collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fanfiction?  (Read 1213 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Fanfiction?
« on: August 07, 2012, 09:48:01 PM »
Okay, so as my interest in one of my all time favorite fandoms (*cough*TMNT*cough*) has been steadily increasing these past few weeks,so has my desire to write fanfiction. Something I haven't done in YEARS. I actually only posted one fanfic before, and it was only one chapter. I went back and found it...and was SO excited! Sure, I need to rewrite a little bit of it, but most of it simply due to poor grammar and the like, the actual plot still has me just as stoked as when I first started writing it. I'm extremely ecstatic about this since, as silly as it sounds, it's been a long time since I've felt actually passionate about writing (even with my OC's, so it's really disheartening to realize this), and I'm already plotting a ton for my old fanfic and my new ideas.

So I'm curious, how many other fanfic writers are there out there? For what show/book/movie/etc. do you write for? Really, I just want to discuss anything fanfic related that authors can relate to, and I'd love to know if there's any fanfic-centered forums out there simply to discuss.

It's happy to be happy   :hope:

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Fanfiction?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 10:52:14 PM »
I used to write a lot of male slash fanfiction back when I used to watch a lot of anime. None of it was... Sexual. Mostly just cute fluff, because I didn't feel like I could write anything graphic without making a fool of myself.
I wrote Death Note (Matt/Mello), Tsubasa (Kurofai) and I think I wrote some Ouran stuff (Kyoya/Tamaki). I've written for other pairings and shows, but those were the only ones I ever posted anywhere. :P

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 11:26:12 PM »
Not my thing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 12:11:46 AM »
I used to write for the TV show Lost, but currently I'm writing for Stargate Atlantis. 

Xaniss

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 05:54:34 AM »
*hand up*

This has been on my mind for literally YEARS! I have a done a few works (they aren't great at all) and read many fanfics - I've written for Transformers (no surprise there) and have read both Transfics and TMNT.

My work is on hiatus as I don't have a suitable working environment - can't write 'mature' themes when someone is looking over your shoulder... but yes, I have done one sexual fic too and it has been eating away at me that I can't finish my stories - even after all these years!

But it's great to hear that you're geared up by it all and my advice is to read all you can of other people's works and just go for your own story - write (or type) a chapter, then come back to it in a day or so (so you can look at it with a 'fresh mind') and see how it sits with you.

Alternatively, if you would like someone to take a look (or be a Beta-reader) I'm sure someone can help you out! If you'd like, I'd be willing to help you out, though I am currently time-strapped and not a fast worker at all - but it just be motivation for me to get back into writing.. or at least help me with getting the ideas flowing again.  :huh:

I do wish you luck (and fun!) with your venture!  :D

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 11:01:50 AM »
Tsubasa (Kurofai)

OMG OMG! Major KuroFai (and CLAMP) fan here! :D I´d love to read some of your fanfics if you still have them ^^

I´ll just say that I have read a lot of fanfiction in my life, and as a rule, I love it! Sure, some fanfics suck, but you can usually tell as soon as you start reading. Some however have almost changed my life :D

I´ve never written fanfiction although I have been extremely tempted. The fandoms that I´ve mostly read from are Tolkien (not just LotR), Harry Potter, various mangas (mostly by Clamp) and most recently Supernatural (the TV show).

It's just amazing how great some of the works can be :) In fact, I've recently read one that was just so well written, and with such a great and relevant story that I was under its impression for weeks. Some people are really talented :)

So yeah, even if I've never actually written anything I'm going to lurk on this page and wish you all good luck :hug:
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »
Never have really taken the time to write fanfic.  *shrug* It's just not my bag.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 04:52:07 PM »
I wrote over 100 Team Rocket fanfictions back in 5th/6th grade. True story. o.o

I've written a few more (not always Team Rocket) over the years but nothing posted. I think I've become too picky as well, because I tend to get bored easily with it now.

I DO however, love parody fanfiction like My Immortal. I'm actually working on a parody of it called My Little Immortal: Friendship is Goffik.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 05:17:30 PM »
I write some biased on dreams of mine but i will never publish them they are just dreams of everyday life and such nothing adult themed.

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 07:54:53 PM »
I've read some really good fanfic from one author and before she could finish her latest story, she passed away.  :( 

I'd never write fanfic though.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 08:35:03 PM »
I've wrote only a few....the last one I wrote was a Hamtaro one years ago. I wrote a MLP one but I took it down because some of the reviews hurt my feelings.

I have been told my many that I have a gifted talent for writing. One teacher said I need to pursue something with it, and another said that a poem I wrote (I don't like writing poetry....it was an assignment) made her tear up.

I would love to write fanfics. But I am intimidated. I have all kinds of ideas but none of them seem to urge to be brave and put it up online.

Kudos to all the brave fanfic writers out there.

Though I don't write, I am a big reader of fanfiction. I spend a lot of my time at fanfic sites. I am definitely a fan of slash/yaoi for many different fandoms.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 11:25:31 PM »
I write fanfic! Sherlock, Chrestomanci, Lord of the Rings, Narnia, and my first MLP fic recently for an exchange. It's loads of fun. Also, when I'm on a deadline, it seems to stimulate me writing my own original fiction because anything I can do to procrastinate...

I mostly write g-rated things, with sometimes cussin'. Gen, slash (both m/m and f/f), and het.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 11:32:28 PM »
I love reading fanfic, and I enjoy writing it too! I'm mostly into grimdarky sort of stuff, but I read yaoi ninety percent of the time. Frostiron is a favourite pairing right now XD

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 02:05:39 AM »
Frostiron?

I ship Stony (or Superhusbands or Capiron or whatever you want to call it) since the ship sails itself with all the slashy moments in the comics. I can't write my way out of a paper bag but I can at least give prompts.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:11:14 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Tux N Tails

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 02:21:40 AM »
Hmmm, I've wrote fanfiction for a fair amount of stuff honestly. I've mostly written fanfictions about video games, I rarely do post them however as I do know my characters enter Sue territory. I just like an artistic release every now and then for some fun.

A couple fandoms I have wrote about include: Pokemon, Resident Evil and MANY moons ago, Sonic, when I was much younger.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal