collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay bidders with 0 feedback  (Read 710 times)

Offline MidnightFireflies

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Pony Archer!
    • View Profile
Ebay bidders with 0 feedback
« on: August 07, 2012, 11:37:30 AM »
I have a question about ebay bidders with 0 feedback. I realize that everyone has to start somewhere but 75% of the sales I make to bidders with 0 feedback go unpaid and no one responds to my messages. I'm honestly sick and tired of dealing with this. I don't know if this is against eBay policy or not and if someone can direct me to a link I'd appreciate it b/c I can't find any info. Can I put in my listings that if you are a bidder with 0 feedback that you must contact me FIRST before bidding or your bid will be cancelled?

Or can anyone give any other kind of advice in dealing with these kinds of bidders? It's so immensely frustrating!

Thanks in advance!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Ebay bidders with 0 feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 11:40:51 AM »
do you have turbo lister? i know in turbo lister you can select that you "don't accept bidders with 0 feedback".

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 11:41:02 AM »
I've seen people do that more and more recently actually.  You can choose to accept or decline bids pretty much for any reason as far as I know.  If you have been having significant problems with this issue I say post it in your listing.  I don't think you can actually block them from bidding unless they have -1 as far as standard preferences, but you can put it in your listing and toss people who don't abide by it.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 11:52:49 AM »
do you have turbo lister? i know in turbo lister you can select that you "don't accept bidders with 0 feedback".

love pkw xxx

I've actually never heard of turbo lister. Can you tell me what that is?

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:57:45 PM »
I dont have turbo lister so I need to research that a bit, but here's some information from ebay that might help answeer your question:

By adding buyer requirements to your listing, you can stop members from bidding on or buying your items based on certain criteria. You can block buyers who:

- are registered in countries you don't want to send items to
- have a negative feedback score
- unpaid item cases recorded against them
- are currently winning or have bought up to 100 of your items in the last ten days
- Do not have a PayPal account
- Have breached eBay policies.

Here's how to add buyer requirements to your listings:
1. Go to My eBay > My Account > Site Preferences
2. Select 'show' beside 'Buyer Requirements' then click 'Edit'.
3. Choose your buyer requirements and save.

so according to ebay you cant actually block people for having 0 feedback  :(   ....  but you can put in your auction/listing that people with 0 feedback need to contact you before bidding/buying :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 06:15:09 PM »
You can certainly request that! I've bought from a seller who asked that (for some reason I got confused and ended up contacting her anyway despite my feedback.  :blush:) and in addition she gave her reasoning on why she requested it. (She was just as frustrated with non-paying people with no feedback as you are.) It is really no imposition on the buyer, given how easy it is to send messages via eBay, and a good buyer will not resent having to do so at all. I say go for it!
I'll put something here some time

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »
I've never sold in eBay, but done so in MercadoLibre (eBay partner for LatinAmerica).  And I ask for buyers with 0 feedback or negatives to contact me BEFORE bidding of buying (that's the only thing I can do... at least in ML I haven't found a way to block possible bidders).

I don't see bad to ask if you  have 0 feedback or low feedback to tell the buyer you are really interested in said item.  Or at least that's what I do =P

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 08:45:28 PM »
I started to do this myself a few months ago. I have it right in my auctions description that if you have less that 5 positive feedbacks you must make contact with me or I will cancel your bids. However, people apparently either dont read the description and see this, or they do and dont care. I still have people that I have to chase around because they will not email me.

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 10:15:17 AM »
Wow! Thanks every pony! This certainly was helpful! I will be adding in my listings to contact me first before bidding especially if they have 0 feedback. I just can't deal with the frustration any more.

I wonder if enough of us petitioned ebay to restrict bidders with 0 feedback if they'd listen to use. For example, having anyone brand new that registers on ebay to take a multiple choice test that tests them on their knowledge and understanding of ebay policies. When they pass they are obviously aware of what they are doing. Then if someone with 0 feedback wins and doesn't pay within a reasonable amount of time, ban that person for a certain amount of time as punishment.

UGH. Frustration.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 10:30:47 AM »
I have always said ebay needs a 101 for buyers before they turn them loose.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 11:02:55 AM »
That is a really good idea.  :) We can dream.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal