collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How we collect  (Read 1644 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: How we collect
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 04:18:26 PM »
Oh this is easy for me :) I am a completionist completely :) Ponies must have their combs, accessories, stickers and ribbons please and thank you. I have a crazy goal of all G1 US and Euro ponies loose and with their accessories...its a long term goal as you can guess.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 07:38:21 PM »
I started out only collecting a very small number of ponies, either from childhood or ones that I liked the look of -
When I found that old document this year though of "every pony ever I could possibly want" I found that I had already bought most of them and heaps more!!

I find things really grow on me too, like originally i only had two dream beauties on my list, and now I am desperately trying to find the last three I need :P

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 07:47:12 PM »
I never felt the need to have all ponies,

I am the total opposite. I see a pony item I don't have, and I immediatly want it. This especially applies to the Goodwill/Value Village, since everything there is cheap. I have such unrealistic goals. In fact, some other goals I have are to get all 1st party Nintendo games, and every single game system.... I'm crazy, I know.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Gonzo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 07:58:57 PM »
I've been trying to get one of every brushable G4 (with the exception of molded-hair Pinklestia, and maybe Canterlot!Luna now that a more show-accurate version is on the way); all the ones I have are loose, and a couple are second-hand. The saddles and wagons aren't necessary, just the animal friend if they came with one.

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 02:11:37 AM »
 :lol: I'm kinda happy I am not the only one who "rescues" ponies!

I wouldn't mind completing small sets like the Glow n' Show. I'd also love to have a baby Glider Fancypants play set, I believe she came with a changing table and not a playpen. This was my favorite pony, and I think my first MLP as a kid.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2012, 11:42:04 AM »
I never want the pony hunt to end.  I complete sets and then sell them, time and time again, and start all over.  Ten years ago, that strategy worked pretty well but now it's getting harder to find the ponies I want in the condition I want.  My mindset is shifting into keeping my finds and broadening my collecting goals, like pursuing Nirvanas and merchandise and new generations, in order to get that 'hunting' fix instead of this catch-and-release program I've been following.  ;)

That sounds crazy to verbalize.  :D
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »
I collect only the ponies I have a really strong attachment too. Like childhood ones or ones I've gotten from someone special ^__^
I recently down-sized my collection big time and now have a wery ecxlusive collection XD
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2012, 02:10:56 PM »
I want ponies. I want more ponies. I want too many ponies to count them all.
I don't want duplicates, unless someone doesn't want them. In that case i'll always take them in :lovey:
I want regular ponies, like the playful ones. I wouldn't trade them for any FS or blind bag.
Okay, aside from :muffin: Pony.

I avoid too many accesories. The box i keep them in is getting full!

Okay, this doesn't count for older ponies that aren't G4. I'd love three Firefly and five Minty and seven other gen Minty and two Lady Cupcake and and.. I have a different box for older accesories... And those ponyville G3.5s are adorable :)

I collect and really love fakies as well!

I tend to get overly attached to my ponies... I used to avoid washing my ponies properly because i was worried that they might not have enjoyed scrubbing. While i used to keep them on a shelf in my warderobe, i bought them a tiny little lamp so it wouldn't be too dark in there, and i made them tiny blankets because it was cold there. (Imagine making correct-size blankets for every single pony of your collection !)
Now i have a shelf next to my bed. With walls so if they fall, they'll end up on my pillow. I thought they'd like landing softly!
I can't take out some ponies to brush them or style their hair without taking the rest too, fearing that their feelings might get hurt.
It actually hurts my feelings when people say that Lanard fakies aren't cute (My favourite fakies of those i have are of Lanard) or that they dislike G2s (My most treasured pony is G2) so i'll always feel like trying to buy theirs just to love them.

There you have it. My urge to love them probably comes from my childish nature :silly:

Offline Mapago

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2012, 02:14:02 PM »
I don't need to have all the ponies, I just pick some sets I really like and try to complete them. But I do want to have a least one set of each generation

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 02:26:48 PM »
I want ALL the G4s (minus Blind bags) tons of custom G4s and custome plushies, and just as many previous gens as I can.

I grab anything related to G4 I see.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal