collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else's Target like this?  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Anyone else's Target like this?
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »
Posted in another thread- but I thought I'd ask in a new one for better response!

I checked out my local Target today for the new CE stuff, only to find that the entire toy section had been shuffled around. Lo and behold, the ponies have dissapeared! No empty pegs, shelf space, or price stickers for them, either. I asked an employee, who was new and confused, who gave me a confusing, "There should be stuff somewhere" response. I mentioned that the last time I was in, they had been clearencing the pony stuff, and I thought it had been to make room for the new wave of toys. He pointed me to the clearance aisle and walked away.

So what gives? I'm kinda panicking that my Target has discontinued the ponies, which seems unlikely. I've gotta go back tomorrow to pick up my roll of film, so I'll see if anything was unpacked in the meantime, or if a more knowledgable employee can give me any leads. I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 06:09:06 AM by hathorcat »
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else's Target like this?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 06:10:36 PM »
One Target around here did the exact same thing.  It was the first to start the reset, so I was *constantly* checking it for ponies, and it ended up being the last of at least 10 Targets in the area to actually put out the ponies.  However, eventually they popped up again.  There were no ponies and no tags for ponies anywhere for a good two weeks.  However, the Target that did this is now fully stocked with ponies again.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 06:23:04 PM »
My Walmart did that and finally and employee just told me "we don't have ponies anymore." :( I haven't checked back, so maybe they just didn't have any new pony toys in at that time.

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 06:25:18 PM »
This frightens me.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »
Our Target rearranged a bit. But instead of ponies it was LPS. The LPS moved and the ones that didn't fit were on an end cap away from the new pet section.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 06:31:50 PM »
That's really weird! All the Target stores in my area have the new stuff in, and a pretty significant amount of shelf space. I hope they're not really getting rid of the ponies for good! :(

xoVanille

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 06:33:59 PM »
They most likely flexed out other toys to fill the space until they set/get the toys in. I wouldn't worry too much about it, it could be that they don't have the product/enough product or they're behind and flexed stuff out until they can set it.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 06:35:20 PM »
Walmart is shuffling everything.  Target had a bunch of the new stuff last week, now needs restocking.  Checking TRU tomorrow.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 06:37:38 PM »
I hope not! It would seem odd to completely shift out a toy line that sells as well as it seems to.

Thankfully the three Targets in west Madison all have ponies, and I'm gradually learning which ones stock new toys the soonest. XD
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »
My Target did something similar, they moved the whole toy section about 50 feet to the left of where it was! It was to make room for their new electronics section. Chances are if ponies are gone they will be back when your Target is done shuffling around. They're always in the aisle with the Loop De La (or whatever that doll is called...) stuff.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 06:45:22 PM »
Thanks for the input, everyone. I checked Target's website for the royal couple FS pack, and the mysterious Target has it as out of stock while the others in a 10 mile radius have them as available. Considering the fact that mystery Target never had them on the shelves, I guess they never got them in. Come to think of it, when I asked an employee to check the codes for the BB 3 pack a few weeks ago when others had been getting them, they weren't in the system. Guess my Target is either late or done with ponies.
link

Offline xdartfrogx

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I love my frogs and geckos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 09:27:02 PM »
They probably are just slacking on completing the reset. The ponies moved over an isle here, so they are on the isle past the one that has lps. I'd just give it some more time. Theres no way a target would stop carrying mlp, as target has their own exclusives. They'd loose money if they did!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 09:33:34 PM »
I imagine they'll be up in a little while :) I don't think they understand us frantic collectors want them NOW though :P

I went to Target today and the brushables were so picked over! They had new stuff, but the only brushables left were the main six wedding ones and some Glimmer Wings. I so wanted Lyra, Trixie, and the others :( I did manage to get the rainbow set with Emerald Rays though. I really want to get Shining Armor and Cadance, but I don't want to pay $35 for the castle. Wish they sold them separately!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 12:48:24 PM »
Still nothing today. According to Target's site, pretty much every pony product is out of stock there, but in stock at the other local Targets. The mystery continues...
link

FlutterShySweetie

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 02:21:09 PM »
Im on Long Island with multiple targets nearby and a bunch have had pony items on sale :(, I haven't seen too many of the new released at them either.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal