890 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7891 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7896 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

However, I don't think the orange shoes suit her so I went to swap them with Sydney (with plans to buy Dakota to give Bianca the perfect shoes). That plan quickly fell apart. The short shoes are a little bit of a pain to remove, and the tall ones are VERY hard to remove. I had to heat them with a blowdryer and was still terrified that I'd snap her ankle. The orange shoes were immediately tossed aside and destined to never be used - and they were one of the BIGGEST reasons I was excited for Hattitude. Anyways, the purple shoes look way better on Bianca.

IMG_7899 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

Unlike Sydney, Bianca was a lot of fun to photograph. Her color palette is just so much better. While I greatly disliked Sydney and didn't want to spend time photographing her face, the exact opposite is true of Bianca.

IMG_7900 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7901 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7902 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

And then it was time to pull out Bianca's hair. Its a lovely deep black that I was very excited for. . .until I actually got it in her head. It looks okay in the first photo, but I can't get the elastic band around any of the hair (only around the clear hairless plug the Hattitude girls come with) so it looks a little lame. But once I got the hat off, I realized how dumb the pitch black hair looks against an all white scalp and striped white/black bangs. Every bit of hair should have been white and black, or at least black stripes on the scalp too.

IMG_7903 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7904 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7906 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

And lastly, we have Dalia.
Spoiler
In person, I thought Dalia was by far the cutest. But her outfit looks cheap and my lamp couldn't do her beautiful skin tone any justice. At this point I just wanted to be done. Her shoes are an interesting style but seem like they're a little big for her tiny feet.

IMG_7909 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7917 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7921 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7913 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

I was so excited to see her yarn hair. . .and it was just another disappointment. Her yarn hair is about half the size of the original yarn hairs, so it looks thin and cheap. The original reason I wanted Dalia was her yarn hair, and Coletta's yarn hair was the thing tempting me the most to buy her.

IMG_7922 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7933 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7926 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

To my surprise, I love the dogs. They felt solid and sturdy while I expected them to feel cheap. They were the only part of Dalia's set that wasn't a disappointment, and were in fact a wonderful surprise.

IMG_7928 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

IMG_7930 by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

After I finished photographing everyone, I decided to check their knees and necks. I know Toybox Philosopher has had a LOT of trouble with CP knees, but I'd only had trouble with them once or twice (but much more often with necks). Every single knee on every girl was barely able to bend, and Dalia and Bianca had stiff necks (but Sydney's head was way too far down, remember). For a while I considered exchanging Dalia and Sydney (Bianca's panda theme is too special to me) for older CP dolls, like Sweets girls or maybe Lolli or even the last hair pack I don't have. But I decided that I didn't want to do that. I love all of the CP dolls I already have, but this was just too much bad all at once.

Walmart gave me cash when I returned them (which I still can't believe!) so I bought a mini Lalaloopsy, Lala-oopsy seapony, and Disney Store's "Its a small world" Kenya. I'm MUCH happier with those purchases. I might eventually try and get Lolli or Sweets Candi, but beyond them I won't be making another CP purchase unless I'm picking something up for someone else.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 14, 2013, 05:17:14 AM »
It's a shame you had such bad luck. Of course that is kinda to be expected with playline dolls from smaller companies that don't have the resources of a Mattel or even a Hasbro or MGA. I imagine the early Bratz back when MGA was just starting out had some hiccups here and there. I wonder if there is anything that can be done to make problem knees and necks work better?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2013, 12:49:17 PM »
Ahhhh! I can't believe it! Tulagirl made me an outfit for my girls, complete with 'pops', bows, and accessories!!! More photos here!

Summer So Snappy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

mickey

« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2013, 01:44:30 PM »
LOVE- outfit is so cute! :)

mickey

« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2013, 01:20:56 PM »
I got Hattitude Dakota , and candi with a blue party dress on today. So cute!  I have all except Dahlia now, and  Swirly Brights  chiffon, and the Cutie Pops Crown Cuties Crystalina and Pearlina Doll-though I never saw those yet in stores.

BowtieG1

« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2013, 01:42:46 AM »
I'm starting a cutie pops collection soon, but I'm located in England and all I can find online other than eBay (where everything is £50+!) are the original 3 dolls and Movie Night.

Does anybody know whether the other Cutie Pops have made it to the UK yet?

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2013, 06:45:24 AM »
All I know about Cutie Pops in the UK is that the original three girls have different pops (and the blonde has a different name, Eclair in the UK and Chiffon in the US). I'm not sure if you already knew that or not.

Its gotten a lot harder to find them in the US. Maybe they're just not popular so stores are dropping them?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal